Weekend recruiting visits? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Weekend recruiting visits?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I only know what happens within the first few hours of their visit....upon arrival at UConn each recruit is handed a UConn sweatshirt and they are then brought to Geno's office where they are given silver polish and a soft cloth to clean the 11 NC trophies along with Geno's rings......then they are taken to the locker room where they play a short game of charades with Christyn Williams acting as master of ceremonies.....after that I believe it's on to Geno's house for lunch....and then a nap......

Charlie, short of getting the news that the game Sunday will be live streamed, this is the best/funniest post I've read today. I LOL when I read it!!! :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sure, if she pays her own way it's a unofficial visit which aren't limited. I just don't believe she can stay on campus overnight unless it's a motel that she pays for.
If I'm not mistaken Aubrey cancelled her last official visit which would have been to Mississippi State. Recruits are allowed to take up to 5 official visits. No reason UCONN can't pay for Aubrey and her family to visit assuming she has official visits remaining.

Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers will be in town too.

There are reports of a great moan in NW Indiana. Fudd and Bueckers "show up"? It's an 8 hr drive from DC and a 2 hour flight from Minn. If these 4 had shown up in S Bend like this a few of our board members might have had the sharp objects taken from their reach.

Anyone sitting across from the UConn bench with a decent camera would be able to take some good picture of that bench and the surrounding area.

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken Aubrey cancelled her last official visit which would have been to Mississippi State. Recruits are allowed to take up to 5 official visits. No reason UCONN can't pay for Aubrey and her family to visit assuming she has official visits remaining.
Didn’t she take an official to UConn? Can they give her a second?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
There are reports of a great moan in NW Indiana. Fudd and Bueckers "show up"? It's an 8 hr drive from DC and a 2 hour flight from Minn. If these 4 had shown up in S Bend like this a few of our board members might have had the sharp objects taken from their reach.

Anyone sitting across from the UConn bench with a decent camera would be able to take some good picture of that bench and the surrounding area.
Isn't there some sort of rally in Indiana tonight? Great moan, indeed. Or were you talking about ND basketball? ;)

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
If Fudd and Bueckers do show can they play pickup games with team members?

Reaction Score
If Fudd and Bueckers do show can they play pickup games with team members?
I doubt it. The amount of court time is limited and monitored and with the season about to start I’m sure the players time and energy is being focused on team practices. Coaches wouldn’t want their kids playing any pickup at this point especially considering the possible injury factor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is the Bueckers/Fudd info public news? I can't find anyone mentioning it anywhere else.

Reaction Score
I have some info that Fudd will be in town this weekend too for an unofficial.

if that's true it would be really great..............I've seen nothing mentioned from Fudd or PB on that visit................

Reaction Score
Be a brilliant move to get Bueckers, Fudd, their US teammate Boston, and Haley Jones all on campus together for the weekend. I suggest a full-on scrimmage.

DePup has had some pretty inside information lately..............sounds just way too good to be true so best to wait and see............................

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I only know what happens within the first few hours of their visit....upon arrival at UConn each recruit is handed a UConn sweatshirt and they are then brought to Geno's office where they are given silver polish and a soft cloth to clean the 11 NC trophies along with Geno's rings......then they are taken to the locker room where they play a short game of charades with Christyn Williams acting as master of ceremonies.....after that I believe it's on to Geno's house for lunch....and then a nap......
No wonder UConn "gets all the best players.":D

Reaction Score
Didn’t she take an official to UConn? Can they give her a second?

They cannot give any player a second official visit, regardless of how many she has taken to other schools.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Be a brilliant move to get Bueckers, Fudd, their US teammate Boston, and Haley Jones all on campus together for the weekend. I suggest a full-on scrimmage.
While it sounds too good to be true, a reunion of 4 of 5 starters for the U17 world championship team, minus the one that got away, would be earth shattering recruiting news for WBB.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hey, I live in San Diego so if it's about weather, you should hate me too!
Yes I do, but not nearly as much as Milford who casually advises BY’ers, battling frigid winter weather, whenever he’s sitting in a lounge chair, sipping some exotic drink in some tropical paradise...:(

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Nothin' could be finer than to be in Carolina!
Is it still okay after noon? I have heard its virtues extolled, but only about ham and eggs, and the company of one's sweetie in the morning. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom