What do recruits really hear? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What do recruits really hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
More support of my point..."crucify whoever doesn't buy into our group think mentality...because you aren't a true UConn fan unless you conform to the norm". BY = Summitt 2.0
I haven't seen anyone crucified for their opinions other than the Tennessee fans you hammer whenever they talk about their team.

And please find me the post that said anyone wasn't a true Uconn fan.

What exactly is this "norm" you are talking about? There is lots of diversity of opinion on this board.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
oh-lawd2-11.jpg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Dude, is that all UConn is about and cares about...WBB? Really? I thought our beloved University was more than a WBB team...please prove me wrong? This recent discussion got started when I referenced ND recruiting mantra "A 40 year decision", and all you can talk about when discussing UConn is WBB. Please tell me you and many others on this board are a little deeper than that.
Um, so SC dude, you have some idea that Muffet is telling her women basketball recruits that ND has a 40-year aura and that is why you Skylar should come play for the Irish? Wow, as noted in many messages above, there are a lot of aspects to a college that can make it a great place to go to, but a WCBB recruit's decision rests on more tangible things than that when she's 62 she'll have the Gipper and Rudy beside her along with her cherished Irish mantra.

And no, I don't go deeply into mantras, but I do know that UConn players go deeply into a great system and deeply appreciate their education both in the classrooms and the court, and tend to be deeply successful afterward in many areas of endeavor.

Reaction Score
What exactly is this "norm" you are talking about? There is lots of diversity of opinion on this board.

DD, as I have explained, I despise LV fans for the very reason I see this forum trending to: Blantant cockiness. Instead of taking advantage of being at the pinnacle of WCB and being true embassadors for the game that needs a lot of help.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
DD, as I have explained, I despise LV fans for the very reason I see this forum trending to: Blantant cockiness. Instead of taking advantage of being at the pinnacle of WCB and being true embassadors for the game that needs a lot of help.
What a bunch of hooey.

Ambassadors of the game....lol. It's a friggin' message board, not the United Nations.

What are you expecting this board to do? You complain that folks here having this "group think mentality" and if you think differently you are "crucified", but you want to have everyone think like you.

So, what do you do to be an ambassador of the game? Do you wear a tuxedo while you are doing it?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
More support of my point..."crucify whoever doesn't buy into our group think mentality...because you aren't a true UConn fan unless you conform to the norm". BY = Summitt 2.0

LOl. You're so cute and thin skinned. A charmer full of wisdom and insight and a gentle touch on the keyboard. Sound and fury, fuzz ball, signifying nothing....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hey hypocrite, read this board and look in the mirror. How many behave and talk on this board toward UConn WBB is how ND conducts itself on a much larger scale about life in general. Overall, we are no better than the Summitteers during their glory years. Unfortunately, Geno won't be around forever, and inevitably we will have to sleep in the bed we made. My wish is that The Boneyard could be THE ambassador for WCB, appreciating all that is good about the game we love versus focusing on self-love...instead, we are The Summitt 2.0.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm sorry it took me so long to find this former bannee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom