We love you Jim Calhoun. We all wish you a speedy recovery. | The Boneyard

We love you Jim Calhoun. We all wish you a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All UCONN fans owe you a debt of gratitude for the amazing job you have done for making our hoops dreams come true. If you laid out the timeline to me in 1986 I would have never believed it.

I was a Northeastern Husky in 1985. I saw the home games on Campus when barely 500 would see your amazing run with all those teams leading up to Reggie Lewis and that teams run. I saw Uncle Cliffy led squad against Georgetown center court when all I bought was a nosebleed ticket. I saw Ray hit that shot over Iverson.... I also went to St Pete in 99.... I remember well.

Thank you for all these joyous sports memories. When you do actually hang em up I hope a statue sits in front of the house you helped build. Good luck and Godspeed Jimmy. We love you you tough ole hombre.

Reaction Score
F*uck all these haters. Jim Calhoun is a legend and JC is UConn basketball. Without him
UConn would be nothing! Thanks for everything and here's to a speedy recovery!

Reaction Score
calhoun is a connecticut and national god. end of conversation. get will soon jim.

Reaction Score
I want this post to have 10000 replies. Without Jim Caloun there is no basketball program, there is no D1 football program, we are still a regional program playing UMass and URI, without Calhoun the school is still considered an agricultural "hick" school. I'm not denegrating what the school was before Jim by any stretch but it was considered a rinky dink school. Now you mention Uconn to people anywhere in the county and the name carries weight. We owe all of this to Jim Calhoun, he made us a regional power, he made us a national power and he made us a three time champion and the entire University reaped the rewards. He's the most important person for the State of Connecticut in my lifetime. Coach owes us nothing as fans but let's pray for a speedy and healthy recovery, we really need him back.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
you're a tough old bastard. Look forward to seeing you back in good health.

Get well soon

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
JC, your success in turning UConn into a premier national program is amazing. Who would ever have thought years ago that Storrs would become a megalopolis of college basketball. Here's to many more years of coaching the Huskies. Get well soon.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't take a medical problem for us to realize how much we appreciate all that you have done for Uconn and all of the players that you have developed into fine young men.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
16 miles and 5 broken ribs couldn't keep Jim Calhoun from finishing his bike ride. For Charity. This sounds like it should be in a list of "Chuck-norris-ism's. Instead its one of the stand out reminders of Calhoun's toughness and kindness and its a story many don't even know about nationally. When all is said and done, I'll remember a lot of what happened on the hardwood, but this memory wont be far either.

http://www.coachjimcalhoun.com/coach/family

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Get well soon, Coach!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We know you're a tough Irish SOB and you haven't coached your last game at UConn! But that's not what is most important, your health and family are. Get better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom