Western Michigan Preview | The Boneyard

Western Michigan Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
http://www.presnapread.com/no-62-western-michigan/

On the road, this is going to be a challenge. For all those that mock the MAC, I still say a win here for UConn would be a quality one. Big test of Don Brown's defense in his second season. If we can keep them under 30, we've got to feel good about our chances.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if we don't win that game i will go nuts. i assume most here will and forte will post up a gem of a thread. but most importantly if we don't win that game, carl will add western michigan to the enemy list with manchester ymca and norwalk middle school club team as teams that we need revenge on.

Reaction Score
if we don't win that game i will go nuts. i assume most here will and forte will post up a gem of a thread. but most importantly if we don't win that game, carl will add western michigan to the enemy list with manchester ymca and norwalk middle school club team as teams that we need revenge on.

You sound like Butchy right now, do you have the Stevens Institute's phone number to arrange a series?

All kidding aside, I'm with you, we have to win that game even though I rather get the win against Maryland.

Reaction Score
I just made my first visit to this site and was impressed. Their UCONN write-up was very well done (must have been a Boneyarder) although I do not agree with where they have us ranked.

How unlucky that we play Western Michigan back to back years when they have an NFL QB. Don Brown needs to tone down the blitzes for this game, their QB gets the ball out too fast.

Reaction Score
it's hard to win a shootout between Alex Carder and McEntee. we should do better this year.

Reaction Score
Carder threw all over our D last year... I mean at will, literally... Hopefully our D is ready for the challenge this time around with the 2nd year under their belt in D. Brown's defense...

Reaction Score
Brown was awful in that game last season. We were without Blidi and nothing was done before or during the game to adjust for that loss and the WMU offense. If we had cooled our jets and kept the play in front of us we win that one.

Reaction Score
They should already be on that list after they made our secondary look like the manchester ymca last year.

Reaction Score
You sound like Butchy right now, do you have the Stevens Institute's phone number to arrange a series?

All kidding aside, I'm with you, we have to win that game even though I rather get the win against Maryland.
<-------Remember the Aggies!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dream season Western Michigan takes two of three against B.C.S. conference opponents in September, losing only to UConn, and loses only one game during MAC play. But it’s not one of the two important games; the Broncos lose a strange game to Buffalo — stay with me — but beat both Toledo and N.I.U. to take home the MAC West. The win over C.M.U. comes by, say, 45 points.

A little love there for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
We need to go 4-1 OOC this year. We should and we need to win this game. If this is another tough game we are in for another long year.

Reaction Score
We should have been up 21-0 in the first ten minutes. We led 3-0.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If this coaching staff is half as good as I read here there is no reason to lose to Directional Michigan in back to back years.

Reaction Score
If this coaching staff is half as good as I read here there is no reason to lose to Directional Michigan in back to back years EVER.

There... That's better.

Reaction Score
If this coaching staff is half as good as I read here there is no reason to lose to Directional Michigan in back to back years.

Really? Who is pumping up the coaching staff here? There are just as many detractors if not more. But I agree, losing this game would be about as bad as losing to Temple two years in a row at two different programs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really? Who is pumping up the coaching staff here? There are just as many detractors if not more. But I agree, losing this game would be about as bad as losing to Temple two years in a row at two different programs.

You don't see the backlash when the staff is criticized? I wouldn't even call myself a detractor - I just don't give a about the results at Syracuse or the NFL experience.

Reaction Score
You don't see the backlash when the staff is criticized? I wouldn't even call myself a detractor - I just don't give a **** about the results at Syracuse or the NFL experience.

It all depends on who the criticism comes from.

Reaction Score
You don't see the backlash when the staff is criticized? I wouldn't even call myself a detractor - I just don't give a **** about the results at Syracuse or the NFL experience.

There is a difference between being critical of the staff (which I certainly have been as well) and agreeing with the sentiment that P should be fired halfway into his first year.

Reaction Score
I've been critical too. I actually agree with Whaler on the Syracuse and NFL stuff.

Back to the topic, this will be a bigtime sad face if we lose this game.

Reaction Score
WMU loses their top wideouts White and Ravenell...those guys absolutely killed us last year. Their QB Carder is pretty good as we saw, but he can makes some mistakes if he's pressured. In their bowl game vs Purdue he had a few really bad turnovers.

This game follows the trip down to Maryland so hopefully there is not an emotional let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom