What's up with Morgan? | The Boneyard

What's up with Morgan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I am very surprised not to have seen anything on the board about Morgan's situation. Does anyone have any recent information?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope that it's something that can be pretty much fixed/cured, and is not something that is chronic and will plague her for the rest of her career. Folks like Morgan Valley and Brit Hunter didn't have much success with chronic injuries/health problems that plagued them throughout their UCONN careers. They both did the best they could, but it's too bad they couldn't be 100% physically because both were very gifted from a hoops perspective. Morgan is too. Praying for her to be 100% and be able to put all the knee issues behind her...

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I am very surprised not to have seen anything on the board about Morgan's situation. Does anyone have any recent information?

elz...just my theory, but I think Geno is going to err on the side of caution w/ any injuries. Morgan has already had surgery on that knee, so he figures why push it. She's a sophomore w/ two more wonderful years ahead, let it heal 100%. Plus, in his world, nothing matters until March. Even games against Baylor are low in importance compared to the NCAA tourny. ;)

Plus my cousin went to UConn and he knows a guy who is best friends w/ the guy who cleans the gym and he said Morgan could have played against Baylor but Geno was being cautious. :cool:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is it competing in 9 games or competing in a game once the team has passed the 9th game of the season?

Where's Phil or JS? They are always good on these details.

Reaction Score
elz...just my theory, but I think Geno is going to err on the side of caution w/ any injuries. Morgan has already had surgery on that knee, so he figures why push it. She's a sophomore w/ two more wonderful years ahead, let it heal 100%. Plus, in his world, nothing matters until March. Even games against Baylor are low in importance compared to the NCAA tourny. ;)

Plus my cousin went to UConn and he knows a guy who is best friends w/ the guy who cleans the gym and he said Morgan could have played against Baylor but Geno was being cautious. :cool:

DAV: Geez......YOU know that guy too?? What a freakin small world. Maybe we're even related.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
This is the type of speculation that is just bad.
Amen!
Boneyard Don\'t know 4.JPG

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Icebear said:
Is it competing in 9 games or competing in a game once the team has passed the 9th game of the season?

Where's Phil or JS? They are always good on these details.

From my reading of the redshirt rule, she must have played no more than 30% of regular season games. 9 would be OK. 10 would be over the limit.

But again, I hope she will be back in action very soon......

U

UCONNfan1

If redshirting is an option, not a bad thing since she would effectively become part of Saniya's class. Let's hope she's ok, but I think most would rather see her completely 100% healed than try to come back if she's "pretty good" but not 100%...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It has certainly sounded like fairly minor inflammation this time around and nothing structural - perhaps to much activity too quickly. Hunter had a really serious problem by the time she got to Uconn and it was always pretty much 50/50 whether they could ever fix it. Valley had a foot issue (not unlike what Stef experienced) and while knees are inherently less stable, feet take more constant stress and once it goes from one off to recurring it is harder to ever fully recover.
So I am going to stay positive on Tuck until proved otherwise. I agree that Geno and the medical staff are going err on the side of caution.

Reaction Score
Problem is: when you're not playing, you're not growing your game, just getting farther behind. Tough for her and for the team.

Reaction Score
From my reading of the redshirt rule, she must have played no more than 30% of regular season games. 9 would be OK. 10 would be over the limit.

But again, I hope she will be back in action very soon.

Actually it is no more than 30% of regular season games plus an allowance of one for league tournament. The allowable number is rounded up to the next whole number. So she would be allowed to play up to 32 x 30% = 10 games and still qualify for a medical hardship waiver (technically not a redshirt).

The second part of the rule is that a player cannot have played at all in the second half of the season. For UConn that would mean the cutoff date was just prior to the Temple game - so she is OK there as well. And finally, a player needs a medically documented season-ending injury. Hopefully that is not the case with her.

Reaction Score

I would think, the guy that cleans the gym, would know exactly what Geno is thinking. Just a hunch..

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
In addition to her foot problems?
That was the specific foot problem. Stef stress reaction and a fracture in the non weight bearing bone.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sorry, I missed it. A little thick this morning.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Amid the above myrth
Is there any hard news with regard this subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom