Week 1 Ranking of the NNBE | The Boneyard

Week 1 Ranking of the NNBE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
1) Boise State - amazing how Michigan State played close to its A game, Boise played its C game, on the road, and still almost won.

2) Louisville - Very talented team and Bridgewater is awesome, but this team is going to lose some games this year. The defense is very predictable. Lot's of blitzing, and the middle of the field is wide open.

3) South Florida - hard to tell, so I will leave them here.

4) Cincinnati - not playing moves them up in the rankings.

5) Rutgers - In some ways, the same old Rutgers. Huge advantage in talent is Rutgersed away against an inferior opponent. On the plus side, Schiano would have lost that game to Tulane.

6) UConn - blowing out a MAC team is starting to look pretty good.

7) UCF - we will learn a lot more this weekend.

8) SDSU - this team has potential. Not having a kicker is a big problem.

9) Temple - young, talented, will have growing pains but program is pointed in the right directions.

10) SMU - need a QB badly, but the rest of the team is not that bad.

11) Navy - this was supposed to be a rebuilding year, but that game was still pretty ugly.

12) Houston - Catastrophic loss. If I was the AD, I would tell Levine that I am not afraid to fire him after one season.

13) Memphis - one of the five worst teams in FBS.

Reaction Score
Looks about right to me.

For fun....I'd probably put Cuse behind Temple and Pitt in front of only Memphis.

Reaction Score
not sure Boise played it's C game...
I just don't think the experience is there with this team. Years passed I think they find a way to stop Michigan St. This year, they lost a close game. Much closer than the stats would suggest.

Give credit to the Spartans on the win. In the end, they are just a better team. I do think Peterson will have this team ready to compete next year in the BE.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I'd flip flop Temple and San Diego State and also flip flop UCF and UConn but that's just being nitpicky. I think Temple has a very good shot at being Penn State this year which doesn't necessarily say a ton but I think they're actually not going to be too bad this year.

UCF could be very good but you don't want to read too much into Akron. UMass could probably take Akron.

Reaction Score
1) Boise State - amazing how Michigan State played close to its A game, Boise played its C game, on the road, and still almost won.

2) Louisville - Very talented team and Bridgewater is awesome, but this team is going to lose some games this year. The defense is very predictable. Lot's of blitzing, and the middle of the field is wide open.

3) South Florida - hard to tell, so I will leave them here.

4) Cincinnati - not playing moves them up in the rankings.

5) Rutgers - In some ways, the same old Rutgers. Huge advantage in talent is Rutgersed away against an inferior opponent. On the plus side, Schiano would have lost that game to Tulane.

6) UConn - blowing out a MAC team is starting to look pretty good.

7) UCF - we will learn a lot more this weekend.

8) SDSU - this team has potential. Not having a kicker is a big problem.

9) Temple - young, talented, will have growing pains but program is pointed in the right directions.

10) SMU - need a QB badly, but the rest of the team is not that bad.

11) Navy - this was supposed to be a rebuilding year, but that game was still pretty ugly.

12) Houston - Catastrophic loss. If I was the AD, I would tell Levine that I am not afraid to fire him after one season.

13) Memphis - one of the five worst teams in FBS.

What's funny is that if you were to include Pitt and Syr, Pitt would probably be #12 at best... Syr showed some fight, but still failed to meet expectations. Maybe they come in at #9 or 10...

Reaction Score
SMU getting pasted by Baylor at the moment. Brutal weekend for the NNBE incomers (with the exception of UCF).

Reaction Score
I agree with everything here except louisville and boise. I think those two are very close with the edge to louisville just cause they won.

Next week will really start to separate things.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that by the year 2015 we'll have at least 25 teams.

We can then have our own top 25, with the top 24 going to a play off. This keeps our season going until the spring game with no other FB competition. (we tell the NCAA see ya)

The champion gets the NBC 4 TimeZone Trophy and we say screw the Big 5.

We'll be in front of congress for anti trust issues in no time but I say it's worth the risk.

Reaction Score
May I remind all you Losers what the Big East looked like in 2004.

Rutgers? UConn? Cincinnati? USF?

All were not very BCS worthy. And, all had really great upgrades since. I am not going to pay attention to the whining. Memphis? SMU? Houston? ALL could rise tremendously. Some have longer odds. I believe that the 2014 league will be far better than it looks today ... and I really care about UCONN>

Reaction Score
I guess you can't just slap the Big East label on a bunch of crap schools and hope everything will turn out ok.

Let's just add the entire Sun Belt and ODU and hope one of them gets into the Top 25

Reaction Score
I'd have UCONN number 3. I think we showed 20% of our offense last week and our QB looks legit.

P's record when he has a legit QB is excellent.

Reaction Score
I guess you can't just slap the Big East label on a bunch of crap schools and hope everything will turn out ok.

Let's just add the entire Sun Belt and ODU and hope one of them gets into the Top 25

The Boneyard is too easily brainwashed by ESPN. Just focus on the top half of the conference and its not so bad. That's what all the other conferences do. Of course ESPN will only focus on our bottom half.

I look at that list and see at least 6 bowl teams. Boise and Louisville can both finish in the top 10. Heck UCONN can finish in the top 15.

All conferences not named SEC have bad teams. Did we not beat a B1G team in 2003?

Reaction Score
I stopped worrying about the Big East when we bought back Temple and and added Memphis. This confederation is not worth worrying about. I only care about UConn.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I don't think there's a single person on this board who would consider 4 TO's, only 17 points and 90 penalty yards anywhere close to "A" game. That said, I'd still have them #2 behind UL.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's how I see it; was it a good week for the NBE overall? No, clearly not. However, we have a bunch....and I mean a bunch....of big time OOC games that we will have ample opportunity to show our stuff. And we will certainly need to show our stuff! Plenty of current Big East - ACC battles that we need to win the vast majority of, as well as some other big-time image-building OOC games (like Rutgers vs Arkansas). Week 1 sucked, but we'll get our shots over the next four weeks or so. We need to make good on those chances...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Here is a list of those matchups that I think are going to be pivotal in terms of our image:

UConn - NCState, @Maryland
Rutgers - @Arkansas
Louisville - UNC
Cincy - Va Tech
USF - Fla State, @Miami
Temple - Maryland, @Penn St.
*Pitt - Va Tech, @ND
*Cuse - USC, Mizzou

UCF - @Ohio State, Mizzou
Memphis - @Duke
SMU - Texas A&M, TCU
Houston - @UCLA
Boise State - BYU (if we add BYU, this game becomes a null set, but we would still rather Boise win it, due to the fact that they are our new flagship program)

(* Unfortunately, it seems clear that we will only receive partial credit for these wins and full credit for these losses...wtf!)

We've got to make most of these count!! And I would particularly love to see a sweep of the ACC, which would be sweet as hell. C'mon, boys!!!

pj

Reaction Score
*Pitt - Va Tech, @ND
*Cuse - USC, Mizzou

(* Unfortunately, it seems clear that we will only receive partial credit for these wins and full credit for these losses...wtf!)

Credit expands to cover the number of parties. We may get full credit for their losses but so does the ACC. If UConn beats NC State and Md, if Louisville beats UNC, if Cincy beats Va Tech, and USF beats Fla State or Miami, and Pitt and Cuse go 0-4 in those games (as I expect they will), then the ACC will get full credit for taking the Big East's worst teams off our hands, and the Big East will come out smelling like a rose.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
May I remind all you Losers what the Big East looked like in 2004.

Rutgers? UConn? Cincinnati? USF?

All were not very BCS worthy. And, all had really great upgrades since. I am not going to pay attention to the whining. Memphis? SMU? Houston? ALL could rise tremendously. Some have longer odds. I believe that the 2014 league will be far better than it looks today ... and I really care about UCONN>

The odds of turning 5 more turds into gold are not any less unlikely just because you turned four turds into gold.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think there's a single person on this board who would consider 4 TO's, only 17 points and 90 penalty yards anywhere close to "A" game. That said, I'd still have them #2 behind UL.

Pretty sure Boise had something to do with MSU's stats. That said, msu played aggressive and rolled up a lot of yards with few unforced errors. D'Antonio's teams are so physical that penalties are always part of the equation. The penalties were aggressive penalties, as opposed to sloppy penalties. MSU played very well Friday night.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Credit expands to cover the number of parties. We may get full credit for their losses but so does the ACC. If UConn beats NC State and Md, if Louisville beats UNC, if Cincy beats Va Tech, and USF beats Fla State or Miami, and Pitt and Cuse go 0-4 in those games (as I expect they will), then the ACC will get full credit for taking the Big East's worst teams off our hands, and the Big East will come out smelling like a rose.

That's absolutely NOT true, PJ! If yesterday's commentary from our idiot friend Rod Gilmore has proven anything, it's that the losses of SyraPitt count fully against us, as did the loss of Boise somehow, all on live national tv. He didn't mention anything about SyraPitt's losses counting against the ACC (likely on purpose). This is what we have to get used to, if we aren't used to it already. There is an agenda, and they are following it to the letter. Santini put a nice clip together of Gilmore going off on the Big East without mention to the ACC (I forget which thread it was on). It's worth a view if you don't believe what I'm saying, and then it will all become clear to you...

Reaction Score
Here is a list of those matchups that I think are going to be pivotal in terms of our image:

*Pitt - Va Tech, @ND
*Cuse - USC, Mizzou

Pitt and Cuse can not lose by enough in these games. I'm hoping for 40 - 0 USC at halftime.

Pitt and Cuse have been purchased by the ACC. The product is being delivered by boat and will arrive next year. If the boat sinks along the way the ACC still owns the lost property.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Pitt and Cuse can not lose by enough in these games. I'm hoping for 40 - 0 USC at halftime.

That's what your heart is telling you (that's what it's telling me too, by the way), but that is not what the Big East needs. And it's not what UConn needs. Pitt and Cuse winning their OOC games increases our strenght of schedule and does less damage to our league than losing the games does. I hate that that's how it is....but it's how it is...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this is going to work or not, but if it does, here is the video that Santini posted. It is on the Louisville versus Kentucky thread, and it shows you how the media is turning the SyraPitt situation against us:

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this is going to work or not, but if it does, here is the video that Santini posted. It is on the Louisville versus Kentucky thread, and it shows you how the media is turning the SyraPitt situation against us:

so you think when the new TV deal is being negotiated PITT and Cuse will somehow factor into the equation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom