what is napier saying about ollie's contract? | The Boneyard

what is napier saying about ollie's contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Got this from duffy blog...is he saying ollie may not get the job either way? I am sure fishy will point out reading comprehension issues in ct, but what is napier hinting at....?

” Warde, our AD, we don’t know what he’s doing. After Michigan State game, I felt like he was going to get his (contract). Sometimes it doesn’t seem that way. I kind of came to terms with no matter what we do, it’s not going to be in our hands. We can win as many games as we want. I still don’t believe it’s going to be in our hands where (Manuel) is going to give him the job. Hopefully we keep on winning and keep being great student-athletes off the court so he can see that coach Ollie is just not about basketball. He’s about you being a man and maturing.”

And, of course, Ollie addressed the issue as wel

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
No. He's just saying it doesn't matter win or lose. The record is not the deciding factor. It's how they play the game. How they do in school. How they handle themselves off the court. Etc.

Reaction Score
Without having a benchmark placed by the AD, WM is open to criticism from everyone on how he's monitoring the coaching situation. The fit, so far, has been perfect. I don't feel like the program is in the readjustment phase that normally happens when changing a head coach. Aside from the stools during timeouts, which bothers me as well, I haven't seen many changes from the style of ball we've been accustomed to over the past two and a half decades. The team felt as though they had the opportunity and KO was a posthumous part of the scene. Like most of us, they are sitting on the cross campus Warde Shuttle waiting to see where he opens the doors next.

Reaction Score
And I sit here in utter amazement as nothing happens with KO contract. Surely WM must know what is going on all around him everywhere from the yard to SNY where they constantly talk about this and everybody saying get it done. KO is the way to go. Does Warde live in a freaking vacuum or something. It's like the cliff you just want to say what the duckk are these idiots doing same with Warde what the duckk are you thinking. I am so fed up and we are in dire need of some good news ASAP.

Reaction Score
Got this from duffy blog...is he saying ollie may not get the job either way? I am sure fishy will point out reading comprehension issues in ct, but what is napier hinting at....?

” Warde, our AD, we don’t know what he’s doing. After Michigan State game, I felt like he was going to get his (contract). Sometimes it doesn’t seem that way. I kind of came to terms with no matter what we do, it’s not going to be in our hands. We can win as many games as we want. I still don’t believe it’s going to be in our hands where (Manuel) is going to give him the job. Hopefully we keep on winning and keep being great student-athletes off the court so he can see that coach Ollie is just not about basketball. He’s about you being a man and maturing.”

And, of course, Ollie addressed the issue as wel

Read this in comparison to Duffy's view. Same conversation.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-uconn-men-advance-1221-20121220,0,7468691.story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom