What's got into Tennessee? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's got into Tennessee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw most of the game and to me DeShields did her Courtney Williams impersonation. Give me the ball and let me penetrate a porous defense. Give her credit from recovering from some terrible performances this year and shaking off this apathetic tag she has received, at least for the past several games. Still not seeing much in the way of any sort of offensive flow from them and defensively, well we'll see what they do with Kelsey Mitchell next weekend.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I watched them last night against ASU....I don't know what's gotten into them but I know Holly must love it.

Good for the LadyVols. And good for Holly.
May she keep her job indefinitely!!!

Reaction Score
Correct, but where are all the "experts" who said that Tenn should not even be in the tourney, and would finish near the bottom in the AAC??

Are you referring to the "experts" who watched this team sulk, pout, and mail it in game after game all season?

The best predictor of behavior in the future is behavior in the past, unless a competent individual (team) decided to tank most of the season. That team we saw all season is not the same team we watched over the past 5-6 games.

Question: putting aside those wins where, for some reason, the opposition decided to play man, what do we think is the difference?

Reaction Score
It has been mentioned here , but I will rubber stamp it..... good thing about the Tenn win is that Holly is rewarded with praise.... she made the sweet 16 and that is success in the current state down there..... so she probably bought herself a little more time.... I don't think the ASU game was like the emperors new clothes for Tenn..... just an abberation.... i do not expect them to shoot 52% vs Ohio State.... but hey they may get inspired and put in another good effort.....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Based on past behavior, not only has she secured next year's coaching gig, but the AD will probably give her another raise and another extension - he has done it every year that she has reached the second weekend I believe.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Do you think Ohio State will play a zone against Tennessee? It isn't their natural style, and I will be somewhat surprised if they do. But if they don't, then I think Tennessee will have the edge.

Tennessee showed against ASU that it can play an effective 3-2 zone. That is exactly what UConn did back in November, and it shut down the Ohio State guards. Maybe they have progressed since then -- I certainly hope so.

I hope not, because I want the Gamecocks to end their season.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope not, because I want the Gamecocks to end their season.
Nah. I'm not shocked that Tenn made the sweet 16 - mainly because ASU is a team custom made for them - slow players who are un-athleic and unable to stay in front of Tenn defensively. OSU is an entirely different type of team.

Anyway, I hope Tenn loses by a ton. I'd much rather see you face off against OSU than Tenn. OSU would be a much more entertaining game for sure...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Then you're not a UCONN fan.

The only good that can come out of this is that TN will probably keep Warlick around for a few more years. :D
Isn't that good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom