What elite WCBB player would ever want to play for Coach P? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What elite WCBB player would ever want to play for Coach P?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JPM is getting blasted for the post game comments. Go on TheDevilsDen and read the postings. Many of our comments above are exactly what the Blue Devil fans are saying about her; not pleased with her at all. Can't see how she can survive with the way these fans feel about her style? It truly makes you appreciate what we have with our coaching staff and program.

Reaction Score
Yes I echo what others have said..... I almost never see her take the blame for bad play or a loss..... if only to protect her players.... it is always throw them under the bus..... so her hands are clean.... who would have thought the Dookies would be harkening back to the days of Gail G!!!!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Yes I echo what others have said..... I almost never see her take the blame for bad play or a loss..... if only to protect her players.... it is always throw them under the bus..... so her hands are clean.... who would have thought the Dookies would be harkening back to the days of Gail G!!!!
Yep, Bambi's lookin' better all the time...

Reaction Score
Ok

bus11.jpg

Poor Saniya...

oh, wait. This is about Duke, isn't it?

NVMD...

Reaction Score
Referring to Johnson as having "a lack of IQ" ? Are you kidding me ? In a public statement? ...if I were a trustee at Duke and read that, I would be pissed. The only dunce cap necessary is one for McCallie!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT:
"I wish they could walk home." -- McCallie, on her displeasure with Duke's performance.
"Eighteeen of the worst turnovers I've ever seen," Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie said. "Terrible."

How this any different than what PHS used to say?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
What I have never understood about Coach P (while she has been coaching @ Duke anyhow) is her reluctance to make in game adjustments. Even Geno makes in game adjustments when things aren't going as planned or the players aren't able to appropriately execute something. You sub, change defenses, script a few things on a few consecutive possessions that you know you do well. She just seems so reluctant to try any of that. I have seen her teams take a few drubbings over the years and she just doesn't seem like she knows how to adapt in games. She seems more like she is dictating on the sideline not coaching.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Duke Administration is listening and watching.............Tell me what player came to Duke under her coaching that became better? Why doesn't the press ask players about why your coach doesn't make adjustments during games?....Are you tired of hearing bad things from your coach?

Reaction Score
Would GG take the reins again if offered?

Thing is - I wouldn't expect an offer to be made. I get the feeling that Duke
doesn't care enough about Women's Hoops to want to get rid of a coach who
fields a ranked team every year, even though it doesn't seem that she's doing
as well as she should with the talent she recruits.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe the Duke Administration is listening and watching...Tell me what player came to Duke under her coaching that became better? Why doesn't the press ask players about why your coach doesn't make adjustments during games?....Are you tired of hearing bad things from your coach?

Tricia Liston improved dramatically.

Reaction Score
Compared to what?..........Trish was a self starter and she hussled her butt to make herself a very good player..........Coach P had very little input..........Has Elizabeth Williams improved much since her freshemen year?..........There are not many players who have gone onto the next level because they played for Coach P..........

Reaction Score
She has always rubbed me the wrong way. Going back to her Michigan State days, in the 2005 tournament, when she beat Stanford to go onto the Final Four, there was no credit given to the Cardinal at all. Not one word. It was all about how great her team is. It is understandable, of course. You'd expect that from the winning coach. You also expect some kind of mention about how well the other team played. There was little class shown. From that point on, while her team did end up beating Tennessee, I was glad they lost to Baylor.

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme's latest Bracketology has #14 Maine playing #3 Duke in Raleigh. That would be outstanding! Maine may not have the talent that Duke has, but Barron would dominate P when it comes to coaching. A loss to Maine would probably send P back to the looney bin.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme's latest Bracketology has #14 Maine playing #3 Duke in Raleigh. That would be outstanding! Maine may not have the talent that Duke has, but Barron would dominate P when it comes to coaching. A loss to Maine would probably send P back to the looney bin.

Hey, MaineJeff! Welcome! I've been following the Bear's revival and it's been great to see. Any sign of Mr. King, yet? :)

Reaction Score
Hey, MaineJeff! Welcome! I've been following the Bear's revival and it's been great to see. Any sign of Mr. King, yet? :)
Not yet....but you never know. Black Bear fans are very excited that they may have the opportunity to see Maine play for a conference championship on their home floor if they make it to that point. Could see 5K at the Cross Insurance Center for that one.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

MaineJeff - welcome and glad to see the Black Bears are back in the hunt! It would be awesome to see them play for the conference championship. I have some friends in Maine that would love to be there for that game!
Heck, I'd think about driving up from CT to see it myself.

Reaction Score
JPM is getting blasted for the post game comments. Go on TheDevilsDen and read the postings. Many of our comments above are exactly what the Blue Devil fans are saying about her; not pleased with her at all. Can't see how she can survive with the way these fans feel about her style? It truly makes you appreciate what we have with our coaching staff and program.
What's the link?

Reaction Score
Here's a comment, from deep down in that Devils Den "Under the Bus" thread, that I hadn't heard:

"...after tough losses, the coach sometimes forbids players to communicate with their families as punishment. After losing to UConn, players could not see family members after the game who had travelled to attend the game."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Tricia Liston improved dramatically.
Triad I disagree that Liston improved. I think she got comfortable as what she came in as and left the same. In the tournament loss she committed 3 offensive fould trying to be a secondardy ball handler after Jones got hurt. I see Greenwell having the same struggles this year and most significant Stevens who came in a very good ball handler has regressed because she is being used as an outlet receiver of the ball as opposed to being used to advanced the ball as a dribbler.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here's a comment, from deep down in that Devils Den "Under the Bus" thread, that I hadn't heard:

"...after tough losses, the coach sometimes forbids players to communicate with their families as punishment. After losing to UConn, players could not see family members after the game who had travelled to attend the game."
Ok so maybe the foundation is starting to crack and support for coach P is eroding. On the same website is a discussion about Isabella Alarie daughter of Mark Alarie-former Duke Blue. Alarie was the subject of a Boneyard thread this summer. Geno and some other Boneyarders saw Isabella Alarie play at USJN this summer and liked what they saw. She verballed to Princeton in December.

Mark Alarie quietly hoped his alma mater, Duke, would get involved considering he took Bella to the school’s basketball camp every summer as she grew up.
“But we haven’t even gotten a letter,” he said, not hiding his disappointment after a recent National Cathedral game.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-isabella-alarie-grows-out-of-fathers-shadow/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22