When did Villanova start to suck? | The Boneyard

When did Villanova start to suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This team is mediocre and lazy. They had a 10 point lead against a bad Purdue team in the second half and are now losing by 6, and the team still looks like they would rather be somewhere else. Purdue is shooting free throws and looks like it is about to blow Villanova out.

How long has it been since Jay Wright had a good team at Villanova?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I thought he was part of the problem.
well i mean they were good that year then after that year it went down hill i believe... didnt last draft cheeks and wayne leave for the draft?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wriht must have taken the refs out for steak and pre game

Reaction Score
He can't coach offense. His teams are always scrappy on defense but offensively play with no efficiency. Constantly a problem. And when the players change and the coach doesn't you know its a coaching philosophy/skill issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
nova has this game in the bag in ot. better depth than purdue after several foul outs. they play bama now for the tney ship. i havn't seen much on bama but they should be ok to good. would be a good win for the big east as i think nova is a middle pack or lower team this year overall in conf.

Reaction Score
This team is mediocre and lazy. They had a 10 point lead against a bad Purdue team in the second half and are now losing by 6, and the team still looks like they would rather be somewhere else. Purdue is shooting free throws and looks like it is about to blow Villanova out.

How long has it been since Jay Wright had a good team at Villanova?

Reaction Score

If you're looking for exactly when they started sucking: this shot. Literally the turning point.

They started the season 16-2 heading into Gampel, finished 5-11 including losing their final 6. Then we saw the mess continue into last season.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

If you're looking for exactly when they started sucking: this shot. Literally the turning point.

They started the season 16-2 heading into Gampel, finished 5-11 including losing their final 6. Then we saw the mess continue into last season.

My favorite part of this play is that afterwards when everyone is hugging him and celebrating, he has a disgusted look on his face. This is because he went 0/2 in his trip to the line that would have iced the game had he sunk both. I remember seeing his reaction after winning the game live and immediately knowing what he was thinking.

What a great finish for a guy who must have felt the weight of the world on his shoulders after missing those FTs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He can't coach offense. His teams are always scrappy on defense but offensively play with no efficiency. Constantly a problem. And when the players change and the coach doesn't you know its a coaching philosophy/skill issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think you are right.

Wright managed to pull out the win on the back of a terrible call with 45 seconds left that gave Villanova a 4 point play.

Reaction Score
Nova has definitely fallen a bit, but let's not forget that they were in the Final Four just 4 years ago (they join just 4 other big east teams that have made the FF over the past 10 years-Uconn, UL, WVU, GTown).

They followed that up with two mediocre seasons, but at least they made the tournament each of those years. Last year was a bad year, but they have some decent recruits and I think they'll get on track quickly

Reaction Score
Nova has definitely fallen a bit, but let's not forget that they were in the Final Four just 4 years ago (they join just 4 other big east teams that have made the FF over the past 10 years-Uconn, UL, WVU, GTown).

They followed that up with two mediocre seasons, but at least they made the tournament each of those years. Last year was a bad year, but they have some decent recruits and I think they'll get on track quickly

Not an SU fan, but I'm pretty sure they made the final four in '03. They had proper justification for making t-shirts that year.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

That's odd. No mention of SU. After reading their board, I swear Syracuse made the Final Four at least nine of the past ten years.

Reaction Score
Not an SU fan, but I'm pretty sure they made the final four in '03. They had proper justification for making t-shirts that year.

When it comes to Syracuse, I'll lie and cheat!

You're right- they won it all 9 years ago! I guess you can add Marquette to that list, although they weren't a big east team at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom