What are the toughest games left on the schedule? | The Boneyard

What are the toughest games left on the schedule?

Reaction Score
Hosting South Carolina on Feb. 5 is an obvious answer for the most difficult game left on the schedule. If UConn makes it through the remaining gauntlet of their non-con schedule and takes care of business in the ever-improving Big East, this should be a 1 vs. 2 matchup.

After that I would say Notre Dame this Sunday might be the team's next biggest challenge (despite ND's loss to Maryland today). It's the second game in 3 days plus they have to travel. So either they have to fly out to Indiana late on Friday night immediately following the Providence game or their one day of break in between will be spent traveling to South Bend. While challenging, I still think the Huskies should prevail.

After those 2 games, I'd say @ Creighton on Dec. 28 will be a tough one as well. It'll be the first game following the holiday break so fingers-crossed there is no post-holiday illness outbreak like there was last year.

Reaction Score
Any game where they keep score, has the opportunity to be a blemish on one's record - so I'd say ALL of them!
And I'm quite certain that the team doesn't allow "take a game off because it's not supposed to be tough".

Reaction Score
Creighton is one of those “scramble to get every loose ball” teams. If we have an emotional low night, they can give us trouble. Villanova beat us last year on an injury day and red hot shooting day, they’re best all year. That can happen again, of course, but it will take some special circumstances even with Siegrist. Even Seton Hall can be a problem if the stars align against us.

For my money, we will not be seriously threatened by any of the BE teams. But several of them pose interesting learning experiences for us.

Morrow is a challenge, as is Siegrist, for example. Creighton has a brilliant team concept as does Marquette, not just one dominant star.

If Caroline were on Creighton she’d probably have to play center, and on Marquette she’d be the starting 4. These two teams have smart capable players who know their role really well. I’m especially impressed by Karlen and King on Marquette.

It’ll be good to play all these teams.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Don't sleep on the Terps Dec. 11 in College Park. The team will have a great game plan for UConn. If the Terps can hit their perimeter shots it will be an interesting game.
Only home team biases are allowed in this analysis @TerpWomenFan . ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Creighton is one of those “scramble to get every loose ball” teams. If we have an emotional low night, they can give us trouble. Villanova beat us last year on an injury day and red hot shooting day, they’re best all year. That can happen again, of course, but it will take some special circumstances even with Siegrist. Even Seton Hall can be a problem if the stars align against us.

For my money, we will not be seriously threatened by any of the BE teams. But several of them pose interesting learning experiences for us.

Morrow is a challenge, as is Siegrist, for example. Creighton has a brilliant team concept as does Marquette, not just one dominant star.

If Caroline were on Creighton she’d probably have to play center, and on Marquette she’d be the starting 4. These two teams have smart capable players who know their role really well. I’m especially impressed by Karlen and King on Marquette.

It’ll be good to play all these teams.

I worry more about the teams who distribute their scoring than those who have a singular star like Siegrist and Morrow. Make their life hard, it saps the confidence of the others

Reaction Score
I worry more about the teams who distribute their scoring than those who have a singular star like Siegrist and Morrow. Make their life hard, it saps the confidence of the others
… or, as in the case of Iowa, let Clark score 45 and defeat the team handily. It’s what the Celtics did each year to the Bulls in the early Jordan years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom