Wear White if You Go to the Rutgers Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wear White if You Go to the Rutgers Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I kind of think the humor was a little dissonant. Normally a mom joke happens in response to an actual insult. In this case someone told a story and then he accused him of losing his virginity to his mom. Didn't compute.
When reading one right after the other it struck me as funny. Since the OP admits it was a fabricated story to begin with, I don't really get the hostility. Sorry I liked the joke, I obviously don't know you or your mother so wasn't intending any personal insult. I won't go into a long gripe about how the Yard used to be looser and funnier a decade ago when I first started reading it, but it was.

Reaction Score
I used "Lighten up Francis" in a post to Businesslawyer about 12 hours before you. I'm cool with your opinion but at least try and make it original.
Since you find that funny and I don't know you, your Mom's a fat .

LOL.

What's original about quoting from Stripes? It came out 25 years ago and I've probably used it at least a dozen times when someone's fragile ego can't handle joking on a message board. It probably read differently to you b/c you didn't see the two posts in succession, for me it was well timed.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
No ego my friend. I'm going to move on from the topic as it's obvious we're on opposite sides of the fence here as to what constitutes a "funny" post.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
formerlurker=Randy Edsall?

Both have big time issues with mets...has to be.

In full disclosure, I am a Yankee fan.

I wouldn't abandon ship under the cover of darkness like Randy though.

Reaction Score
When reading one right after the other it struck me as funny. Since the OP admits it was a fabricated story to begin with, I don't really get the hostility. Sorry I liked the joke, I obviously don't know you or your mother so wasn't intending any personal insult. I won't go into a long gripe about how the Yard used to be looser and funnier a decade ago when I first started reading it, but it was.

"looser" Now there you go! Why did you have to bring Mets' sister into this conversation?:)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
"looser" Now there you go! Why did you have to bring Mets' sister into this conversation?:)

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!! ;)

Reaction Score

The guy who married Mets sister was a former football player, he was in court getting an annulment a week after the wedding. He told the judge that he thought he was marrying a tight end but ended up with a wide receiver.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think Lurker is feeling a lot better now, after the Boneyard Comedy Club stepped in to help him out... ;)

Carpe Jokem! (seize the joke!)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Since you find that funny and I don't know you, your Mom's a fat .

LOL.

For what it is worth... I found the original post, a little tone deaf but obviously a (failed) attempt at humor. The quote above, however, is offensive, not the least bit funny, and does not belong on this board.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
For what it is worth... I found the original post, a little tone deaf but obviously a (failed) attempt at humor. The quote above, however, is offensive, not the least bit funny, and does not belong on this board.

After re-reading what I wrote and seeing your post, I completely agree.

I'd delete/edit it if I could and ask that a mod remove it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
After re-reading what I wrote and seeing your post, I completely agree.

I'd delete/edit it if I could and ask that a mod remove it.
Good call. Try to keep the conversation above the 7th grade level, please.

Reaction Score
I'd like to send a thank you out to everyone that defended my mother's weight!!!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Props to original poster and the random, unprovoked mom joke!

Reaction Score
To quote Jack Buck, "I don't believe what I just saw."

I'd love to say there is a good omen in all this, but damned if I know what it is.

Reaction Score
this would look strange at 12 noon at 99% of stadiums in america. but this at rutgers will look normal compared to all the other dumb things that state has to offer.
The players picked what game they want to wear the black jerseys and they chose the first Big East home game. They can't control TV times.

Reaction Score
What happens if it's 80 degrees and humid? Those black uniforms will soak up the heat like a sponge. Good thing your helmets are filled with cold, refreshing Diet Coke.

I.......I like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle