Well Hello Katie Lou | The Boneyard

Well Hello Katie Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Great shooting form. Looks to have a more complete game than either of her sisters. I didn't see much of either of the Samuelsons in the UConn game...are they getting any playing time? I know Bonnie came in last season and hit a few threes, but don't remember them from this year.

Reaction Score
ROCK: mighty nice. Appreciated here.
But anybody else thinking she sure looks garish in that red stuff? :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome, Lou. The UConn experience and fan base are unlike any other. We hope you become one of us. Enjoy your visit!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Judging from the video, KLS's FGs per minute average is just incredible. Definitely need to keep that girl in Storrs.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I like the size, passing, shooting form, and use of the left hand.

Is she wearing knee supports?

She wears knee pads. Nearly all players who played for Russ Davis on Cal Swish wore knee pads. If there was a loose ball on the floor you better be on the ground getting it.
On the right knee/thigh she wears one of those elastic sweat bands(the kind us over 50 athletes wear when we play basketball or tennis/racquetball, makes us look like a warrior)
When she shoots a three pointer she is always square to the basket.

Reaction Score
I like the size, passing, shooting form, and use of the left hand.

Is she wearing knee supports?
It looks like the whole team is wearing them. Probably a precaution that seems to be more prevalent these days.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
She has a very 'polished' game and the form/release on her jump shot reminds me of the great Jerry West. Must be a Cali thing!:)

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks Rocky for the link.....Katie is a great talent that would blossom in Storrs under the coaching of Geno and staff. Geno just seems to be able to bring out greatness in good players.

Reaction Score
Impressive video. Very athletic. No sense worrying about whether she'll commit to UConn. However, if she does, she will be a great one, no doubt. Geno, CD, Shea aand Marisa will see to that.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
She has a very 'polished' game and the form/release on her jump shot reminds me of the great Jerry West. Must be a Cali thing!:)

Have to disagree somewhat. Katie has great form on her jump shots, but one thing that's unique is that she usually doesn't start the arms moving until she's hanging at the top of her jump. Makes it look like she's playing in smaller split-seconds than everyone else. Provides a simpler ballistic calculation too.

And she has great control when moving at full speed -- though I'm making an assumption that lead pass in the first sequence was caught at/near full speed. If she's faster than that it would be stupendous.

Thanks for the link, Rocky!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jerry West--the NBA logo--learned his shot in his native West Virginia: Zeke from Cabin Creek.

Reaction Score
My Dad, from deep in the hils and hollers of WV, called Jerry West the "Lightnin' Streak from Cabin Creek"...
Regarding KLS, I liked the blocked shot. She would be a great addition to continue the UConn SWAT team tradition...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, now can we put up a video of KLS? That was obviously one of Ann Strother. :cool:

Very nice. AND, her sophomore compliation. We are now 2 years removed. Or 2 years improved. Add another before she gets to Storrs.

Reaction Score
She has what it takes. Now all she needs is a little flashy attitude of DT and we will secure our place at the FF. ;)

Reaction Score
What a quick release! Great shooting touch. She reminds me alot of Ann Strother with a bit of Stewie. Would be great to see her play at UCONN.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It is very possible that this is KLS's second visit to Storrs.

A few years ago, Bonnie made unofficial visits to Duke, Maryland and UConn (possibly others). It is likely that she was traveling by car and, if so, it may have been a family trip with at least one parent plus Karlie and Katie Lou. I confess to be speculating about a reasonable set of circumstances.

Bonnie obviously selected Stanford and her role has been clearly defined as an off-the-bench long-range shooter. And she is good at that.

There were indications that Karlie was really impressed with UConn, to the extent that some believe it would have been her first choice. But it is a matter of record that the close Samuelson family was dealing with the loss of a loved one (her uncle -- dad's brother) and Karlie's selection of Stanford may have been to some degree influenced by her desire to stay close to home under these circumstances.

That situation apparently has faded from focus and KLS is not only clearly free to choose what's best for her, but enjoying full family support in this very important matter. Geno will exercise his powers of persuasion (assisted, I'm sure, by KML) and at some point Katie Lou will make her decision and announce it.

I understand that she has Olympics ambitions. If that is true, I like out chances.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
It is very possible that this is KLS's second visit to Storrs.

A few years ago, Bonnie made unofficial visits to Duke, Maryland and UConn (possibly others). It is likely that she was traveling by car and, if so, it may have been a family trip with at least one parent plus Karlie and Katie Lou. I confess to be speculating about a reasonable set of circumstances.

Bonnie obviously selected Stanford and her role has been clearly defined as an off-the-bench long-range shooter. And she is good at that.

There were indications that Karlie was really impressed with UConn, to the extent that some believe it would have been her first choice. But it is a matter of record that the close Samuelson family was dealing with the loss of a loved one (her uncle -- dad's brother) and Karlie's selection of Stanford may have been to some degree influenced by her desire to stay close to home under these circumstances.

That situation apparently has faded from focus and KLS is not only clearly free to choose what's best for her, but enjoying full family support in this very important matter. Geno will exercise his powers of persuasion (assisted, I'm sure, by KML) and at some point Katie Lou will make her decision and announce it.

I understand that she has Olympics ambitions. If that is true, I like out chances.
One of the Horde said this was her first visit.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Muffet and McCallie in Springfield to watch Katie Lou per Jim Fuller who is at the game.

I wonder if KML will be there to watch her alma mater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom