What's the most excited you've ever been after a UConn victory? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's the most excited you've ever been after a UConn victory?

What's the most excited you've ever been after a UConn victory?

• We Shocked the World -99 vs Duke

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • Tate George - The Shot

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • 2004 vs GA Tech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2011 vs Butler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2014 vs UK

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • 2014 UConn vs MSU Elite 8

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean if you were a fan of UConn while in the Yankee Conference/ECAC in the 60's/70's and didn't cry a little after the '99 NC then you need to check your pulse. I mean I stood looking at the TV after Langdon lost the ball and Rash ran with it, and thought "How the hell did Calhoun make this happen?" …………and I also thought I think we're here to stay and dammit we're beyond that!!

Tate's shot is 2nd but the '99 title was so so special to me as a long time Husky fan……..not close!

Reaction Score
2009 Mizzou and 2011 Arizona are up there for me. I picked MSU, was my birthday for the ISU game and was there for both. Best birthday weekend ever. First time at MSG, maybe I'm good luck or something.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
The first championship had me giddy for weeks. But the end of one game sent me running out the front door, screaming into the night, only to see my neighbor across the street burst out of his front door the exact same way, and we just howled at each other with our arms up in the air, then ran back inside our respective houses to watch the replays. It's late, it's Tate, it's great.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was at the L"Ville BET win. A woman gave me and my son two tickets on the floor.(she was Cuse fan) That was special. But MS,FL and KY was amazing. How many great memories do we have?

Reaction Score
The first championship had me giddy for weeks. But the end of one game sent me running out the front door, screaming into the night, only to see my neighbor across the street burst out of his front door the exact same way, and we just howled at each other with our arms up in the air, then ran back inside our respective houses to watch the replays. It's late, it's Tate, it's great.
I remember at the end of the game thinking and dreading about having to rake my leaves (Spring leftovers). It was a Saturday afternoon. After 'The Shot' I was ready to rake the whole neighborhood's.

Amazing how I still remember that day emotionally. In fact it actually lessened the pain of dook game following. It was the Miracle of UConn. It was the impossible being made possible, and extending such a deserving team's season.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
For many reasons I'm going with our win over Michigan State in the Elite 8 this year. I actually shed a tear after the final buzzer went off. We were very heavy underdogs -as we were in most tourney games this year. Elite 8 games are always the most nerve-racking for me as a fan, and it was pretty sweet to see these kids get back to the Final Four where we belong. MSG, new coach, the most loyal players, timing w/conf realignment, and the injustice of our postseason ban from the previous year.

This is exactly how I felt. Elite 8 was already further than expected, we were HUGE underdogs and went down by 10 in the second half. I was borderline in tears when it concluded. Special special win in the Garden.

'99 would be next, as I was in Gampel and partying in the Jungle.

Reaction Score
I remember at the end of the game thinking and dreading about having to rake my leaves (Spring leftovers). It was a Saturday afternoon. After 'The Shot' I was ready to rake the whole neighborhood's.

Amazing how I still remember that day emotionally. In fact it actually lessened the pain of dook game following. It was the Miracle of UConn. It was the impossible being made possible, and extending such a deserving team's season.

I believe "The Shot" game was a Thursday game at 7pm as I remember driving down to it early afternoon and getting there very early and hanging out in local pubs………..the shot by Laettner was on Saturday……….

Reaction Score
I believe "The Shot" game was a Thursday game at 7pm as I remember driving down to it early afternoon and getting there very early and hanging out in local pubs………..the shot by Laettner was on Saturday……….
Yeah I can remember emotions but not dates. Amazing how freaking old I'm getting. Now I don't even know why I wasn't working that day, but I know how I felt and what I was doing. Go figure. Keep feeding your brain Mau, its still sharp.

Reaction Score
Yeah I can remember emotions but not dates. Amazing how freaking old I'm getting. Now I don't even know why I wasn't working that day, but I know how I felt and what I was doing. Go figure. Keep feeding your brain Mau, its still sharp.

It's not that sharp Kita it helped that I was at the game otherwise I would probably be thinking the same……

You can always say you were so excited about The Shot you forgot what day and time it was!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't think this should even be a discussion. The '99 Championship game trumps all that preceded it and no game has come close since significance.

It was the first championship.
It was my senior year
Much like the "1918" chant for Yankee fans, it forever retired the opposing chant of, UConn: Where men are men and women are champions."

Reaction Score
I don't think this should even be a discussion. The '99 Championship game trumps all that preceded it and no game has come close since significance.

It was the first championship.
It was my senior year
Much like the "1918" chant for Yankee fans, it forever retired the opposing chant of, UConn: Where men are men and women are champions."

There was a 1918 chant for Yankee fans?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
1999 will always stand above the rest for me…

Regular season (2002) when we were down at the 1/2 to UMASS 30 - 9 & beat them 59-48. Never forget that one...

Reaction Score
That '99 title game was magical, no doubt. But "The Shot", which I voted for, was my moment.

Reaction Score
1999 without a doubt.

It was drilled into everyone who watched the madness - no one wins it all in their first final four. So much so that it was the last play when Langdon brought it down was when I allowed myself to think: "This is going to happen!"

Bent double in a fetal position I was yelling at the TV as Langdon brought down the ball. When Langdon tripped it's like the world around me paused only to be un-paused by that sweet sounding buzzer! All I could keep yelling was "National Champions!" and tears of joy couldn't stop flowing. I remember still sitting in the couch around 3am mumbling thanks to Rip, KEA, Calhoun, etc.... That was some night.

Reaction Score
The ’99 Championship over Duke. It was the first time, which everyone always remembers. Finally broke down that door against a team of ‘destiny’ that many did not give UConn a chance against. Plus, add in all of the grief that Duke gave UConn over the years leading-up to that game. After the win, a friend and I went running down the middle of Boylston Street screaming our foolish heads off. Finally ran out of steam (and balance as I was happily drunk) about 4 blocks away where my girlfriend found me sitting down on a bench smiling and she just shook her head.

Reaction Score
Aside from those mentioned above, I'd include the BET victory over Louisville in 2011. I ran outside and sprinted around my driveway when that was over.
What about the Kemba shot against Pitt same tournament?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The MSU game at MSG was the antithesis of everything the Fiesta Bowl was perceived to be from University cred standpoint, so it will always be important, but nothing can ever touch '99.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom