We're for real this time. | The Boneyard

We're for real this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope you're right it would be great for baseball.............

Reaction Score
Eh...baseball has been just fine with the Pirates blowing for two decades.

They do look good though....

Reaction Score
Pittsburgh Pirates. A year ahead of schedule.

Gonna be a dynasty baby.

I'm not seeing it.They have a handful of nice kids to build around but the real reason they are winning is vets playing over there heads. AJ Burnett, Mark Melancon and Russel Martin have all been outstanding so far. Jason Grilli is a 36 year old journeyman who may have sold his soul to the devil for big year. Franciso Liriano was an AL punching bag who is on fire. I wish the Pirates well but predict second half regression on the way.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not seeing it.They have a handful of nice kids to build around but the real reason they are winning is vets playing over there heads. AJ Burnett, Mark Melancon and Russel Martin have all been outstanding so far. Jason Grilli is a 36 year old journeyman who may have sold his soul to the devil for big year. Franciso Liriano was an AL punching bag who is on fire. I wish the Pirates well but predict second half regression on the way.

It's August 4 and Bucs are still here. Post ASG, 7th in MLB in runs, 9th in OPS, 8th in ERA. Small bullpen regression (except Melancon) and Liriano on track to get some CY votes.

Reaction Score
LOL! You sound like all those fans just before the Rays got good.

LOL maybe. I can't figure it out, Francisco Liriano went from just about the worst starter in the AL to Cy Young in Pittsburgh.

Reaction Score
Come on over Mau. Wil Myers is hitting like a young Manny. It's gonna be a fun summer in St Pete.

Geez relax having some fun....."young Manny"? Don't ruin Will's rep dude, he looks clean!;)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Eighty-freaking-two.

Still room on the bandwagon. Except for fat chicks. We have too many of those already.

Reaction Score
Come on over Mau. Wil Myers is hitting like a young Manny. It's gonna be a fun summer in St Pete.

August was not so fun in St. Pete. It was also pretty vacant.

Reaction Score
If the Sox can't win, I root for a TB vs Pittsburgh World Series just to watch the execs at Fox line up to jump off of high places.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If the Sox can't win, I root for a TB vs Pittsburgh World Series just to watch the execs at Fox line up to jump off of high places.

Pittsburgh would actually be an uptick over Cincy or StLouis - bigger metro, more national story. But yeah, Tampa would be bad. Especially after nobody watched the Tampa/Oakland ALCS the prior week.

But your reasoning is also why I'm rooting for a Cincy-Seattle Super Bowl :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom