We were so optimistic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We were so optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's just a frustrating season.

One play turns Temple around. One play turns the first Cincy loss around. They show up for three more minutes vs Gonzaga and they bounce their skulls off the floor and win. And then all of a sudden we're not even having this conversation. It's all coulda, woulda, shoulda - but it's just been that kind of season. I think the team lacks chemistry - that much is obvious. But it IS an elite defensive team. And their losses haven't been awful, they've just been close - so in a way, they're kind of snake bitten. I'd also agree that the overall talent level on this team just isn't that high compared to the past. We've got about 4-5 guys who are just dudes who might do a thing or two well, but that's it. That or they just haven't developed.

The biggest piece missing is a good point guard. It'd be nicer to have someone who can really bang down low as well. I think next year with some more playing time - Enoch is going to be a god send to help Brimah down low and add in some size. I think Gilbert will be a huge addition to play off of Adams/Purvis/Hamilton... just inserting an actual PG and using a more polished Enoch will make a huge difference.

The other thing is there was just A LOT of overlap on this ballclub. Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton all those guys are scorers. Even Miller to an extent. It's hard to focus on one guy and make them the focal point. It's hard when you've been that focal point to move into a different role. So it's just been the kind of thing that hasn't figured itself out.

I'm not going to kill Ollie - even though this is def. a disappointing season. There's a lot of little things that have just kind of snowballed to create one *kind of* bigger mess. And in spite of it all we could still make the tournament and make a run haha. It seems every time we figure out the answer, they change the question. Just kinda gotta throw your hands up and roll with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom