We have a goose egg | The Boneyard

We have a goose egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Hadn't seen any previous 0 scores in the box scores though there may have been, but tonight Savannah State has provided a 0 in the second quarter of a demolition zone game with Florida en route to a 99-36 beat down. Along with an 80-28 FSU over North Florida game, a Miss St. 59-14 halftime score over Miss Valley, and an Illinois 60-21 half time against Tenn St. we are getting a great chance to see what OOC scheduling is all about.

Can't wait till the real season begins.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The more good teams, the better; who really likes 50 point games against nobodies?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
No 50 point game is fun unless it's against your hated archrival.
Easy for a USCar fan to say, with Clemson in state and UTenn in conference. Hard to know who UConn's hated rival is anymore. I guess the games against ND are the archrival games now even if the Irish aren't in the same conference.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
(Hard to know who UConn's hated rival is anymore.)

I realize that I didn't copy and paste from the previous post correctly but, hey, I'm old and technology challenged. It doesn't appear that UConn has a "hated rival" ever since TN withdrew from playing them.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Easy for a USCar fan to say, with Clemson in state and UTenn in conference. Hard to know who UConn's hated rival is anymore. I guess the games against ND are the archrival games now even if the Irish aren't in the same conference.

You fans really miss out by not having a hated in-state rival. Out of state rivalries are great, but don't compare.

Reaction Score
You fans really miss out by not having a hated in-state rival. Out of state rivalries are great, but don't compare.

There is no else in state but it doesn't mean we can't hate other teams, whether or not they are rivals. ND comes to mind, given time I'm sure other teams will qualify.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

It's interesting how rivalries come to be. In Michigan, the biggest rivalry the Wolverines have isn't Michigan State - it's Ohio State. I think very few Iowa fans would say that Iowa State is the Hawkeyes main rival, either.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
There is no else in state but it doesn't mean we can't hate other teams, whether or not they are rivals. ND comes to mind, given time I'm sure other teams will qualify.

The root of the bitter in-state rivalries is due to the fact that fans of the schools work together and often live next door to each other. You don't get that with out-of-state rivalries. In the case of Michigan/Michigan State, the lack of intensity in the rivalry through the years has likely been due to Michigan's domination of the football series and Michigan State's domination of the basketball series. I would think you guys could have a big rivalry with UMASS, especially now that they're FBS in football. Amherst and Storrs are pretty close to each other so I'm sure there are a good number of the other school in each state.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The root of the bitter in-state rivalries is due to the fact that fans of the schools work together and often live next door to each other. You don't get that with out-of-state rivalries. In the case of Michigan/Michigan State, the lack of intensity in the rivalry through the years has likely been due to Michigan's domination of the football series and Michigan State's domination of the basketball series. I would think you guys could have a big rivalry with UMASS, especially now that they're FBS in football. Amherst and Storrs are pretty close to each other so I'm sure there are a good number of the other school in each state.
This all can go sport by sport. And for a UConn WCBB intrastate rivalry, hell it could be Ivy League. Last year Princeton passed Rutgers as the top NJ team, and after Yale nearly knocked off UNC, though that credential is becoming a little less stellar nowadays, they may be a rising force. UConn hasn't played Yale in 22 years after it turned a 1-3 early record into a 7-3 slate, though Geno's teams faced them just that once back in 1993. But if the Eli Bulldogs can become like the Tigers, that would be a fun intrastate rivalry.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
For years UConn women played Hartford. Good series but I never considered it a rivalry as such, probably because of Hartford's coach being a former Huskie.

Reaction Score
Leghorn you don't know Ct. There are many young people to go to many schools in the NorthEast.

Just in my family, graduates of Cuse, New Hampshire, UConn,
Central Ct. University of Bridgeport (Moon U). UMass, Embry-Riddell Aeronautical University ( yah I know no athletics). Makes for fun during Holidays.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Leghorn you don't know Ct. There are many young people to go to many schools in the NorthEast.

Just in my family, graduates of Cuse, New Hampshire, UConn,
Central Ct. University of Bridgeport (Moon U). UMass, Embry-Riddell Aeronautical University ( yah I know no athletics). Makes for fun during Holidays.

True, but we're talking sports. I hardly see a vicious football and basketball rivalry between UCONN and UNH.

Reaction Score
For years UConn women played Hartford. Good series but I never considered it a rivalry as such, probably because of Hartford's coach being a former Huskie.

I thought a rivalry consisted between two schools that were tightly contested ( or not) that exchanged wins. Wining all games are not, in my mind, a rivalry.

Reaction Score
Way back when, in the Yankee Conference, UMass used to be the rivalry. Wouldn't work for basketball now. Of course in was great fun to play Rhode Island with the rude cheers about URI__.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hopefully we'll continue to play every year. It's still not the same as an in-state rivalry, though.
its better... national stage where your whole state can actually see how you stink an your in-state rival can laugh as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom