What if Warde Manuel fires P and hires | The Boneyard

What if Warde Manuel fires P and hires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Turner Gill? I was never impressed with Gill. He had some nice players at Buffalo, Drew Willy (one of my favorite players that wanted to come to UConn but was never offered) James Starks, Naaman Roosevelt. His tenure at Kansas was worse than P's here and is more indicative of his coaching abilities I think. Is there an outside chance that Warde will go where he is comfortable? I sure hope not.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I remember when Lew (at Kansas) canned Mangino and most pundits stated that his rtrying to bring in Edsall (because he hired him at UConn) was a foregone conclusion (RE was never interviewed, in fact, it was never close enough for his agent to claim there was any interest).

Just because person A hired person B at some point in the past doesn't mean that person A will always look to bring person B when there is an opening (even if there was some success in the past).

Reaction Score
FfldCntyFan, I generally agree with your analysis, but in this case, I really have to believe that Turner Gill for a variety of reasons would at a minimum get an interview and receive some real interest from Ward Manual…

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If Gill hadn't gone to Kansas I would argue that it would be his job to lose. That he failed (and failed miserably) at KU, I don't believe Manuel would seriously consider him even if he did grant him a courtesy interview (of course I could easily be wrong).

Reaction Score
Gill was a horrendous hire at kansas. You go from recruiting the northeast to recruiting the west/Midwest. Plus Kansas is very little fish big pond.

Reaction Score
Gill was a horrendous hire at kansas. You go from recruiting the northeast to recruiting the west/Midwest. Plus Kansas is very little fish big pond.

He was ony @ UB for 3 years... All previous history was in the Midwest?

Reaction Score
what about Bill Parcells, screw bowls he will have us in the Super Bowl in three years

No. He is old. Get Mike Mart and the greatest show on turf. We know Touchdownhusky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom