What have you done to appease the mojo gods? | The Boneyard

What have you done to appease the mojo gods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have:

Worn my Olliewood t shirt for all games.

Eaten at the same bar for last 3 games (the wife wants to throw a party for tomorrow, but I can't mess with what works)

Bet on a horse ridden by a jockey named Ray Allen Jr (no ). Before yesterday's game. He won and I had bet the farm on him. We couldn't lose!

Attachments

• image-1561241726.jpg
    image-1561241726.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 54
Reaction Score
Haven't shaved since Selection Sunday... Really looking forward to doing that after the game tomorrow. Wore a UCONN shirt (not the same one) each game. The Mojo is strong!

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I have:

Eaten at the same bar for last 3 games (the wife wants to throw a party for tomorrow, but I can't mess with what works)

Bet on a horse ridden by a jockey named Ray Allen Jr (no ). Before yesterday's game. He won and I had bet the farm on him. We couldn't lose!

Hard not to notice that while little Ray won the race, a horse named Hobbs placed. The Mojo is strong.

Reaction Score
No shave
Worn same retro sweatshirt

Yesterday I was walking on eggshells all day before the game. Everything I did I felt like I had to ask Senhor for permission first.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Worn my uconn tee each game, play & listen to soundtracks in one ear while listening to the broadcasts with the other ear during the game, bought & drank Rolling Rock, believed & kept faith, scream, curse at refs & opposing players

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
- Sacrificed my left nut to The Great Senhor;

- Thought about running somewhere for the first time in years;

- Wore same UCONN shirt for all games (no wash);

- Read countless articles explaining how and why we will lose;

- Became a sports journalist overnight and wrote an article explaining how and why we will lose.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've worn my long sleeve Hi5tory shirt for all games. I also have checked in on the boneyard shortly before the game begins, posted only if we had a lead at the first timeout and ~ the 12:00 minute mark logged off until after the game was over.

One last item, a carryover from 2011; shortly before tipoff I stand and pound my chest (on the left side with my right fist) 12, 15, 18+ times, however many are necessary until I feel the mojo is properly flowing. On the last item, my son thought I was crazy three years ago when he first noticed (before the SDSU game) but by the national semifinal (Kentucky) game he asked when I was going to start doing that from nearly a half hour before tipoff.

Reaction Score
This team is soft, heartless, No DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and gutless

Huskies 68
Cats 61

Reaction Score
I LOVE the glasses. Thank you, I'm relevant.

Ha Ha !!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Mojo only get's you to this place, the last mile is up to you. KO and the boys will get it done and they'll have no one to thank but themselves.

Reaction Score
No shaving on or day before game days.

Wearing the same "UConn Huskies 15" T-shirt and under that for additional mojo a sleeveless T that has some generic hoops image on it. Wore it for games all season & only washed it after a loss.
At half time of each tourney game (incl AAC) - I keep the shirts on, but I switch from sweatpants to jeans and light hiking boots w/ heavy socks.
Immediately after the games, shirts and jeans go out and hang on the sunporch to "air out".
(This reads like a journal entry from an obsessive-complusive!)

Today - I am 0% Italian, but have eaten ravioli for lunch. Dinner was left over pizza.
And I made lasagna for tomorrow - the mojo reasoning being this is the Squid being Italian.

Bit of a reach, but hey, it's the MOJO!

Reaction Score
Same UConn jacket, watched with most of the same people although a change of venue was scary yesterday but worked…..drank heavily, stood the whole game no matter where I was………what else do I need to do to make this fn thing happen BY brethren?

Reaction Score
I have:

Refrained from texting anything derogatory about UConn's play during the games except for 'we're doomed' just prior to the start. I will drink as many Rolling Rocks tomorrow night as possible.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
During the 2011 Big East and NCAA tournament run, I made sure to listen to the same song - Written in the Stars - before every game. Of course, they won every time.

This time around (2014), I listen to the songs "I Like To Win" and "Battle Scars" before each game and the winning continues.

I ate japanese for dinner before the 1999 championship game, 2004 championship game, 2011 championship game, and will do so again tomorrow.

Let's get #4 !

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I recorded the game last night even tho I was home and watched it at 9:20 because I recorded the regional semifinal game due to work and watched it at 9:20.

No contact with the outside world for 3 hours! The anticipation almost killed me!

It was obviously worth it!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
No shave
Worn same retro sweatshirt

Yesterday I was walking on eggshells all day before the game. Everything I did I felt like I had to ask Senhor for permission first.
Omg me too!

I had my phone off and then turned it on because I was scared that it would disturb the MOJO because my phone was on during the regional semifinal.

I said to my wife IF YOU THINK IT AFFECTS THE MOJO IT WILL AFFECT THE MOJO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom