What a game Trevardo Williams played.... | The Boneyard

What a game Trevardo Williams played....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In one of our biggest game he showed why he is UConn's all time sack leader. Total dominance. I hope he is OK.

I can't remember a game where one player stood out so well, even better than Bama's big games. Wow, awesome job, thanks Trevardo!!
He was (is) awesome. It has been great to see his development each year-he is truly a FORCE out there with a great motor!

Reaction Score
The most frustrating part of the past two years is knowing that it is going to be extremely difficult to replace Trevardo, Sio, Blidi, and Dwayne Gratz. A defense with that many standout players deserves a better won/lost record than we've had the last two years. Those guys all made their presence felt yesterday, but yeah Trevardo was impressive, last year he single handedly overwhelmed RU's oline, and this year he abused UL's left tackle. Great game, hope he is okay.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The most frustrating part of the past two years is knowing that it is going to be extremely difficult to replace Trevardo, Sio, Blidi, and Dwayne Gratz. A defense with that many standout players deserves a better won/lost record than we've had the last two years. Those guys all made their presence felt yesterday, but yeah Trevardo was impressive, last year he single handedly overwhelmed RU's oline, and this year he abused UL's left tackle. Great game, hope he is okay.

Great thread. I think, to some extent, Trevardo has been taken for granted. He's been this school's best pass rusher by far throughout his career and his play yesterday was absolutely dominant.

Reaction Score
In one of our biggest game he showed why he is UConn's all time sack leader. Total dominance. I hope he is OK.

I can't remember a game where one player stood out so well, even better than Bama's big games. Wow, awesome job, thanks Trevardo!!

Amazing game by Trevardo. I really hope he is OK and can go next week.

Best individual performance I can remember is Sio Moore vs West Virginia 2 years ago. He was everywhere and did everything in that game. It was his coming out party...

Reaction Score
The knock on Edsall used to be that he couldn't keep big time CT players home. Trevardo's a big time player who stayed home. Not trying to start an Edsall thread - just want to acknowledge TW as a great player who stayed in state. Much appreciated.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The knock on Edsall used to be that he couldn't keep big time CT players home. Trevardo's a big time player who stayed home. Not trying to start an Edsall thread - just want to acknowledge TW as a great player who stayed in state. Much appreciated.

I think one of the problems for TW getting recruited by other teams is that they didn't know where to put him. A speedster guy who was a little on the small side for defensive end, but wasn't exactly a prototypical LB. Give credit to Edsall for seeing the potential, and give a GREAT deal of credit to TW for putting on muscle and really becoming a fantastic DE...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
God looking at all the seniors leaving including him gotta wonder how bad next season might be?

Reaction Score
New players step up each year. I'm most worried about the corners. Programs like ours don't stock the shelves with 6 foot plus lockdown corners.

Dude. Ain't that the truth. When we lost Jasper, Blidi and Gatz became the tandem in the backfield and we had some real growing pains. Although they played like vets against Notre Dame.

Watch McClain in the Atlanta game. We have a real track record of putting DBs in the league, hope this does not change!

Reaction Score
Also did anyone see Gratz launch himself into that Louisville offensive tackle so that the LBs could get to the ball carrier before he could get around? That should be in his highlight reel.

Reaction Score
Also did anyone see Gratz launch himself into that Louisville offensive tackle so that the LBs could get to the ball carrier before he could get around? That should be in his highlight reel.
I really worry about replacing our two corners more than anyone else. Blidi has had one bad game this year, against RU. Otherwise it has been pretty futile for teams to throw his way. Gratz has been a little less consistent but he is beyond solid/above average. They're both close to 200lbs and 6 foot. These guys could compete for starting jobs pretty much anywhere in college football. Next year Taylor Mack becomes our most experienced corner, and aside from his true freshman year he has struggled some. I kind of like the idea of returning Byron Jones to corner and moving Andrew Adams into a starting safety role along with T. Brown, with Wilbert Lee taking Adams place in the rotation. We will see I guess.

Reaction Score
Trevardo is great. He wasn't highly recruited because in HS he was all potential. He played here as a true frosh because we were desperate and he didn't contribute that much. For those that say you always play anyone who could help you, having TWill back next year would be a million times more important than what he gave us his true frosh year in '09. At least a million.

Reaction Score

I actually think the D will be solid again next year, but depth in the secondary is a concern.

I really think Smallwood should be moved to OLB, he can be a solid pass rusher. Put Vann in the middle, and Graham Stewart at the other OLB.

Byron Jones needs to be moved to corner, insert Anthony Adams as the full time starting safety. Open competition for the other CB spot.

Reaction Score
Want to know why Trevardo is where he is at this point coming to the end of his UConn career and ready to move on?

Easy. Great football coaching and development and...>THIS You can't coach this. And we need 85 of them. New England Championship Meet 2007.

Boys 100 Meter Dash
=====================================================================
Winner 2006: W 10.68 6/10/2006 James Nixon, Hyde School, CT
Meet: # 10.36 1981 Mike Morris, Ayer, MA
Name Year School Finals Wind
=====================================================================
Finals
1 Morgan, Kevin SR Hope - RI 10.90 -0.5
2 Williams, Trevardo 11 Bridgeport C CT 10.94 -0.5
3 Alexander, John SR Edward Little ME 10.95 -0.5
4 Logan, Chance SR N.Kingstown-Ri 11.09 -0.5
5 Robinson, Cailean SR Newton North MA 11.10 -0.5
6 Massey, Joshua 12 Notre Dame, CT 11.17 -0.5
7 Todman, Jordan JR Dartmouth MA 11.17 -0.5
8 Dano, Gabe 12 Merrimack NH 11.21 -0.5

Reaction Score
this dude posts on the BE blog on espn... has been whining since the game was over

cardsfantx.jpg

CardsFanTX
Charlie Strong said today that TEDDY HEISMAN!™ (he calls him Bridgewater for some reason) will be able to play Thurs. at Rutgers. He said they won't change anything they do offensively... that they just need to protect him better. Ya think?

It would also be nice if RU gave their defense a little reminder that horsecollar tackles are personal fouls and get people hurt. Not that RU plays dirty, but a horsecollar by UConn is what got TEDDY HEISMAN!™ a broken wrist.
13 Minutes Ago

Reaction Score
Someone should tell teddy Heisman that trying to break tackles is what got him hurt. Wtf is Sio supposed to do, let him get away?

Reaction Score
this dude posts on the BE blog on espn... has been whining since the game was over

cardsfantx.jpg

CardsFanTX
Charlie Strong said today that TEDDY HEISMAN!™ (he calls him Bridgewater for some reason) will be able to play Thurs. at Rutgers. He said they won't change anything they do offensively... that they just need to protect him better. Ya think?

It would also be nice if RU gave their defense a little reminder that horsecollar tackles are personal fouls and get people hurt. Not that RU plays dirty, but a horsecollar by UConn is what got TEDDY HEISMAN!™ a broken wrist.
13 Minutes Ago

Oh for Pete's sake. That was a penalty and it got called, but it was by no means a dirty play. The hand in the collar was barely in the collar and he was using the other hand to supply the leverage, not the uniform.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest play and speaks to the maturity level of TW, is when the backup qb on 3rd and goal, did a bootleg to TW's side, and TW stayed on the edge and ran him down. I think ville kicked the fg after that, but was a huge play and with a td I don't think Uconn wins that game. I forget what quarter it was, but that play stood out to me. Way to play his assignment.

Reaction Score
Trevardo is great. He wasn't highly recruited because in HS he was all potential. He played here as a true frosh because we were desperate and he didn't contribute that much. For those that say you always play anyone who could help you, having TWill back next year would be a million times more important than what he gave us his true frosh year in '09. At least a million.

Who decided to play him?

Reaction Score
Who decided to play him?

Edsall. I wish he hadn't played him. But, having said that, we were a winning team that year, we unexpectedly lost Marcus Campbell out of our DE rotation and Trevardo played a great deal on specials and was in the rotation at DE. We are not talking about -- oh, I don't know -- Joe Williams or Tyler Samra.

Reaction Score
Non-medical redshirts are a recruiting luxury. Period. They're a recruiting luxury that didn't exist four years ago, and didn't exist this year either, but I expect to become more luxurious in the future.

Stop the nonsense and focus. Cincinatti is all that matters. Did you talk to your wife yet BL?

Reaction Score
Non-medical redshirts are a recruiting luxury. Period. They're a recruiting luxury that didn't exist four years ago, and didn't exist this year either, but I expect to become more luxurious in the future.

Stop the nonsense and focus. Cincinatti is all that matters. Did you talk to your wife yet BL?

Yes. Some compliments in a public setting and she was fine with me missing dinner and meeting them at the theater. She did remember that I told her this was a possibility two months ago when she bought the tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom