What's up with posts needing "moderator approval"? | The Boneyard

What's up with posts needing "moderator approval"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was just replying to a post, innocent enough, and got the message ...

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Is this new? What's the deal with that? I re-read my post, and there was zero controversial in it, no cussing, really just a generic post. Is anyone else ever getting this message? What's the deal with it?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."

Is this new? What's the deal with that? I re-read my post, and there was zero controversial in it, no cussing, really just a generic post. Is anyone else ever getting this message? What's the deal with it?
looking into that Eric. We (the mods) are getting lots of standard posts for approval from established posters for some reason. In the mean time a small bribe and I'll approve your posts quick(er) (maybe). ;)

Reaction Score

Have you ever been affiliated with the Communist Party?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
looking into that Eric. We (the mods) are getting lots of standard posts for approval from established posters for some reason. In the mean time a small bribe and I'll approve your posts quick(er) (maybe). ;)
LOL. You know, the only thing I can think of in my post is that I was talking about Fowles and said she was a "beast in the post". Maybe using the word "beast" flagged as being potentially too critical not knowing the context? Sort of like how we don't like the word "thug"?

Anyway I'll send the bribe your way toot sweet! :p

JS

Reaction Score
There's been a random glitch that does that for quite a while. Seems it just got worse.

On the other hand, most of you established posters are guilty of something . . .

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
There's been a random glitch that does that for quite a while. Seems it just got worse.

On the other hand, most of you established posters are guilty of something . . .
unjustified persistence, if nothing else...:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For those of us who know the truth, this is a really funny, funny thread. LMAO!

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
I sure know the feeling!Every time I post,i get the glasses that they are watching the posted topic.Makes me feel like a spy,lol.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I sure know the feeling!Every time I post,i get the glasses that they are watching the posted topic.Makes me feel like a spy,lol.
'
I don't know about you guys but here the flies are security.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow, flies as security: Wiki on flies:

The female housefly usually only mates once and stores the sperm for later use. She lays batches of about 100 eggs on decaying organic matter such as garbage, carrion or feces. These soon hatch into legless white maggots which after 2 to 5 weeks of development transform into reddish-brown pupae, about 8 mm (0.3 in) long. Adult flies normally live for 2 to 4 weeks but can hibernate during the winter. The adults feed on a variety of liquid or semi-liquid substances beside solid materials which have been softened by saliva. They carry pathogens on their bodies and in their feces and can contaminate foodstuffs and contribute to the transfer of food-borne illnesses. For these reasons they are considered pests, but have been used in the laboratory in research into ageing and sex determination.

Reaction Score
Are you or do you know a Foreign National. If so, the Men In Black will be watching you. I Had to have a talk with one of them for my clearance. Not fun.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

I got it quite often when I first started posting.

Reaction Score
I've had this as well. Nice to know there has been some kind of glitch because it was quite disconcerting at the time. What I attempted to find out and was unsuccessful, but would still like to know now, what are the actual parameters or qualifiers for receiving this notice when there is no glitch.

Now that I've gotten a little older, I prefer to stay on the north side of the law. :eek:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wow, flies as security: Wiki on flies:

The female housefly usually only mates once and stores the sperm for later use. She lays batches of about 100 eggs on decaying organic matter such as garbage, carrion or feces. These soon hatch into legless white maggots which after 2 to 5 weeks of development transform into reddish-brown pupae, about 8 mm (0.3 in) long. Adult flies normally live for 2 to 4 weeks but can hibernate during the winter. The adults feed on a variety of liquid or semi-liquid substances beside solid materials which have been softened by saliva. They carry pathogens on their bodies and in their feces and can contaminate foodstuffs and contribute to the transfer of food-borne illnesses. For these reasons they are considered pests, but have been used in the laboratory in research into ageing and sex determination.
Come in Tokyo. Come in Tokyo. Damn, they're not responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom