What Is Your - ONE and Only - Favorite TV Show Theme Song ...and why? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Is Your - ONE and Only - Favorite TV Show Theme Song ...and why?

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Excluding "Maverick" which has already been posted, my other favorite is "The Virginian". I loved how the urgency of the brass section played against the whirling string sound which made me think of the wind.

And then there was James Drury on that white horse...(sigh)

Reaction Score
It is because of this tv show that I fell in love with Palominos. I have been lucky enough to own 4, a Quarter Horse, a Spotter Saddle Horse and 2 miniature horses.

And this was the second reason for my love of Palominos

Sorry, but I have 2 favorite tv show theme songs as stated above.

I loved the Mr. Ed show when Mr. Ed says: "yell, don't hit Wilbur!" The "other" Palomino horse in addition
to Roy Rogers' "TRIGGER".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
One of my all-time favorites was the theme song from writer James A. Michener's Adventures in Paradise which aired on ABC from 1959-1962 and starred Gardner McKay.

Another one of my favorites is the theme song from the James Bond movie...You only live twice (1964). :cool:
You Only Live Twice (Instrumental)

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Although in today’s world i don’t like the premise of the show, the erudite purveyor of frontier justice, i think this theme song is the best and easy to remember and shows how old I am.

I'm still a BIG HGWT fan. :cool: I still watch reruns on TV. I set two episodes to tape just this morning. I've watched every episode, I had the full set on DVD at one time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm still a BIG HGWT fan. :cool: I still watch reruns on TV. I set two episodes to tape just this morning. I've watched every episode, I had the full set on DVD at one time.
another good one

Carnac

Reaction Score
Have always loved this show and the music is perfect for setting the mood.

It should also be the UConn WBB theme song for 2022-2023.

Sometimes when I read posts from some of our more "Impassioned" Boneyarders, I wonder which one of us is in the Twilight Zone. :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
For me, it was the Cisco Kid - the first western TV show I can remember as a kid, and one great theme song..!

One of my father's favorite TV westerns. Cisco and Pancho visited our house every week. I got a chance to meet Leo Carrillo at "Olvera Street" in downtown Los Angeles in the '50s. I remember he was very nice to us, and he had his TV horse there greeting the visitors as well.

Reaction Score
I was literally typing my intro to this exact clip when you posted.
Iconic piece of music that I didn't fully appreciate until I learned to play the whole overture in HS band.
The tinny sound from the TV show doesn't do it justice.
Close coincidence, but you have been a Boneyard member for 5 more days than I have been. Lucky number?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Showing my age here...

For me it's the theme from "Highway Patrol" (1955-1959). It reminds me of Friday nights at home with my Mom and Dad.
I remember that series well. 2150 to headquarters. :)The California Highway Patrol was used as a model for that show. A retired CHP commander was the show's consultant. An interesting note about Broderick Crawford. He had so many DUI convictions, he was not allowed to drive on public streets or highways due to his driver's license being suspended. The only time he drove a car during this time was during the show's filming. :confused:

On “Highway Patrol,” you can’t beat Broderick Crawford wearing his ever-present fedora and barking “21-50 to headquarters!” in his rapid-fire, no-frills delivery.

“Highway Patrol” aired in syndication from 1955-1959, with the show’s producers and crew having to deal with Crawford’s heavy drinking. Ironically, many of the scenes featured him driving his police car; in reality, some of those scenes had to be shot on back roads because Crawford’s driver’s license was suspended for drunk driving. [Link]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Staying with classical music...

I was literally typing my intro to this exact clip when you posted.
Iconic piece of music that I didn't fully appreciate until I learned to play the whole overture in HS band.
The tinny sound from the TV show doesn't do it justice.
I'd have to go with this one, too, as my most memorable... it could well be the most famous piece of music to ever serve as a TV show theme, too.

How about in the credits that neither Rossini nor the mythical William Tell are even mentioned... LOL!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom