Week 13 - Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 13 - Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yet another huge upset of a top 5 team this year. At least we weren’t blown out by 25 points in any of our losses!

Rather be blown out by 25 once than lose 6 of 8 though!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Big 12 went 7-3 yesterday against SEC.

Miss St and Mizzou both won at home against ranked Big12 teams, WVU won at home against a ranked Auburn team. Otherwise pretty much chalk for the rest of the match ups. Kansas righted its ship with a road win at Lexington at night.

Reaction Score
Anyone else watch the Texas @ Tennessee game?

Say what you want about Rick Barnes, but I really like the Vols' roster and style of play.

Their style is very similar to Houston: defend like heck (KenPom's #1 rated defense) and crash the offensive boards (#2 in offensive rebounding rate).

More importantly, they play as a team: six guys average between 8.6-12.2 ppg and they go ten deep. I love how Josiah Jordan-James and Julian Phillips are both top-20 recruits, but dedicate play to what's best for the team.

I LOVE sophomore point guard Zakai Zeigler: just 5'9, but a defensive menace and the type of confident true point guard UConn is missing this year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Any given day, more so than ever IMO

Reaction Score
Rather be blown out by 25 once than lose 6 of 8 though!
Touché, but in fairness they’ve lost 3 times by double digits this year, (including to the good guys.) Lots of parity this year in college bball.

pj

Reaction Score
Touché, but in fairness they’ve lost 3 times by double digits this year, (including to the good guys.) Lots of parity this year in college bball.

They haven't been in many close games, but the ones they've been in they've won, so are #45 in luck. Opposite to UConn who is #331 in luck per KenPom.

Reaction Score
Wonder how Alabama fans are taking that thrashing last night by near .500 Oklahoma….So how do you judge a team when it comes to losses? Some people say they would rather lose by 4 than 24? Not sure I agree….having many close losses can show that you can compete with anyone and you don’t takes nights off…..losing big like Alabama can mean a variety of different reasons… that either you lose mental focus during some games when you are down or don’t play hard throughout games… or can have cold shooting nights if you take a lot of threes….or just maybe you are not as good as your ranking if you are winning close games and losing big in your losses

Reaction Score
Went to Iona today with the kids I coach for a heck of a comeback win! Down 17 in the first and ended up winning by eight.

Tons of fun bringing fifteen players (they got to play in the court after the game) and a bunch of parents, everyone at Iona was super helpful and friendly!

BE8355AB-F299-4FB9-B554-176A00FC298E.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wonder how Alabama fans are taking that thrashing last night by near .500 Oklahoma….So how do you judge a team when it comes to losses? Some people say they would rather lose by 4 than 24? Not sure I agree….having many close losses can show that you can compete with anyone and you don’t takes nights off…..losing big like Alabama can mean a variety of different reasons… that either you lose mental focus during some games when you are down or don’t play hard throughout games… or can have cold shooting nights if you take a lot of threes….or just maybe you are not as good as your ranking if you are winning close games and losing big in your losses
I really dont get concerned over one blow out loss. Multiple losses in a short span is concerning. CBB is wild and on any given night some school can jump up and bite you. Im ok with that. Im not ok with poor play overseveral games leading to losses against teams you shouldnt be losing too.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Went to Iona today with the kids I coach for a heck of a comeback win! Down 17 in the first and ended up winning by eight.

Tons of fun bringing fifteen players (they got to play in the court after the game) and a bunch of parents, everyone at Iona was super helpful and friendly!

View attachment 83608
Do you remind the kids that basketball is a team sport, so they should proudly say, "Weona University" when they're on the court?

Reaction Score
Syracuse up 4 on UVA with under 10 to go. Mintz has looked good so far (throws the ball away as I type this)

caw

Reaction Score
Gosh darnit, Cuse just wasn't plucky or gritty enough today.

Fall to UVA and drop to 13-10. Good call by that recruit joining Team Boeheim for his 80th birthday celebration in two years as the nose picker begins his 55th year as a coach there. Hope he can get to 60 years as coach for them.

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the Iowa St - Texas Tech game? ISU had a 23 point lead with 12 1/2 minutes left on the road and lost in OT. 28 personal fouls called on ISU to 15 for TTU. That one has to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom