What side of the rivalry are you on- Boston/New York | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What side of the rivalry are you on- Boston/New York

Reaction Score
Personally I fall on the NY side (though no strong feelings towards NBA/NHL). Yankees and Giants

I have a lot of friends who straddle the line- mostly Giants and Boston for other sports

There are tons of these people. I’m one. Had easily a half dozen friends at UConn that were the same. Reason being that in our parents’ time, the Patriots were a bad franchise playing in a minor league.

Reaction Score
Sox - listened to games on the radio at night when I was young
Whalers - Therefore, I still hate the Bruins and Rangers.
Pats - Father was a giants fan, but my first NFL game was at Schaffer stadium
UCONN BB - Not really a big NBA fan - Tried to get myself excited for Celtics, but can, so I just following as many UConn Alum as possible.

Reaction Score
For me it is Boston Red Sox, New England Patriots and Boston Celtics. I hate NY sport teams but funny thing I love NYC and don't care for Boston as a city. LOL! NYC is such an unique city that I love going there and always have fun.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Holy dysfunctional Batman
Can’t really argue with that. As I get on in years I’m starting to reflect that my formative years sports team choices bear a great share of my later mental disquiet. Anyway that ship has sailed at this point.

Reaction Score
Stamford
Greenwich too, basically SW Fairfield country.

Grew up in Greenwich. No Boston fans I grew up with, aside from people w Boston connections…most friends are Mets fans but I’m a Yankees/Rangers/Giants/Knicks guy in terms of pro sports.

Mom’s family is from Stamford, Bridgeport and Bensonhurst BK…were Dodgers fans before the move to LA and my mom adopted the Yankees soon after.

Dad from PA and not a sports guy, so all NY teams for me. Much older sisters both went to UConn, so that made being a UConn fan easy.

Reaction Score
Lol I’m exactly the opposite. Love the sox and despise Boston, I really hate that city, and NYC is part of my soul. In fact I’m typing this from a bench break at MoMA right now
:) This rivalry has every angle covered for sure. Don’t feel safe in NYC and way too many people like Calcutta while I love the Euro feel of Boston and smaller town feel. Love the architecture and neighborhoods and easy to navigate.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’m a Yankees/Rangers/Giants/Knicks guy in terms of pro sports.
That's what I consider a traditional, conservative rooting interest. Always thought you could break down society into groups who rooted for either those four, or for Mets/Jets/Nets/Islanders. Anyone who mixed teams between the two could not be trusted to make important decisions :D
Mom’s family is from Stamford, Bridgeport and Bensonhurst BK…were Dodgers fans before the move to LA and my mom adopted the Yankees soon after.
My mom was a Dodgers fan, dad was a Giants fan. Both from Stamford and both
:) This rivalry has every angle covered for sure. Don’t feel safe in NYC and way too many people like Calcutta while I love the Euro feel of Boston and smaller town feel. Love the architecture and neighborhoods and easy to navigate.
I grew up 45 minutes from Shea, worked in the Bronx and drove a panel truck in NYC for awhile during early Koch years when the place was a mess. Later lived in Quincy. I don't understand how anyone could "hate" either city, except for the traffic. I will say that Boston smelled less like piss.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I didn't want to interrupt the conversation, but I felt the need to speak for the small group of posters who couldn't care less about Boston or New York sports of any kind.

Carry on.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yankees/Celtics/Patriots/Whalers

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Born and raised in Poughkeepsie, NY. First baseball game I saw in person was the original Yankee Stadium against the Cleveland Indians. Indians centerfielder was Jimmy Piersall. Seen games in all 3 versions of Yankee Stadium. I am a Yankees fan along with our 3 sons and 4 grandsons.

My wife was born and spent her first 13 years in Westerly, RI. Then they moved to CT. She is a Red Sox fan.

I am also a NY Giants fan. NBA and NHL are not on my radar at all.

But above all, we are UConn basketball fans. And that includes the 3 sons, two daughter-in-laws and the 4 grand sons!!!

Reaction Score
if you live in New Haven county, NY all day. but it’s still CT. a lot of my HS back in the late 80 early90’s liked different teams. everyone loved billy joel & neil diamond

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My son's first name is Reggie and his middle name is Jackson...so I guess that answer's that question.
But I always thought your handle meant that your name is "Madman N Sucks," so wouldn't that make your son "Reggie Jackson Sucks."
I'm confused.

Reaction Score
But I always thought your handle meant that your name is "Madman N Sucks," so wouldn't that make your son "Reggie Jackson Sucks."
I'm confused
I'm confused.
Par for the course for you lately. Your recent style confirms that.

Reaction Score
My father grew up in Brooklyn, NY as a Brooklyn Dodgers fan and hated the Yankees for obvious reasons. When he moved to CT, and the Dodgers had already moved to LA, he started rooting for the Red Sox. So I grew up a Sox fan and hated the Yankees. And now I live near Boston so both are easy to do around here.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Love all the stories! New England is special. It’s unique. What do you think of our Rivalry history? Let me know. Sox/Yanks

Reaction Score
Neither. My mom was a Yankees fan, my dad was a Red Sox fan, so I chose the Braves, who played every night on TBS and featured a pitching rotation of Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine and Steve Avery. Never looked back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom