Week 5 lines and schedule | The Boneyard

Week 5 lines and schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Quite possibly the worst week of games I can remember. There is almost nothing interesting.

Gameday is headed to Ohio State/Michigan State that is how bad it is.

UConn -18 Buffalo
VPI -6.5 Cinci
Clemson -10 BC - that will land at 14+
WVU -11 Baylor
Miami -3.5 NCSU ???
Louisville -11 S Miss
FSU -15.5 USF
Western Michigan -3 Toledo

Can Army beat Stony Brook
Good luck to Towson @ LSU

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think there is plenty to be interested in. Obviously, I will be most interested in seeing how UConn bounces back, but I'm also looking forward to that Cincy-Va Tech game, and I'm praying that USF can wake up in time for the USF-FSU game.

For what it's worth, I don't think that Coach Ambrose has a chance in hell of staying within 30 points against LSU, unfortunately...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is a miserable schedule. What the hell is Gameday doing at Sparty?

I thought the same thing. Then tried to find a better matchup. There is absolutely nothing on the schedule. Thank God UConn is at home.

Reaction Score
Didn't Herbstreit get an up close and personal look at how much Sparty sucks this year? The only other option I could possibly find is Wisky @ Nebraska. And that even sucks.

With OSU ineligible who from that division is going to the B1G championship game? A terrible Wisconsin team? Purdue?

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
How is Fsu only a 15.5 favorite. They are playing the same team that lost to Ball state right?

Reaction Score
How is Fsu only a 15.5 favorite. They are playing the same team that lost to Ball state right?

This is USF we are talking about. They beat Auburn at Auburn and lose to UConn and Rutgers in the same season. Anything is possible,

Reaction Score
Baylor at WVU is OK, certianly going to be more points in that game than OSU/MSU.

Reaction Score
This weeks locks (pssst, bet opposite)
Over 42.5 in UConn v. Buffalo
Over 47.5 in the USCe / Kentucky game
UNC -24 over Idaho

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'll take clemson 13.5 or lower number wise to cover and wm to cover also

Reaction Score
3 Can't miss this weekend...

Missouri +2.5 @ UCF
South Carolina -20.5 @ Kentucky
Oregon -28 @ Washington St.

Got no love for those home teams this weekend.......Kentucky and Wash St. are going to get whooped.......UCF will keep it around 10 but Missouri is a superior team..

Reaction Score
We need to cover our spread and have the first team benched for the fourth quarter

Reaction Score
USF and Cinci have opportunities to take down the two top dogs in the ACC. I'm looking forward to these games, the Big East really has a chance to make a statement, and the timing couldn't be better.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
USF and Cinci have opportunities to take down the two top dogs in the ACC. I'm looking forward to these games, the Big East really has a chance to make a statement, and the timing couldn't be better.

Agreed. The one that I really like is the USF game, because USF goes into that with no pressure at all. If they lose, they are one of our worst teams. If they win, one of our worst teams just took out the ACC's only shot at a national title game before they even start conference play. That's got a good ring to it...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed. The one that I really like is the USF game, because USF goes into that with no pressure at all. If they lose, they are one of our worst teams. If they win, one of our worst teams just took out the ACC's only shot at a national title game before they even start conference play. That's got a good ring to it...

Well Florida State did beat Clemson.... so I guess technically conference play began. It seems impossible that USF could beat FSU - but I guess that is what USF does - the impossible both ways.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Back to the lines the easiest winner of the week disappeared. UTSA opened at a 4-5 point dog to NMSU. That line was such a joke they are now favored by 1 on the road. Oh well.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Well Florida State did beat Clemson.... so I guess technically conference play began. It seems impossible that USF could beat FSU - but I guess that is what USF does - the impossible both ways.

Touche. I meant before conference play really started to get underway for everyone. It's the same way that I feel about the Big East, even though Cincy has played Pitt and USF has played Rutgers. But you are correct...

Reaction Score
I thought the UConn spread was the over under! We could win by 5 or 50.
Buffalo is hurting. Like our chances.

Anyway So Miss is a tough place to play.
Is Tennessee really that bad?
UCLA isn't Oregon I'll take the lowly Buffs in the thin air!
Speaking of I'll take Oregon.

Reaction Score
I'm liking Washington +6.5 tomorrow night...Stanford's first game after the huge win vs USC which inflated the line. Would they really be a TD favorite over UW if they had lost that game? Also it's their first road game of the season and first road start for their QB Nunes. I think UW has a great shot to win outright.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A ton of road favorites this week, which usually leads to a bloodbath for those that like to pick favorites.

Mine:

Oklahoma State +2
Arkansas +14
Oregon Staet +2.5
USF +17
Tennessee +13.5
Iowa -7

Reaction Score
This system has served me well. I pick three games. Two point spread games and one moneyline underdog. My strategy is to bet on a favorite who lost to an inferior team last time out, especially if now playing at home.
Best Bet this week: Iowa-7 v Minnesota (Best =50% of betting bankroll)
Good Bet: UConn -15.5 v Buffalo ( Good=30%)
Moneyline Bet Worth a Shot : Tenn +400 at Georgia (Shot=20%)
The key is to vary the amount bet on the three games. As a wise man (guy) once told me, whenever you walk into a room and spot three attractive women, they may all catch your eye, but one will always stand out from the other two.

Reaction Score
I'm liking Washington +6.5 tomorrow night...Stanford's first game after the huge win vs USC which inflated the line. Would they really be a TD favorite over UW if they had lost that game? Also it's their first road game of the season and first road start for their QB Nunes. I think UW has a great shot to win outright.
Hey John, great call last nite with Udub, what else do you like this weekend?

Reaction Score
Hey John, great call last nite with Udub, what else do you like this weekend?

Thanks! A blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut. :)

Games I'm liking tomorrow:
Iowa St +3...Texas Tech has played nobody this year and I love getting IA St as a home dog.
Minnesota +7....Probably a trap but Iowa has been horrific. I think Ferentz is done there.
Cal +1....Not sold on AZ St being a road favorite even at 1 pt, Cal has played better than their record indicates.
Nevada -18.5....Texas St is still essentially a FCS team and their win over Houston looks worse and worse every week. If not for the collapse against USF, Nevada would be in BCS buster consideratuion. This line has actually gone down all week which worries me a little but I still think they are 3 TDs better than Texas St even on the road.
Uconn -17...If we can't beat Buffalo by 17......

Good luck this weekend!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I chickened out on Wash because I had 6.5.

Agree on Minnesota. And I like UConn too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom