We need one more QB. Richard Lagow is still avaliable... | The Boneyard

We need one more QB. Richard Lagow is still avaliable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I ain't saying, I'm just saying...

Reaction Score
BNich said:
Something along the lines of "they're sleeping up there." No Richard, the bus has just passed you by.

We need qbs here who are not scared of competition.

Reaction Score
Your point? Richard ran at the first sign of competition at UCONN and again at OK ST.

That's my point. We are in agreement. I don't want a QB who is scared of competition. He had his chance, if he stuck around for more that 2 minutes, he would have had a big opportunity to contribute. Oh well. Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
That's my point. We are in agreement. I don't want a QB who is scared of competition. He had his chance, if he stuck around for more that 2 minutes, he would have had a big opportunity to contribute. Oh well. Best of luck to him.
Ok got ya. Your original comment didn't really imply that. Sorry. I do agree!

Reaction Score
That kid Jake Hubenak is available also as I am sure a whole lot of other JUCOs. Just saying.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Rear-view_mirror.jpg

Reaction Score
Ok got ya. Your original comment didn't really imply that. Sorry. I do agree!

All depends on the competition and the coach. QB is different and coaches lie during the recruiting process. Terry Bradshaw tells the following story.

He (LA Tech/Steelers), Bert Jones (LSU/Colts) and Joe Ferguson (Ark/Bills), all Louisiana HS QB's, were being recruited by every major program in the south and southeast. I think Bradshaw was one year behind the other two. Three (unnamed) coaches guaranteed each of the three that he would be the starter and that he had no interest in the other two. What the coaches didn't know was that the three QB's were in constant communications throughout the process. The three had decided that they were not going to end up banging heads at the same place. All three were great in college and had solid (Bradshaw's was spectacular) pro careers as multi-season starters with playoff teams. Nobody ever accused any of them of avoiding competition.

Of course, it would be nice if the State of Connecticut could turn out three similar guys for us to fight over.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like the young man and think he would be in the mix for a starting job if he had stayed instead of leaving. I don't think Cisco college helped as they and his league played little in the way of defense which hurt his recruiting imho.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is Whaler bait all over this thread and yet it remains Whaler-free. Surprising.

BNich completely misunderstanding a post was pretty solid. Smart fella there.

Sportsart bashing Lagow is just tremendous. He's all about the players... except when whatever parents he's falling over don't like a player.

(Solid crew you roll with Pudge)

As I'd expect Jimmy threw out a fairly solid joke.

We explored the topic and made the jokes already as UCFBfan showed.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All depends on the competition and the coach. QB is different and coaches lie during the recruiting process. Terry Bradshaw tells the following story.

He (LA Tech/Steelers), Bert Jones (LSU/Colts) and Joe Ferguson (Ark/Bills), all Louisiana HS QB's, were being recruited by every major program in the south and southeast. I think Bradshaw was one year behind the other two. Three (unnamed) coaches guaranteed each of the three that he would be the starter and that he had no interest in the other two. What the coaches didn't know was that the three QB's were in constant communications throughout the process. The three had decided that they were not going to end up banging heads at the same place. All three were great in college and had solid (Bradshaw's was spectacular) pro careers as multi-season starters with playoff teams. Nobody ever accused any of them of avoiding competition.

Of course, it would be nice if the State of Connecticut could turn out three similar guys for us to fight over.
You may want to fact check that story. Yes, Bert Jones & Joe Ferguson competed against each other in HS but Bradshaw was three years older (at a time when there was only three years of eligibility) and if he had attended a higher profile school (such as Arkansas or LSU) there easily could have been a recruiting pitch to Ferguson and/or Jones that the QB position ill be vacant (as Bradshaw will have moved on to the NFL) by the time they are able to play.

Reaction Score
You may want to fact check that story. Yes, Bert Jones & Joe Ferguson competed against each other in HS but Bradshaw was three years older (at a time when there was only three years of eligibility) and if he had attended a higher profile school (such as Arkansas or LSU) there easily could have been a recruiting pitch to Ferguson and/or Jones that the QB position ill be vacant (as Bradshaw will have moved on to the NFL) by the time they are able to play.

Cut him some slack - @FAIRTIDES heard the story from Brian Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom