What to do now? | The Boneyard

What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For the last 25+ years, the next three weeks have been my favorite time to be a sports fan. I can't enjoy the BET or the NCAAs this year because of our baseless ban. I can't enjoy watching all those BE programs that benefitted from our superiority dance on our floor at MSG; and I can't enjoy watching the sham NCAA put on its little pretend pageant.

I tried to block it out until now, and it worked. I've enjoyed this season tremendously, and being there for the game with my family and friends yesterday was such a joy. But now the reality is hitting and it sucks.

WTF am I going to do for these next three weeks?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Take an online lecture series. Learn how to cook something new. Watch a ton of . Watch or rewatch all of Breaking Bad. Actually not be a liability to your business in the month of March for once. The possibilities are endless.

Reaction Score
Gloat over what happened yesterday!! That should take us through the next 2-3 weeks. Then, we keep our fingers crossed that everybody comes back. Watch for the info on what the kids will do during the summer. And, most important, the recruiting watch that goes on and on...........
Next year could very well be special.

Reaction Score
Estimate our seeding in the BET and the NCAA tourney.

Block out the time periods when you assume we would have been playing (should be 10 more times assuming we win every game.....which i always assume)

Cry for 2 hours during those blocks of time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Take an online lecture series. Learn how to cook something new. Watch a ton of . Watch or rewatch all of Breaking Bad. Actually not be a liability to your business in the month of March for once. The possibilities are endless.
Estimate our seeding in the BET and the NCAA tourney.

Block out the time periods when you assume we would have been playing (should be 10 more times assuming we win every game.....which i always assume)

Cry for 2 hours during those blocks of time.
Hmmm...this has sparked an idea. Maybe I can plan to go for a run, bike ride, hike or to the gym for a few hours on each day when we would have been playing. Ten more times than I would have exercised otherwise, and it will keep my mind off the rest of the crap.

Reaction Score
Read Shock the World or one of Jim Calhoun's books.

Reaction Score
Right now i'm watching Temple vs VCU on CBS. Temple is actually playing very well and their crowd is jacked. They will be a very good conference mate for us. A good March would be Memphis, Temple and Cincy making the sweet 16 and the Boneyard ending its arrogant bitch fest toward the new league.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've been thinking about this for a while now. I think that we should just all agree to watch the same classic UConn BE tournament game and then watch them. For the BE I'd take the 2011 run. A lot of games, great memories, what's not to like. For the NCAA I'd start with Tate's Clemson game and work our way forward with Duke/UConn 2004 for the Semis and 1999 for the finals. Anyone in?

Reaction Score
Right now i'm watching Temple vs VCU on CBS. Temple is actually playing very well and their crowd is jacked. They will be a very good conference mate for us. A good March would be Memphis, Temple and Cincy making the sweet 16 and the Boneyard ending its arrogant bitch fest toward the new league.

Yep....GO Owls!!!!!

I thought Temple was going to get run out of the gym when theyw ere down 13 in the first half, but getting it down to 5 at the half was big. Solid 2nd half.

Have to get used to rooting for Memphis and Temple now. Thank God Calipari is no longer at Memphis. Makes this easier.

Reaction Score
I'll probably be watching some of the tourney anyway rooting for all our former conference foes to go down in flames. Still need my dose of March basketball.

Reaction Score
I enjoy rooting against teams I don't like, but I'm thinking about this as a great recruiting opportunity for the staff. That and trying to keep Bazz, Boat and Daniels around for a FF run next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom