Week 15 - Feb 12 to 18 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 15 - Feb 12 to 18 (games, conf standings, NET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So the reason I was saying I didn’t believe a foul line jumper could take 1 sec …
We know just grab and release the ball takes 0.4, then the ball has gotta travel in a parabolic-type path from 17 feet away, and clear the hoop, which is gonna take some time … as it turns out 1.4 sec.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
After everything OreSU has gone through with the Pac-12 this past year, and with a very grim future likely ahead for them, they deserve every bit of this late season resurgence they're experiencing. (with the exception of their last home stand of the regular season, during which they need to lose badly ;))
Hey, it's okay if they beat Cal. ;)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Saw the replay of the elbow several times, but only from one angle. Looked like it was up awfully high, and really not a basketball play. Beers was down for almost 4 minutes, and then extremely wobbly on her feet when she did get up.

Reaction Score
Betts looks a bit quicker now than she did a couple months ago. Her post moves look better too. I’m impressed.

Also thought UCLA’s defense looked much more energetic.

Reaction Score
Wow. So much happened after I went to bed. Do we need to start talking about Oregon State replacing Colorado as the fourth 1 seed? If they beat Southern Cal tomorrow, then I think they should be top 4!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Good morning y'all! Just couldn't stay awake for the Pac12 games and wow! Byes for top 4 in conference tourney still a bit hazy. A bit surprised at the Utah win, and OMG, Oregon State!

Looking ahead to today and tomorrow:
1708170291509.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wow. So much happened after I went to bed. Do we need to start talking about Oregon State replacing Colorado as the fourth 1 seed? If they beat Southern Cal tomorrow, then I think they should be top 4!
They really are on fire, but we have to wait and see about that injury to beers. Hopefully not concussion.

Reaction Score
Todays madness was brought to you by

• saving your time outs, and
  • advancing the ball rule
Loved it when they added the advancing the ball rule. The one thing I forget, because I'm used to FIBA is that the shot clock doesn't drop to 14 seconds. Have caught myself thinking the play's taking to long sometimes :confused:

Reaction Score
Saw the replay of the elbow several times, but only from one angle. Looked like it was up awfully high, and really not a basketball play. Beers was down for almost 4 minutes, and then extremely wobbly on her feet when she did get up.
I found a replay on YouTube too. They were holding towels to her face. Maybe she got a tooth knocked out. Intentional foul on Rice.

Reaction Score
At the Oregon State game last night. What a range of emotions. Very concerned about Raegan Beers. After 5 minutes on the ground and clearly unable to control her pain (chest was heaving up and down), they finally get her upright and she was so wobbly while being helped out of the venue by 2 people. Heard Raegan was taken to the emergency room at local hospital. I'm guessing broken nose and possibly concussion.

Maybe the best basketball game I've ever seen in Gill Coliseum and I've been going to men's and women's bball games since 1976. The last 15 seconds were absolutely incredible. UCLA is legit. UCLA has a very deep bench, and plays excellent defense. Betts was a monster last night. Without Beers in the middle, Betts was able to post 3 feet from the basket. Eventually, OSU had to go zone defense as nobody could stop Betts.

OSU also has a very deep bench, and until tonight, no injuries. That game was a total gut check for OSU, and without question, this team is playing unreal and totally believe in themselves. But w/o Beers this team can only go so far. Next weeks games are on the road vs Washington schools. Regardless of what happens in USC game Sunday, I hope Raegan Beers can recover in time for the Stanford game on Feb. 29.

Reaction Score
I love Raegan, but she can take her time getting back. Paurova looked pretty good fronting Betts. Give her two weeks of practicing in the 5 spot and she'll be ready for Brink.

Reaction Score
In the post game presser, which was a tear jerker, Rueck and TvO called out Dom's versatility playing the 1-5. And also said that she is impossible to guard in practice. Paurova apparently played as "Charisma Osborne" opposite TvO in practice this week and TvO said Dom lit her up.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
If Oregon st can take care of business at the Washington schools, and split USC and Stanford at home, they are 100% in the running for a #1 seed.

[At this point, I think only SC, and MAYBE Stanford--given their remaining schedule--have a #1 seed locked up]. I think probably only one of Ohio State and Iowa gets a #1 seed [and if Iowa wins at home, the B10 tournament might determine that]. Then...IDK. Maybe whoever wins the ACC between NC State and Va Tech if they also have a great conference tournament showing? Will the Pac 12 schools stop beating each other up enough to let one shine? I have a hard time seeing a Big12 school getting a #1 seed, but if Texas can run the table...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sharp line of demarcation between the haves and have-nots in the Pac 12!
Yeah, fairly unusual this year. There's usually more of a clump in the middle with a few at the top and a few at the bottom. This year it's just split in half with the clear top 6 and bottom 6.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
West Virginia knocked off Oklahoma. Is it time to start taking the 'Neers seriously? Currently 2nd in the Big 12, 1/2 game up on Texas and K State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
L.

Btw - why did Celeste Taylor transfer from Duke? I thought she was great in that system last year - at least when I saw her in Raleigh she looked fantastic. Surprised she left.

Not sure why she left. I suspect only her and her family knows. I was disappointed at first, but Action Jackson and Oluchi have stepped up to fill her minutes nicely. Love it that they are a sophomore and freshman respectively. Our wings will be giving teams the blues for the next 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Has she been hitting those regularly? When I've watched her most of her damage has been done from close range.
Not a consistent shot. I would say 25%-35%. Like you said, she was crushing things from close range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom