Welcome Kaitlyn! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Welcome Kaitlyn!

Reaction Score
She is a fabulous addition to the team. I just shake my head wondering why people question this portal addition. Did folks question when Lou Lopez Senechal or Dorka joined the squad? Chen is an experience, intelligent point guard that will add to the team. It would appear that wishing for’a big’ or a rebounder from the portal is blinding the vision. Geno knows a thing or two, more than what I claim to know. The team made it to the Final Four with a four guard lineup. I love their chances next year. Chen gives the young people experience and poise. Look at what Lou did. Questioning Geno and his staff just continues to amaze me…

Reaction Score
when someone actually finds out what she plans to study at UConn, maybe they can post it. UConn doesn't have advanced degrees in leadership (business or public administration are different) nor does it give degrees in medical anthropology.
The have a Master's in Public Health that would be a great complement to a med anth major.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She is a fabulous addition to the team. I just shake my head wondering why people question this portal addition. Did folks question when Lou Lopez Senechal or Dorka joined the squad? Chen is an experience, intelligent point guard that will add to the team. It would appear that wishing for’a big’ or a rebounder from the portal is blinding the vision. Geno knows a thing or two, more than what I claim to know. The team made it to the Final Four with a four guard lineup. I love their chances next year. Chen gives the young people experience and poise. Look at what Lou did. Questioning Geno and his staff just continues to amaze me…
Let's ask KK's mother.

Reaction Score
One of the best things about adding Kaitlyn is that we should be able to rotate our back court players in such a way as to always have some experience out there with the underclassmen, and also to have some fresh legs even at the end of the game. (Not so much in the front court, but that's another thread.)

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
It does have a medical school, a top 10 nursing school, the #26 ranked pharmacy school, and the #2 ranked kinesiology school in the country.

I know tht the Boneyard's a place for assuming and opinions but it's great whn ACTUAL facts are posted, we all get a little bit smarter whn tht happens.

Reaction Score
From Carla Berube:

IMG_0811.jpeg

Reaction Score
I just shake my head wondering why people question this portal addition. Did folks question when Lou Lopez Senechal or Dorka joined the squad?
Don't you remember? Lots of folks questioned adding Lou. Loads of posts about how she'd never get her shot off, that her experience at a mid-major wouldn't translate, that she'd just ride the bench. And then there was the chorus who objected to calling her Lou. Of course, once the season started, they started singing a different tune. Once Kaitlyn gets some game experience at UConn, she'll quickly become a BY favorite.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This feels like it ought to be true, but I don't think it is. Just off the top of my head, the 2002 team was loaded with AAs, but the tallest starter was 6'3" Asjha Jones. I think it was the same with the NC team the following year, with the tallest starter being 6'3". Starting with Tina Charles, I think Geno was rarely without at least one "true big" until Stewie & Co graduated.

Of course, if we were willing to define "big" not just by height, the picture looks a lot different.
I stand corrected. So the rule should be, either get yourself a dominant post or 3 x AA forwards like Swin, Tamika & Asjha.

Reaction Score
when someone actually finds out what she plans to study at UConn, maybe they can post it. UConn doesn't have advanced degrees in leadership (business or public administration are different) nor does it give degrees in medical anthropology.
She isn't coming to UConn for the classroom educational opportunities - she is coming for the basketball.

In these modern times, even women can opt for a profession in basketball ;)

Reaction Score
It does have a medical school, a top 10 nursing school, the #26 ranked pharmacy school, and the #2 ranked kinesiology school in the country.

i doubt she will be studying any of these,

Reaction Score
The have a Master's in Public Health that would be a great complement to a med anth major.
UConn has both a terminal Masters and PhD in Anthropology with a Medical Anthropology specialty. Undergraduate course work would include the various cultural anthropology offerings plus a good dose of biology courses - genetics, biochemistry et al. To get the doctorate she'd have to complete all the Masters requirements plus do the PhD work.

It doesn't seem to me that it's the kind of graduate level academic path to choose unless you plan to use it at some point.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The situations are not the same with Lou and Chen. UConn needed guards when Lou was recruited. They have plenty of guards for next season. Chen may help. As long as it does not demoralize the new young guards, I am for it. The comparison does not compute.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is a huge get at the right time. We are a very young talented team with huge potential. Chen gives us another point guard who is a scorer. Now all we need is Beets and turn out the lights. Chen and Beers gives UConn time to develop without pressure on the underclassmen. They will get their minutes and time to develop. With Chen and Beers this is a whole new level.

Reaction Score
In the videos, she looks remarkably like Paige- great ball handler, passer, mid-range jumper, athletic moves in the paint and a silky-smooth 3-point shot.

Overall, a great Paige-like decision-maker.

A fabulous addition. She will be an impact player.

There are periods in the season where there are a lot of games close together. This is when players get worn out and injured. With this backcourt. Players will be able to do low minutes and even sit-out games.

This depth will also be important in the post-season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The situations are not the same with Lou and Chen. UConn needed guards when Lou was recruited. They have plenty of guards for next season. Chen may help. As long as it does not demoralize the new young guards, I am for it. The comparison does not compute.
Lou committed before Paige and Azzi were hurt. Geno started recruiting her during the Final Four in Paige’s freshman year

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that we will be pressing with 3-4 players a lot more next year. It'll be like the old days.
No Way Omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

That would be epic!! If we just installed whatever press that works with the team and just open up the gates. I keep waiting for that moment to happen. I mean we did a lot of trapping in the halfcourt, which allowed the team to be aggressive at times but to turn it up a notch and go fullcourt with this athlete group. That would be nice. I just want us to be in attack mode from the opening tip to the end of the game. With the addition of Kaitlyn, it does allow us that opportunity.

Kat

Reaction Score
I took a look at Princeton's webpage on her. Very impressive list of achievements and awards. One that really stuck out was, Ivy League Tournament Most Outstanding Player (2022, 2023, 2024)

She's clutch. I couldn't be happier that she'll be a Husky.

Reaction Score
Does it matter if a player’s feelings are hurt that a player commits? Three freshmen are joining the team. there is another roster spot. The objective is to win another national championship. There aren’t guaranteed starting spots. Playing time is earned and I’m sure the coaches will figure it out. I think it‘s exciting to think about the potential outlook, especially defensive pressure non stop. this addition eases the burden of the returning players rehabbing injuries. easing back into the lineup and hopefully less stress. Win win situation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She'll love it. She'll have the chance ot pass to more players and get more open looks herself. These players aren't selfish.

She offers something that is unique- exceptional speed to go with quickness in the backcourt.

I’m thinking Kaitlyn’s assist stats would benefit from passing the ball to Paige, Azzi, Sarah, and Jana. I don’t recall Princeton having any finishers quite like that group.

I bet Kaitlyn got a text from a couple of alums in Seattle.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom