What's Happened to Dayton WBB | The Boneyard

What's Happened to Dayton WBB

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Dayton is now coached by Tamika Williams-Jeter. As most know Tamika is an UConn Alumni.

Dayton has traditionally been a High Mid Major winning 20+ games and going to the NCAA Tournament.

So far this year they are 0-7 2022-23 Women's Basketball Schedule - University of Dayton Athletics
Looking at the schedule, I would think they should have won at least 4 of the games they have lost.

I was looking Providence's schedule, UConn next's game and I saw that they had defeated Dayton and that made me look up Dayton's schedule.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is what happens when all the key players either graduate or follow the coach to her new job.

Four of Dayton's starters last year were seniors or super-seniors. The lone underclassman starter, who led them in scoring, transferred to Illinois. Their "sixth woman" (#6 in both minutes and points), also a sophomore, transferred to Rhode Island.

It's nice that Dayton has a winning tradition, but Tamika is gonna have to rebuild the program from next to nothing.

Reaction Score
Didn't one of Dayton's 2022 recruits follow Coach Green to Illinois as well?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Didn't one of Dayton's 2022 recruits follow Coach Green to Illinois as well?
Kam'Ren Rhodes originally committed to Dayton, now at Illinois.

Brynn Shoup-Hill, a scarcely used player for Dayton last year, also followed Green to Champaign.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Could be many factors; lost of top tier talent and skills, players not buying in to the new coach system of play, not trusting the new coach, not believing in the new coach, coach not building a system round the talent that they have. I mean the list could go on for 5-10 pages. But they were close in a few games. I think the Northern Kentucky game they went into double or triple OT and lost by three or four points.

Reaction Score
There do seem to be multiple schools where the head coach left for another school that are struggling early along with some others that do not appear to have missed a beat. I think this is all schools in that position and their records right now:
American 0-7
Buffalo 1-4
UCF 6-1
Coppin State 2-6
Delaware 5-2
Georgia 8-1
IUPUI 3-4
Kansas City 3-5
Longwood 1-6
Missouri State 2-3
Saint Peter's 0-6
USC Upstate 1-6
South Dakota 4-4
Towson 4-3
Yale 4-4

Obviously, some low majors difficult non-conference schedules with few expected wins so it will be hard to tell on some of these until after conference play is in full swing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom