When Daniels comes back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When Daniels comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the part I don't get. Daniels has a limited handle and limited quickness. His offense would suffer tremendously at the 3. Kromah is a much better 3, offensively. Defensively Daniels may be a bit slow for the 3, though his height compensates. Kromah is probably a better 3 defensively too. Daniels adds by far the most value at the 4, where he is a mismatch coming out to the perimeter for the pick-and-pop or pick-and-roll plays that opposing 4s can't defend. It's true he lacks bulk but he has held up well this year for the most part.
You make a very good point here. Daniel struggles a bit defensively against quicker wings. What we might gain with him out on the perimeter, which I'm not sure is what's best, we might lose with what he doesn't give us defensively compared to Kromah and Giffey covering the other teams 3s. I like how Daniels is able to exploit slower fours who struggle to cover him out on the perimeter. Daniels gets a lot of open looks on high screens as he kicks out to receive passes from Boatright and Shabazz. I'm okay with Daniels playing a few minutes at the 3, but I like his rebounding on both ends of the floor and his ability to score from inside and outside. When Daniels gets beat off the dribble it causes our defense to scramble. Kromah and Giffey have done a really good job of keeping their men from getting by them. If it ain't broke why try to fix it. I don't mind moving Daniels to the three for a few minutes to get Facey a few more minutes but I like DD most as a stretch four.

Reaction Score
Our players have to match up with the opposing five on the floor and so do they. Whose a 3, guard their 4, we will try to exploit our advantages and cover our shortcomings. All these position numbers are great. Let's score and play D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom