WHAT I BELIEVE ABOUT BOB DIACO | Page 5 | The Boneyard

WHAT I BELIEVE ABOUT BOB DIACO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe he has taken the optimism and enthusiasm of TJ Wiest and turned the clock backwards. Do not give 2 s about smoothies and nutrition. Eye test, backwards.
He is Peter Pan, that is what I believe.

Facinating! So we have people on this blog who don't give a rat's ars about Nutrition, Personal Leadership, Spirituality, Accountability, Conditioning, Character, Academics, brotherly love or team chemistry but you just want to win!

Facinating, just facinating! Instant winning, that's what we want. Kind of like Dorthothy clicking her heals three times in the Wisard of Oz! Just say three times, there is nothing like winning! There is nothing like winning. Nothing like winning!

Reaction Score
Facinating! So we have people on this blog who don't give a rat's ars about Nutrition, Personal Leadership, Spirituality, Accountability, Conditioning, Character, Academics, brotherly love or team chemistry but you just want to win!

Facinating, just facinating! Instant winning, that's what we want. Kind of like Dorthothy clicking her heals three times in the Wisard of Oz! Just say three times, there is nothing like winning! There is nothing like winning. Nothing like winning!

I personally hope Diaco release a book on his nutrition program. I can only hope to look half as good as that when I reach his age. :)

All kidding aside, I'm with you and think that Diaco has nowhere to go, but up from here. I think next year at the bare minimum he's taking us bowling.

Reaction Score
I personally hope Diaco release a book on his nutrition program. I can only hope to look half as good as that when I reach his age. :)

All kidding aside, I'm with you and think that Diaco has nowhere to go, but up from here. I think next year at the bare minimum he's taking us bowling.

Talking about love, God, health, brotherhood, family, etc. seems foolish to so many but that in actuality this is who Bob Diaco is. He is a truthful person and either you like him or you don't. This clip from Friday night lights epitomizes the kind of Leader Bob Diaco is.

Reaction Score
Talking about love, God, health, brotherhood, family, etc. seems foolish to so many but that in actuality this is who Bob Diaco is. He is a truthful person and either you like him or you don't. This clip from Friday night lights epitomizes the kind of Leader Bob Diaco is.

We may not see great results next year, but I do think we'll look much better. Enough so, that like I said we'll be going bowling and in 2016 the fan base will be really excited. I may be an optimist though cuz we could have went 0-12 this year and I'd still be excited for the spring game and opening day next August. Hopefully, by next summer I'll finally be able to work only one job and get back to getting season tickets again. I miss being at the Rent.

Reaction Score
I would rather have players from non football states than a player like Jamesis Winston, who is a thug. I would rather have a QB who loses to a winless team than a QB who steals seafood from Big Y. (Winston took seafood from Publix).
How about kids that get special/free deals from a shoe store? I think Calhoun's first championship team had some kids who had issues like that. Or how about kids that misuse phone cards? Or kids that drink or smoke pot? Or participated in the theft of laptops from other students? Or is it a different set of ideals for FB in your mind?

NOTE - I am not saying anything about the kids from the BB teams. These were publicized incidents at the time and I'm not sure a lot of Uconn fans really saw them as anything more than kids making stupid mistakes. It is just interesting to me that when they are Uconn players, they are just kids who make bad choices and who will grow up and learn from the mistake. And when they are from other schools, they are thugs.

Reaction Score
all you wrote above is true about the basketball team, except for stealing Tne laptops ,too convoluted to explain. The basketball players hear about their bad choices up close and personal at games.
When football players make bad choices it is hard to know what the bad choices were because many times they are just dismissed from team.

I can't recall any player being allegedlyacused of rape,yelling obscene remarks inthe student co op,and I am sure there are many more unpublished incidents.

It was a stupid question asked of Diaco about which quarterback he preferred and I knew he wouldn't say Winston.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
* The 2* players who should be rated higher are kids who come from football states, like Georgia, Florida, California, Texas, etc... These kids who are 2* players in these football states would most likely be 3 or 4 * players in states like CT, NY, MA, etc... they're talented 2 * kids. You can look at Darius Butler as an example. .

Sorry, that's completely backwards. 1000% wrong.

2* kids from places like Florida have been seen (usually) playing against higher-rated talent, and didn't measure up. Revis was a 3* Butler's year, Ted Ginn a 5* - remember - you're ranking relatively.

2* kids from non-football states probably haven't been seen at all, or offered highly, so they get filler in the star rankings. We've had so many of these kids (Kendall Reyes is a great example, a 2* from New Hampshire), that I'm amazed anyone could think this way...

Reaction Score
If you don't buy into it, that's your prerogative. He inherited a mess and it will take more than one year for his changes to take effect. I do expect improvement next year. I would've loved to see a few more wins but whether it was 2 or 4 or 5 wasn't going to make a difference anyway.

The "mess" he inherited won 5 games and beat Rutgers (now in the Big 10 and playing in a bowl game) and Memphis (now the conference co-champ). How did he invest in the future - by playing Whitmer at QB instead of Boyle?

Reaction Score
Sorry, that's completely backwards. 1000% wrong.

2* kids from places like Florida have been seen (usually) playing against higher-rated talent, and didn't measure up. Revis was a 3* Butler's year, Ted Ginn a 5* - remember - you're ranking relatively.

2* kids from non-football states probably haven't been seen at all, or offered highly, so they get filler in the star rankings. We've had so many of these kids (Kendall Reyes is a great example, a 2* from New Hampshire), that I'm amazed anyone could think this way...

There's 60 to 80 student athletes in a team, there's 120 FBS teams. Players like Reyes ( former 2 * from NH ) are rare.

I don't understand your analogy with Revis and Ginn, Revis was a ranked 3 * player and Ginn was a 5 * player, who both were beasts in college, so what's your point?

All I am saying is that I would like to see more 3 * players than 2 * players being recruited, that's all. We have four 3 * players and sixteen 2 * players for 2015. I would like to see that turned around ratio turned around.

Reaction Score
The "mess" he inherited won 5 games and beat Rutgers (now in the Big 10 and playing in a bowl game) and Memphis (now the conference co-champ). How did he invest in the future - by playing Whitmer at QB instead of Boyle?

I can appreciate your frustration. But it's not that simple. I agree, on the surface it appears to be a contradiction, however the entire situation was a constant, very fluid balancing act that has more complexity than a simple black and white answer. Let me throw out some of the variables that make it more difficult to give one answer:

1. Remember, Diaco did make commitments to Whitmer to lure him back - Above all Diaco proved to the players and future recruits that he could be trusted. Her reached out to Whitmer and told him the team needed him. He may have offered
some promises to reel him back. Not sure of that but I imagine that may have been the case. Whitmer got shafted last year and Diaco wanted to give him the shot once Casey went down.
2. It was reported that Boyle had some type of lower leg injury, thus limiting his play. There were games he wasn't 100%
3. Up until the Army game UCONN was still bowl possible and it's evident that Whitmer gave us a better chance than Boyle.
4. Early in the year when O line play was way worse, Whitmer took Boyle's beating
5. Diaco may be giving the fans a glimpse of Boyle's lack of "intangibles" and "tangibles" because unless he improves a lot,
Boyle will not start next year.
6. Once it was determined that UCONN was out of the tournament, Boyle got the start to gain valuable experience.

There may be more and again, in the interest of Boyle gaining more valuable playing time, in retrospect, the simple answer is he should have started and played the majority in all the games. The problem is, life is just not that simple. There are always variables.

Reaction Score
I would rather have players from non football states than a player like Jamesis Winston, who is a thug. I would rather have a QB who loses to a winless team than a QB who steals seafood from Big Y. (Winston took seafood from Publix).
How do you know Winston is a thug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22