Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-some horde members are seeing it now, others are still blind at this point
-99% of this fanbase has had enough of this staff
-the players are quitting, they will always have our support tho
-the parents are fustrated, you also will always have our support
-we need to make sure as fans that the recruits know we are pulling for them and want them to be apart of this great family. please be outspoken and positive with them

as a fanbase, especially the diehards and lurkers here we all need to come together and make some sort of action that is viewable by all other fans, the media and most importantly the school/warde/susan. it needs to be massive and it needs to be done. more complaining and simple crys for hell wont do it. all that gets us is a fustrating year of sports. look what happened to cuse or bc. those fans took years of half ass crying about things until they had enough and started to truly revolt. they stoped going to games, tix sales down, donations etc. it took those fanbases years until they got hard core with it and finally are just now seeing change. i fear if we dont as a group put pressure on those higher up, considering the CF climate right now we could fall down the same path.

we need to come up with a serious message to put on display. i'm asking ppl here to give sugestion and lets figure this out. no Stop, this has to happen NOW. i'm thinking we need a 4 part plan
1) hit the media as a group. not ripping horde members, but non stop everyone needs to write all media outlets possible and keep driving home the issues.
2) fly flags upside down at our last home game this year. for those that go. for those that will not, mail your tickets to the ad with a simple message attached. the flags upside down will draw the small tiem fans to the movement.
3) lets pick a color for the pitt gam and all wear it. i'm thinking red is a pretty easy color. neither team reps it and its clearly seen
4) dont sit in your seats, everyone go to the score board area and stand for the game or maybe go to a upper section or something.

this is my idea but i'm sure there are better ones, lets here them and lets get something started. we can not hit jan 2nd with this staff in place. it would ruin everything this school has built the past 25 years. our fblall program is not far from off the cliff, lets save it. our bball program if there was ever time for another progrm to pick up this fanbase is now and were hurting, we can't let crapy fball effect our bball program from a media stand point. our baseball program built up and had a rebuilding year. the past year and a half has been extremely tough for us after a amazing 2010 on a whole. this schools needs us and it needs change.

Reaction Score
Riot the campus. Set on fire. Civil disobediance. Bring a little of Greece to Storrs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Riot the campus. Set **** on fire. Civil disobediance. Bring a little of Greece to Storrs.

no this needs to be serious. the school needs to see thousands taking part in this and know that if spring hits with the same staff, tickets wont be bought, fans wont be at games and we will not support the program. its NOW or this school issue could drag on for years. this is whats best for the school. a month or so of fans revolting is better than years of downward spiral to where this state never recovers and the fball investment we made years ago was a big waste. we can't let it get to this point, we simply can't.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I brought a little Greece to Storrs in the early 90's. Say hi, girls.

Giggity.

Reaction Score
How about we get the students to chant "PP needs to go" All kidding aside if we could get the students involved we'd be golden (no pun intended)

Reaction Score
How about we get the students to chant "PP needs to go" All kidding aside if we could get the students involved we'd be golden (no pun intended)

Post of the Night

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
it. U guys want 5 more years of bull crap football. Enjoy yourselves.

Reaction Score

it all starts with the students

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
With all due respect Dan, you're too all over the place. If you want to have an effective movement you need to keep it simple and singular to start with. The shotgun approach of trying everything at once only ends in confusion and insufficient execution.

I would also suggest staying away from the "harassing people" strategies whether it is the media, coaches, players, player parents of members of the athletic department. It serves to alienate the people you are trying to influence.

Next, look at what has worked for other programs and their fans potentially influencing hiring and firing decisions. My guess is that the results on the field are going to accomplish most of this for you already but I'm sure there are a few simple and elegant ways of communicating the dissatisfaction of the fan base on top of that.

My guess is that one of the best ways would be to coordinate some sort of cheer during the first quarter break or right as halftime breaks. Whenever the band isn't playing. Coordinate it like a flash mob. Get the die hards, the students and maybe even the casuals will hear about it via word of mouth. Make a clear message heard by the staff and the AD's office.

You have two weeks to prepare and execute. If you aren't able to accomplish anything by halftime, I'm going to call for your job and say you suck at calling plays. Best of luck.

Reaction Score
Fecundity it. U guys want 5 more years of bull crap football. Enjoy yourselves.

Step away from the bottle. Put it on the table now! Now grab your phone and go out on your front lawn. Now flap your arms like a chicken and go "buck gawk, buck gawk". When your neighbor comes out hand him the phone and ask him/her to call the Institute of Living and ask for the special sports wing.

They have special rubber rooms you can watch the remaining UConn games. You're gonna be OK. Say it after me...."I'm going to be OK"

Good luck.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Ill be just fine art. I give up. You sir, enjoy watching somethin u spend money on and invest time into go down the drain. U guys just dont get it. No one here has deep pockets or ultra connections to snap fingers at. So in order to do something u have to create a major noise. Posti g here and pickkng apart dez isnt going to get it done. Keep going for it tho and keep laughingit up.
Step away from the bottle. Put it on the table now! Now grab your phone and go out on your front lawn. Now flap your arms like a chicken and go "buck gawk, buck gawk". When your neighbor comes out hand him the phone and ask him/her to call the Institute of Living and ask for the special sports wing.

They have special rubber rooms you can watch the remaining UConn games. You're gonna be OK. Say it after me...."I'm going to be OK"

Good luck.

With all due respect Dan, you're too all over the place. If you want to have an effective movement you need to keep it simple and singular to start with. The shotgun approach of trying everything at once only ends in confusion and insufficient execution.

I would also suggest staying away from the "harassing people" strategies whether it is the media, coaches, players, player parents of members of the athletic department. It serves to alienate the people you are trying to influence.

Next, look at what has worked for other programs and their fans potentially influencing hiring and firing decisions. My guess is that the results on the field are going to accomplish most of this for you already but I'm sure there are a few simple and elegant ways of communicating the dissatisfaction of the fan base on top of that.

My guess is that one of the best ways would be to coordinate some sort of cheer during the first quarter break or right as halftime breaks. Whenever the band isn't playing. Coordinate it like a flash mob. Get the die hards, the students and maybe even the casuals will hear about it via word of mouth. Make a clear message heard by the staff and the AD's office.

You have two weeks to prepare and execute. If you aren't able to accomplish anything by halftime, I'm going to call for your job and say you suck at calling plays. Best of luck.

I was taking your post serious until the end. Funny. Have fun with art watching p.

-----------------------------

Years from now when this state sucks at fball and is in the mac just remember it could have bwen different if some fans decided to grass roots something movement wise and make a difference.

Uconn will not get a dime from me until warde makes a couple rhings happen. Is my couple hundred bucks in tickets and tshirts a big deal? No. But if other follow and something gets gokng then we can get movement. But that doesnt matter, fans here 4 years have cried about the acc and bc. Enjoy yourselves, when uconn fball tutns into bc fball and warde fucks up the bball profram all of u will be happy im sure.

Reaction Score
Apparently you have not been reading my other posts. I'm with you all the way. I was just having fun with you. PP needs to go and he needs to take GDL with him. NOW.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Ill be just fine art. I give up. You sir, enjoy watching somethin u spend money on and invest time into go down the drain. U guys just dont get it. No one here has deep pockets or ultra connections to snap fingers at. So in order to do something u have to create a major noise. Posti g here and pickkng apart dez isnt going to get it done. Keep going for it tho and keep laughingit up.

I was taking your post serious until the end. Funny. Have fun with art watching p.

-----------------------------

Years from now when this state sucks at fball and is in the mac just remember it could have bwen different if some fans decided to grass roots something movement wise and make a difference.

Uconn will not get a dime from me until warde makes a couple rhings happen. Is my couple hundred bucks in tickets and tshirts a big deal? No. But if other follow and something gets gokng then we can get movement. But that doesnt matter, fans here 4 years have cried about the acc and bc. Enjoy yourselves, when uconn fball tutns into bc fball and warde Fecunditys up the bball profram all of u will be happy im sure.

I was being serious until the last paragraph. A series of small gestures with limited participation has far less impact than a singular message with mass participation. I was also serious about not harassing people with constant e-mails or tweets or whatever. It doesn't accomplish the intended purpose.

Reaction Score

Good luck.
He should light himself on fire at the next home game. Run out onto the field, scream P must go, empty his flask of gasoline onto himself, and light the match. That will get him some attention.

Reaction Score
Ok guys. If you're serious, go buy about 5,ooo paper bags and hand them out outside the gates...or something along those lines. You need a visual impact that the media dolts will pick up only because they are afraid if they don't, their competitors might.

Reaction Score
If the players quit, they will never have my support.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I brought a little Greece to Storrs in the early 90's. Say hi, girls.

Giggity.
I was a little uncomfortable with that post until the last three words of the first line.

Reaction Score
I don't think we need to worry about getting a message across. The players are doing that on their own. I am confident Warde will pull the plug on P. He didn't hire P so there should be no desire to keep him around another year to try and make it work. Warde is a young man and he is a football guy. We will have a new coach before the end of the year. We lost to Western Michigan even though their QB got hurt, we were barely better than Buffalo at home, we lost to Temple at home, Warde's mission can not be more clear.

S

storrsbred1

The thing that gets the most attention the quickest is almost always economic. So, if one really wants to get someones attention, hit them in the pocketbook.

In this case, don't pony up money for anything, including tickets, this season or next, by game or season. Now some of you will talk about supporting the players. OK, well and good. The bottom line is: do you want a change or not? If you seriously do, then do it with economics. All the other stuff takes a lot more time and may not work. Whether it is countries or businesses or football staffs, change is quickest through economics.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That original media blitz some here put on is now working with another bad game. The fans raised issue, ppl read and watched. Now they are joining. Its time to take that blitz to another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom