WGa D2->D1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WGa D2->D1

Reaction Score
Did I miss it ? You answered my question ? Did I muntz it ?

Reaction Score
So are @Vowelguy and @billybud going with "they are stupid" to explain why so many schools have suddenly upgraded football? You are all posting reasons not to upgrade, yet a bunch of schools, who are presumably aware of all these facts, have all just upgraded. Why?
I hope you didn’t go to UConn, since you seem to lack even basic reading skills.

Nowhere did I question why teams are moving, and in fact offered reasons why they probably are doing so.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hope you didn’t go to UConn, since you seem to lack even basic reading skills.

Nowhere did I question why teams are moving, and in fact offered reasons why they probably are doing so.

Every thread with you becomes a food fight. I am not trying to get into a pissing match over this.

I see a trend like a bunch of schools upgrading, and I am curious about why it is happening, and how it will affect UConn and college sports. There was no ulterior motive to my question.

Reaction Score
Every thread with you becomes a food fight. I am not trying to get into a pissing match over this.

Bull crap. You called me out and attributed something to me that was the opposite of my posts.

You knew exactly what you were doing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bull crap. You called me out and attributed something to me that was the opposite of my posts.

You knew exactly what you were doing.

You won't even let me back down. You just keep attacking.

Moving on.

Reaction Score
You won't even let me back down. You just keep attacking.

Moving on.
You are hilarious. You run around attacking and antagonizing everyone, often grossly misrepresenting their posts.

Never apologizing.

And now you’re on “why are you being so mean to me?”

This is gold Jerry, gold.

Reaction Score
From my understand, the old Football I-AA (FCS) programs never made money while some (FBS) teams along with university presidents' (and local politicians') egos explains why so many FCS programs are making this move.

I agree that the top 100 or so FBS teams should be DI and push the rest down to DII as it's getting crazy.

Reaction Score
I agree with Nelson's sentiment that this is ridiculous. It's time for the top 200-250 schools to create a new Division 1-A above the current Division 1. At the same time, it's time for the top 90-100 football brands to create a new subdivision above FBS.
I would make the the split at about 60 for both Football and basketball. With the money those schools make, they should be in a separate division.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I do not have a sentiment on this. I actually want to know why the schools are doing this. I pointed out in the UMass thread that these schools can't all be wrong, and since they are on tight budgets, they do not have money to throw away. Why are they doing this? There must be a reason.

They’re trying to beat the fee increase….

Which is not a great reason, but it’s a reason.

Reaction Score
I would make the the split at about 60 for both Football and basketball. With the money those schools make, they should be in a separate division.
And after you’ve limited it to 60, which are going to be the 30 to have losing records? Few P5 schools outside of Vandy and Rutgers will tolerate that.

Reaction Score
Given the way realignment has gone, I assume a power conference is already laying out plans to invite West Georgia ahead of UConn. It's become a tradition.
Of course. Because it's located in the triangle created by Georgia, Alabama, Auburn.

Reaction Score
And after you’ve limited it to 60, which are going to be the 30 to have losing records? Few P5 schools outside of Vandy and Rutgers will tolerate that.

With 32 teams in the NFL...there will be losing records in a zero sum game....how much is the NFL suffering ?

Reaction Score
With 32 teams in the NFL...there will be losing records in a zero sum game....how much is the NFL suffering ?
NFL teams are not dependent on alumni donations.

Nearly 70% of P5 teams go to bowl games. I can’t see folks being happy if that goes down to 50%.

Reaction Score
NFL teams are not dependent on alumni donations.

Nearly 70% of P5 teams go to bowl games. I can’t see folks being happy if that goes down to 50%.
Go to a 16 team playoff and use the bowl sites as the play off games. 8,4,2,1. The bowls have become irrelevant, more and more players will opt out in future years.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Is the NFL considering contracting? Because you are arguing that college athletics will be just as possible if it contracted as it is now. Why shouldn’t every sport do that? Why doesn’t the NFL cut itself in half?

By that logic, why are the studios putting out so much different content? Just make a handful of shows, and make us all watch those?

Or maybe, that is not how any entertainment industry works.

Reaction Score
Go to a 16 team playoff and use the bowl sites as the play off games. 8,4,2,1. The bowls have become irrelevant, more and more players will opt out in future years.
If they are locks for the NFL, wouldn't players still opt out of play off games?

Reaction Score
If they are locks for the NFL, wouldn't players still opt out of play off games?
Nobody cares if you opt out of a meaningless bowl game bc you don’t want to get hurt. But a playoff game? NFL scouts will view that very dimly.

Reaction Score
Is the NFL considering contracting? Because you are arguing that college athletics will be just as possible if it contracted as it is now. Why shouldn’t every sport do that? Why doesn’t the NFL cut itself in half?

By that logic, why are the studios putting out so much different content? Just make a handful of shows, and make us all watch those?

Or maybe, that is not how any entertainment industry works.

LOL...Is the NFL over 130 teams ? Hell yes, they would consider becoming smaller and more manageable if they were.

One might ask if the USFL and XFL will become NFL teams.

Reaction Score
40 teams would be enough. That would include all programs capable of regularly competing for a championship.

Reaction Score
Looks like Colorado and Deion making themselves known...media loves a winner.

Colorado's double-overtime victory against Colorado State, which ended in the early hours of Sunday in most of the country, drew 9.3 million viewers to make it the most-watched late-night college football game ever on ESPN.

And this from a 10:00 Eastern Time kickoff.

Reaction Score
Noting Colorado State led most of the Rams' game against the in-state Buffaloes, many people naturally root for upsets. No surprise the CSU-CU double OT game attracted or captured an unusually high number of late Sat night/early Sun (EDT) viewers. Some people love sanders, others aren't exactly enraptured with blow hards in general. Or more specifically, sanders' personality, jettisoning of prior CU players, etc.

Meanwhile, Fresno State trouncing Arizona State was boring, and like Kansas and Nevada, neither have massive ET zone gridiron fan bases/interest. Even with the Wolfpack playing out of their skulls and almost pulling an upset despite multiple TOs, it was easy to either concurrently watch both near upsets (CSU-CU and KU-UNR) or to opt for the bigger media-promoted alternative.

Reaction Score
Outpulled Alabama-Texas game this year when the Longhorns upset the Tide.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Outpulled Alabama-Texas game this year when the Longhorns upset the Tide.
It’s early in the season, but at this point Alabama’s success is getting roasted in the SEC Shorts videos.

Reaction Score
Yet...Bama is still in the thick of it in the SEC...no conference losses and only loss to #3 Texas...

If the Tide beats Auburn, they have a good chance to play in the CCG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom