What's up with the UConn Co-op? | The Boneyard

What's up with the UConn Co-op?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They only carry shirts for young children? S, M, L, XL, then $3 more for 2XL, and no larger sizes? And they don't respond to questions via their own submission mechanism. Anyone ever see a 3XL shirt there?

Reaction Score
They only carry shirts for young children? S, M, L, XL, then $3 more for 2XL, and no larger sizes? And they don't respond to questions via their own submission mechanism. Anyone ever see a 3XL shirt there?

68 there are on occasion some 3XL's, Under Armour golf shirts I believe had a few……….

Reaction Score
Like any store, they have to stack up on what sells the most. Obviously you don't want to have a lot of inventory targeting 10% or less of buyers. Gotta be realistic here. No thin privilege, 3XL is just huge for the average person

Reaction Score
You think only a child would wear below a 3XL? Might need a little realism in your life, I've heard of shirts running small, but at a point you need to look yourself in the mirror and judge whether you're the abnormally sized one

Pretty assuming I guess……….pretty happy in my skin and can look in the mirror and smile…….but on occasion a golf shirt that is a 2XL isn't a 2XL……sometimes an XL is oversized…….maybe you're just a young skinny a** I don't know but to judge over the internet on people is really shallow dude……really pitiful! You and escasado can go out and have your salads and be "funny" while I'll be much happier having a beer and a burger with someone who is more real like uconnfan68……..

Man even some UConn fans are screwed up!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty assuming I guess……….pretty happy in my skin and can look in the mirror and smile…….but on occasion a golf shirt that is a 2XL isn't a 2XL……sometimes an XL is oversized…….maybe you're just a young skinny a* I don't know but to judge over the internet on people is really shallow dude……really pitiful! You and escasado can go out and have your salads and be "funny" while I'll be much happier having a beer and a burger with someone who is more real like uconnfan68……..

Man even some UConn fans are screwed up!

Wait, What the heck did I say for you to get all PC on me?

All I said is that stores stack up on the most common sizes, why would they stack up on 3XL which is not as common? What is wrong about the truth?

Do I some how have to lie and say the UConn Co-op fuc k ed up by not carrying a lot of 3XL shirts? this is something that happens all across America. Same happens with pants, and with big shoes. its all about the market and 3XL is "huge" or too large for the average person

this is not about thin privilege as one poster above said. its strictly market economics

Lastly, I hate salads man. I hate veggies. I like my double burgers with cheese and NO lettuce or tomato, take the pickles out also, add some cheese fries to that ...thanks for the assumption though!

Last edited:

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
ecasadoSBU said:
Wait, What the heck did I say for you to get all PC on me? All I said is that stores stack up on the most common sizes, why would they stack up on 3XL which is not as common? What is wrong about the truth? Do I some how have to lie and say the UConn Co-op fuc k ed up by not carrying a lot of 3XL shirts? this is something that happens all across America. Same happens with pants, and with big shoes. its all about the market and 3XL is "huge" or too large for the average person this is not about thin privilege as one poster above said. its strictly market economics
Lol the thin privilege comment was a joke. Thin privilege doesn't exist.

Reaction Score
Tom, I used to rep one of the biggest manufacturers of college wearables and I can tell you that the factories charge more for sizes 2XL and above and also charge more if the size ordering formula is broken (1S,3M, 5L, 3XL). If you look at a closeout list at the end of a season you will find mostly size small and medium. You would think that they would increase production of sizes L and up but they don't.
Colleges place the orders and manufacturers make the product (beginning with actually weaving the cloth) to the exact quantity so reorders are a problem because the product doesn't exist.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

All I said is that stores stack up on the most common sizes, why would they stack up on 3XL which is not as common? What is wrong about the truth?

Do I some how have to lie and say the UConn Co-op fuc k ed up by not carrying a lot of 3XL shirts? this is something that happens all across America. Same happens with pants, and with big shoes. its all about the market and 3XL is "huge" or too large for the average person

this is not about thin privilege as one poster above said. its strictly market economics

Lastly, I hate salads man. I hate veggies. I like my double burgers with cheese and NO lettuce or tomato, take the pickles out also, add some cheese fries to that ...thanks for the assumption though!

Pretty sure he was talking to someone else.

Reaction Score

My bad it sounded like you jumped on his bandwagon please accept my sincerest…….

Reaction Score
The Coop shirts run small. I wear a medium in "normal" clothes, but the T-shirts I get from the coop are XL.

Reaction Score
And don't even mention roller coasters...
Went to large roller coaster park. Literally saw only a handful of obese people and they were typically sitting on benches pounding fried dough and cotton candy. Virtually everybody else was in reasonably good shape, regardless of age.

It was almost like a flashback to the 70s when I was a kid and there weren't constant migratory herds of fatsos mulling about the mall and the stadiums and the streets.

I guess the roller coaster park being devoid of double wides makes sense. If you're a large, large person, the following must not be an appealing sales pitch:

"Come to our park where the food you love is marked up 500% and spend 10 hours walking around and waiting in lines for rides into which you don't fit and which will bounce your flubber around like a superball in a paint can shaker until you feel the adipose tissue pulling from your skeletal structure."

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
babysheep said:
Dude have you seen airline seats? And don't even mention roller coasters...
Yeah seats on planes are small when you're overweight but that's easily remedied by losing weight

Reaction Score
Like any store, they have to stack up on what sells the most. Obviously you don't want to have a lot of inventory targeting 10% or less of buyers. Gotta be realistic here. No thin privilege, 3XL is just huge for the average person
Not all of us are marathon runners or anorexic. Hard to believe you can't even get that size on-line. Guess they don't want or need my money. Great way to run a business, and even better way to get you brand out there. Not.

Reaction Score
Not all of us are marathon runners or anorexic. Hard to believe you can't even get that size on-line. Guess they don't want or need my money. Great way to run a business, and even better way to get you brand out there. Not.

No need to be offended and walk out like that. I think its better if you request it, file a complaint or let UConn athletics know about the situation. Showing you care about the situation can help you and others that are affected get a better result next time around. Im sure you not the only one. But there is just isn't enough like you to hurt Uconn's pockets so they can directly notice. Let your voice be heard and I'm sure they'll try to accommodate you.

Trust me, you are not the only one drowned out by market economics. It has happened to me for example: I have very long unusual arms, sorta disproportional to the rest of my body (runs in my family). Its hard for me to find a standard long sleeve dress shirt that accommodates my arm length that matches my neck size and chest width, gotta search around, try to use fitted clothing, and blah blah. Only some brands make the cut. Some stores don't even have anything I can feel comfortable with. Nonetheless, I let my voice be heard with a sales rep, the cashier, etc

Reaction Score
No need to be offended and walk out like that. I think its better if you request it, file a complaint or let UConn athletics know about the situation. Showing you care about the situation can help you and others that are affected get a better result next time around. Im sure you not the only one. But there is just isn't enough like you to hurt Uconn's pockets so they can directly notice. Let your voice be heard and I'm sure they'll try to accommodate you.

Trust me, you are not the only one drowned out by market economics. It has happened to me for example: I have very long unusual arms, sorta disproportional to the rest of my body (runs in my family). Its hard for me to find a standard long sleeve dress shirt that accommodates my arm length that matches my neck size and chest width, gotta search around, try to use fitted clothing, and blah blah. Only some brands make the cut. Some stores don't even have anything I can feel comfortable with. Nonetheless, I let my voice be heard with a sales rep, the cashier, etc
I hear you... have some fitting problems myself, need tall shirts with shorter arms. Maybe we can mix and match sleeves. ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom