What I'm Looking For Tonight | The Boneyard

What I'm Looking For Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After viewing the OSU game I noticed some things I hope will continue.
1. Mo made a true pull up jumper, not just any jumper, but a Bria jumper. She said herself that she's been working on that. I'd love to see more of that, so exciting.
2. Breanna's jumper was different also. There were several shots that she just created with two or three quick steps to the side. You may not have seen it as any different from usual, but to me it seemed different, a couple of steps to a small opening and then BANG, lights out!
3. There has been much discussion here about Gabby needing to develop an outside shot. If she does that might be nice. But to me she fits in just fine the way she played. Her defense, the steals, the fast breaks she created, the rebounds really sets up our running game. I'd like to see her foul a little less.
I'm psyched, nobody will be able to stay with our starting five.

Reaction Score
Mo had a pull up jumper last year. She just doesn't use it much, and why should she when she can hit from three 50% of the time, or just tuck the ball away and lay it in before the defense even realizes what's happening.

Reaction Score
That pull-up J is going to save Mo wear 'n' tear and splinters if she can become consistent with it.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
I think a pull up jumper is just another weapon in her arsenal. It also makes the defense guard her a little more closely, which opens up driving lanes for others and of course if you get to close to Mo she may just decide to go around you to the basket. I think it makes her a more complete player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, Mo hit at least one pull-up jumper last game. She said she worked on it in the off-season. She has a complete arsenal.

Stewie also faked the 3-pointer and took 1-2 dribbles in and to the side before taking a jumper. She hit at least a couple of them. She's a match-up nightmare.

What I'm expecting (and hoping) to see tonight: A healthy and more confident Saniya providing good minutes, making some nice passes, getting a couple of steals, and hitting some buckets. A healthy Lou showing more, hitting from distance, posting up a little, and using her length to be disruptive on defense. I think both will be better than at OSU.

Other things to look for: Moriah dominating the game with her speed and quickness, Stewie dominating the game with her length and versatility, and Gabby amazing everyone with her talents.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I'll be looking tonight to see if Saniya is again healthy and getting more minutes to sub for either Mo or Kia. She will be needed more this year to provide some depth at guard. I'm pulling for her.

Of course Saniya is first off the bench to spell a guard, but I'd be interested to see if Lou gets to bring the ball up, too. She really needs to get in a groove asap. Gotta play her . . .

Reaction Score
After watching South Carolina struggle with Ohio St and UCLA and watching ole Rocky Top
win two squeakers over Penn St and Syracuse, I would think we are way ahead of the curve
at this point in the season. How much better are we going to be when we get Chong, Butler
and Boykin in the mix?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Looking towards tonight - let's see if Moriah meets her own goal of cutting down on turnovers. She had four against tOSU.

Looking for Gabby to be more disruptive with her defense and rebounding. I think she gets another double - double tonight.

Looking for Sinaya to get more minutes and show she can run the show.

Looking for Lou and Napheesa to continue to develop their games.

It will be interesting to see how Geno and company defend KState's 6' 5" center. Would not be surprised if we start in a 3 - 2 zone to harrass and disrupt K-State's guards.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Of course Saniya is first off the bench to spell a guard, but I'd be interested to see if Lou gets to bring the ball up, too. She really needs to get in a groove asap. Gotta play her . . .
I read a nice article about Chong today in the newspaper. Geno, did say, that she will be the first guard off the bench. Some of her fellow players are trying to convince her to be more outspoken and really take charge when she comes into the game. She said she feels really good now, and is ready to expand her game. It will be interesting to see what happens when she comes in.

Reaction Score
I read a nice article about Chong today in the newspaper. Geno, did say, that she will be the first guard off the bench. Some of her fellow players are trying to convince her to be more outspoken and really take charge when she comes into the game. She said she feels really good now, and is ready to expand her game. It will be interesting to see what happens when she comes in.
I hope Boykin can play tonight ~~~~

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
3. There has been much discussion here about Gabby needing to develop an outside shot. If she does that might be nice. But to me she fits in just fine the way she played. Her defense, the steals, the fast breaks she created, the rebounds really sets up our running game. I'd like to see her foul a little less.
Huh? She only had 2. Same as Jefferson. Stewart had 4.

HGN

Reaction Score
I hope Boykin can play tonight ~~~~
Kaizen, I don't believe there is any chance of Boykin playing tonight. At least according to Geno. Maybe next game , but tonight I think she will be a spectator.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think a pull up jumper is just another weapon in her arsenal. It also makes the defense guard her a little more closely, which opens up driving lanes for others and of course if you get to close to Mo she may just decide to go around you to the basket. I think it makes her a more complete player.
And it will serve her well at the next level. Quite the complete player, she is.

Reaction Score
Looking towards tonight - let's see if Moriah meets her own goal of cutting down on turnovers. She had four against tOSU.

Looking for Gabby to be more disruptive with her defense and rebounding. I think she gets another double - double tonight.

Looking for Sinaya to get more minutes and show she can run the show.

Looking for Lou and Napheesa to continue to develop their games.

It will be interesting to see how Geno and company defend KState's 6' 5" center. Would not be surprised if we start in a 3 - 2 zone to harrass and disrupt K-State's guards.

K State's center, Breanna Lewis, is more of a finesse center rather than the physical type. I don't think we will have to zone, though we may at times.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Moriah / Kia - No turnovers
Lou - Find that 3 point shot.
Everyone - No injuries.

Reaction Score
Katie Lou needs to learn, as did Maya and KML, to move without the ball and her three-point shots will start dropping. She made an excellent cut for a layup against Ohio St. The more she moves the more opportunities she will have to shoot. Getting to the free throw line could help her find her shot. Also, at 6'3" she can post up the players guarding her, who will be at least 3" shorter.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Katie Lou needs to learn, as did Maya and KML, to move without the ball and her three-point shots will start dropping. She made an excellent cut for a layup against Ohio St. The more she moves the more opportunities she will have to shoot. Getting to the free throw line could help her find her shot. Also, at 6'3" she can post up the players guarding her, who will be at least 3" shorter.
Lou had 2 nice cuts to the hoop. She scored on one. Moriah overthrew her on the other, which really irked Mo.

I agree about moving around and posting up. Maya was explosive, and K was strong, but Lou is tall. Of course Lou needs to get stronger--and she will--but she's taller than pretty much anyone who will be guarding her this season.

In one of these games, Lou will hit some threes, score from elsewhere, and make us all smile, while thinking, "The #1 recruit? Yes, now I see why!"

Reaction Score
Chong becomes a solid player. Hit couples 3 and several assists.

Reaction Score
Huh? She only had 2. Same as Jefferson. Stewart had 4.
Yes, but those two came early and caused her to leave the game. And I thought she had a few too many careless fouls last year.

Reaction Score
Hi Sonny - can feel your enthusiasm. Good thread. Will put some whipped cream in the sundae of your closing thought -- that nobody can stay with our starting five: if anybody can, they'll have an even tougher time staying with our top thirteen :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, but those two came early and caused her to leave the game. And I thought she had a few too many careless fouls last year.
But she didn't foul again the rest of the game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For KLS first shot attempt be a layup & not a 3Pt attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom