western kentucky | The Boneyard

western kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
has more balls then us. oh yea not touchable for a couple years consiering what he did. ladddy da. BP to WK. another nice one warde...

Reaction Score
The WKU Volleyball team reacts...

Western-Kentucky-University-Volleyball-Team.jpg

Reaction Score
Living in Ellsworth, I always had a kinship for Western Kentucky seeing as they too are Hilltoppers.

Reaction Score
At least with PP we know he is here because he wants to be here. Why would we want Petrino? The guy is a scumbag and would jump ship to greener pastures in a millisecond once he had an ounce of success here which could be 1-2 years. He is clearly looking for anything right now to get back in the game.

Reaction Score
He'll be there for two years max. Get his name cleared and then go to a bigger program and screw everyone in his path (literally and figuratively).

I'll say it again. I am a 30+ year die hard Husky fan. Bobby Petrino ever coaches here I am out lock, stock and barrel. Absolute poison.

Reaction Score
Are they jumping for joy for the potential rides on his Harley, or their future employment possibilities?

McMurphyESPN 1:18pm via TweetDeck
WKU AD Saturday on new coach: "Winning experience, strong recruiting skills, history of player development, must be active in our community"

I'm quite sure he will be active in the community...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'll say it again. I am a 30+ year die hard Husky fan. Bobby Petrino ever coaches here I am out lock, stock and barrel. Absolute poison.

No offense, but if Bobby Petrino coached at UConn for three years, they'd be the most exciting, attention-getting and best attended three years in program history.

You'd be out. But everyone and their mother would be in.

Reaction Score
Maybe it is just me, but I don't see this school, this Prez or this AD bringing in someone w/NCAA baggage. We got b*slapped by the NCAA, we are trying to hold ourselves out as a place where academics and athletics can work together. I get it, the fanbase wants a new coach - but do you really envision SH and WM grinning next to Petrino on the stand? I don't.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Hiring Petrino at this time would be a bad move for UConn. UConn would look like the homely girl who wears the slutty dress to a club. Might catch someone's eye, but you won't gain anyone's respect.

Reactions: THC

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
tuberville
petrino
stopps
doeren
addazio
bielema
dykes
malzahan
hazell

whos next?
fossil
tressel
holtz
cristobal

Reaction Score
tuberville
petrino
stopps
doeren
addazio
bielema
dykes
malzahan
hazell

whos next?
fossil
tressel
holtz
cristobal

I've learned that Wingate University DC Bobby James will be named head coach at Limestone College.

Reaction Score
Dan, a year ago - how many names on the "gone" list would you have even thoguht would be available? We have no idea who will be available in a year. Don't panic. And stop looking at others - we are not changing the HC, like it or not.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I've learned that Wingate University DC Bobby James will be named head coach at Limestone College.

thats funny, but does he know how to call plays and time outs? if so hes a upgrade to what we have now. anyone from that list no matter how many bike rapes or ncaa issues is a upgrade that we desperately need.

Dan, a year ago - how many names on the "gone" list would you have even thoguht would be available? We have no idea who will be available in a year. Don't panic. And stop looking at others - we are not changing the HC, like it or not.

not many, but thats why u play ball and get in the game. yea next yea i hope we do, but thats 1 more wasted year here. thats my issue. were throwing away another year. when we continue to lose in fball, i hope everyone is happy where we are in the wolrd of college athletics perception wise. i dont care if we land nick saban next year, the issue is this next year will be a throw away and considering what were going thru as a school right now we can't have that. where are all 1 thousand of u dooms day CR ppl on here? all of u are bricks about CR yet the coaching is what it is. unreal.

ever day i get more confused as to who the this fanbase is. either we are "about it" as a school, ath dept and fanbase or we are not. some here seem to want to think we are about it but then dont want to be about it. don't talk about it be about it. were not and every day i see nothing positive get done i get more pissed off about it.

the reason u dont want me to look at others is becuase they are about it. they get done, have goals and want to be big time. we aren't so dont look becuase then you may want to be like them. i get it. call the hartford dpw, lets bulldoze the rent and buildig the bball pf, invest that into some academic desks and . we can down the road apply to get in the d3 little ivy league and have fun toucjing each other in teh gym instead of playing big boy sports. but dont look at trinity, they have good fball for d3 and if u look at them then we may want our d3 fball to be as good as them. but how the hell are we goingto beat them out for instate kids right? tuff life.

Reaction Score
thats funny, but does he know how to call plays and time outs? if so hes a ****ing upgrade to what we have now. anyone from that list no matter how many bike rapes or ncaa issues is a upgrade that we desperately need.

not many, but thats why u play ball and get in the game. yea next yea i hope we do, but thats 1 more wasted year here. thats my issue. were throwing away another year. when we continue to lose in fball, i hope everyone is happy where we are in the wolrd of college athletics perception wise. i dont care if we land nick ****ing saban next year, the issue is this next year will be a throw away and considering what were going thru as a school right now we can't have that. where are all 1 thousand of u dooms day CR ppl on here? all of u are ****ting bricks about CR yet the coaching is what it is. unreal.

ever day i get more confused as to who the **** this fanbase is. either we are "about it" as a school, ath dept and fanbase or we are not. some here seem to want to think we are about it but then dont want to be about it. don't talk about it be about it. were not and every day i see nothing positive get done i get more pissed off about it.

the reason u dont want me to look at others is becuase they are about it. they get **** done, have goals and want to be big time. we aren't so dont look becuase then you may want to be like them. i get it. call the hartford dpw, lets bulldoze the rent and **** buildig the bball pf, invest that into some academic desks and ****. we can down the road apply to get in the d3 little ivy league and have fun toucjing each other in teh gym instead of playing big boy sports. but dont look at trinity, they have good fball for d3 and if u look at them then we may want our d3 fball to be as good as them. but how the hell are we goingto beat them out for instate kids right? tuff life.

There is a hard and defined line between being "about it" as a fanbase.....and hiring a toxic like Bobby Petrino as a PR stunt.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
At least with PP we know he is here because he wants to be here. Why would we want Petrino? The guy is a scumbag and would jump ship to greener pastures in a millisecond once he had an ounce of success here which could be 1-2 years. He is clearly looking for anything right now to get back in the game.
Do you really care if Pasqualoni wants to be here? He's not a good fit! He does not put his players in the best position to succeed! I too would want to be anywhere I could get over $1 million/year for sub-mediocre results.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
There is a hard and defined line between being "about it" as a fanbase.....and hiring a toxic like Bobby Petrino as a PR stunt.

if a pr stunt is the guy setting foot on our campus and imediately we have a competent coach who can call plays and timeouts, he engages the fanbase and kills it on the trail. then yes its a pr stunt. this team as it sits today, hell this past year with BP instead of PP. tell me what u think? i see 8 wins as is this year. what do u see? i dont care if he buys a new harely, crashes it outside dez conners house and get up and runs from the scene with caroline doty(sorry doty...) hand in hand and a joint in the other.

fine line? then we must be scared to test that line, fits right in with our ways as a school playing sports.

Reaction Score
if a pr stunt is the guy setting foot on our campus and imediately we have a competent coach who can call plays and timeouts, he engages the fanbase and kills it on the trail. then yes its a pr stunt. this team as it sits today, hell this past year with BP instead of PP. tell me what u think? i see 8 wins as is this year. what do u see? i dont care if he buys a new harely, crashes it outside dez conners house and get up and runs from the scene with caroline doty(sorry doty...) hand in hand and a joint in the other.

fine line? then we must be scared to test that line, fits right in with our ways as a school playing sports.

I'm willing to go further to win at all costs than I was a year ago. Hiring Petrino is not something I'm willing to do. But to each their own.

Reaction Score
Do you really care if Pasqualoni wants to be here? He's not a good fit! He does not put his players in the best position to succeed! I too would want to be anywhere I could get over $1 million/year for sub-mediocre results.

Yes I do care when it comes to knowing the coach cares about being at UConn. Absolutely. Better than bringing in a guy you KNOW wants nothing to do with the program and will leave at the drop of a hat. You say PP is not a fit becasue he is not winning, old, whatever. I say someone like BP is not a fit because he could care less about the school/program and more about climbing back up that coaching ladder. He left UL in shambles when he left, quit on the Falcons mid-season and disgraced himself at ARK. Sure, bring in a guy like this, he is a good fit. , season ticket sales will get a huge boost for the 1 season he is hear before he leaves for a job at any school considered a step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29

Top Bottom