What If Boat Declared Last Year | The Boneyard

What If Boat Declared Last Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sitting here waiting for the game to start and was wondering what shape we would be in if Boat declared for the draft last year. Actually we all know what shape we would be in and it isn't pretty. How did we get in this situation where we don't have a reliable second ball handler this year and if Boat did declare did we have any other recruiting options to replace him ?

Did the staff believe TSam or Rodney could actually handle this responsibility whether it was as a second ball handler or as the starting PG ? Or was there some other option I don't know about and when Boat decided to stay we passed on a backup PG ? I find it unsettling that we have no secondary ball handler this year especially, with a coaching staff full of former PG's, but very scary if Boat did declare and all we had was TSam and Rodney. Not sure how the number of scollies play into this, but it's puzzling how we got into this mess. Plus knowing that next year we have to rely on a Freshman without any experienced PG to back him up.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hugo said:
I'm sitting here waiting for the game to start and was wondering what shape we would be in if Boat declared for the draft last year. Actually we all know what shape we would be in and it isn't pretty. How did we get in this situation where we don't have a reliable second ball handler this year and if Boat did declare did we have any other recruiting options to replace him ? Did the staff believe TSam or Rodney could actually handle this responsibility whether it was as a second ball handler or as the starting PG ? Or was there some other option I don't know about and when Boat decided to stay we passed on a backup PG ? I find it unsettling that we have no secondary ball handler this year especially, with a coaching staff full of former PG's, but very scary if Boat did declare and all we had was TSam and Rodney. Not sure how the number of scollies play into this, but it's puzzling how we got into this mess. Plus knowing that next year we have to rely on a Freshman without any experienced PG to back him up.

We'd be 5-24 at best.

Reaction Score
Boatright would be playing overseas and we would be like august_west said, 5-24

Reaction Score
we struck out on every one of our pg targets for '14: chiozza, francis(sg?), perkins, snider, lyles, joseph, mclaughlin, terrell, and maybe some more i can't remember

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What if Sales and Okafor had triplets and Gordon and Bird had twins in the same month?

All 5 were male and made up a single recruting class.

That would have been pretty cool.

Reaction Score
The real questions to ask is what would be like with Deandre Daniels. I think we would be 17-25

Reaction Score
Any scenario that has Samuel or Calhoun playing at all next year is a scary thought. Need to recruit over these kids. Are not cut out for this level of basketball

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Any scenario that has Samuel or Calhoun playing at all next year is a scary thought. Need to recruit over these kids. Are not cut out for this level of basketball

I'm not scared by them coming off the bench. That last sentence is a gross overstatement.

Reaction Score
I'm not scared by them coming off the bench. That last sentence is a gross overstatement.
One has not hit a three point field goal is his career the other is a plant who stands on the perimeter and can not dribble drive or pass. You are out of your mind if you are happy with them coming off the bench.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
One has not hit a three point field goal is his career the other is a plant who stands on the perimeter and can not dribble drive or pass. You are out of your mind if you are happy with them coming off the bench.

Not every bench player needs to be a 3-point marksman. I disagree with your assessment of Omar. I'll happily be called out of my mind if I don't think anyone on this team needs to be kicked off because of their play.

Reaction Score
The real questions to ask is what would be like with Deandre Daniels. I think we would be 17-25

I'm not sure you know what those numbers mean.

It's possible that without Boat they'd be winless. That sounds extreme but they were taken to the brink by some pretty horrible teams this year. They would have certainly lost those early exhibitions to Southern or whoever they played.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure you know what those numbers mean.

It's possible that without Boat they'd be winless. That sounds extreme but they were taken to the brink by some pretty horrible teams this year. They would have certainly lost those early exhibitions to Southern or whoever they played.

.....I'm talking about ranking not record

Reaction Score
Three realistic possibilities:

1. Blaming Ollie and Warde.

2. About 5-7 fewer wins, both losses against East Carolina, and screaming at the top of our lungs, that we stink

3. A thread on here saying "Bring JC out of retirement"

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

2. About 5-7 fewer wins, both losses against East Carolina, and screaming at the top of our lungs, that we stink

Number 3 happened a month or so ago...

Reaction Score
There was playing time to be had so the recruiting failure is due to the conference, the assistant coaches, the peeling Gampel ceiling, the snow, the HC? Which one as it makes no sense to me coming off a National Championship with 4 players leaving we can't convince players to sign up to play here. We need to reload badly and maybe Ollie made a bad decision on C Jr but he needs to get this figured out ASAP.

Reaction Score
Number 3 happened a month or so ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog