We get no love... | The Boneyard

We get no love...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you're not in a P5, you're often left off the list. This year we were left off the dance card.

Reaction Score
Making it exclusive to the P5 is pretty ridiculous. There can't be more than one or two teams to have a major bowl appearance and a Final Four in that stretch who aren't currently in a P5 conference.
There is exactly one such team, and their name is UConn.

Reaction Score
This is another example how media flunkies are working hard to rewrite history. Results are results. It's laughable that they would leave a true number six off that list. Additionally, I guess Boise State never actually beat Oklahoma, in fact in this writer's mind, Boise never played in the BCS bowl, because only current members of a P5 conference actually exist. It's all about creating the 'illusion". This writer is a dope (Did you see his response?).

Reaction Score
I'm sure he limited it to P5 because that was easier than doing more research. In addition to being too lazy, he also can't write: "And in fairness, yes, none of the latter’s came while it was a part of the Big Ten; in fact, all three came while the Terps were members of the ACC.."

That's one of the ugliest sentences I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
For his next article he's going to write an article about how no P-5 schools have ever won both the men's and women's basketball championships in the same season.

Reaction Score
I don't think too many people are surprised, and it's not about the AAC. It's more about building a P5 narrative through omissions. There's going to be a lot more P5-only rankings, P5-only stats, and P5-only story lines. The writer/editor could've chosen to write about the only "exception" that made it as high as six on the list, but that would have muddled the message.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
...and people wonder why we've recently missed out on prospects.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Mike Greenberg just did a bit on this, omitted Uconn and said UConn wasn't in a BCS bowl in the last 5 years when Michael Smith tries to correct him.

This calls for a full twitter war demanding an apology from the little twerp.

Reaction Score
Mike Greenberg just did a bit on this, omitted Uconn and said UConn wasn't in a BCS bowl in the last 5 years when Michael Smith tries to correct him.

This calls for a full twitter war demanding an apology from the little twerp.

The question asked on the show was - what 5 teams participated in at least one final four and bcs in the last five years.

UCONN fiesta bowl was six years ago.

Now, not sure why they limited the window to just five years, but the Uconn omission was appropriate.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Perception trumps results in many instances our current recruiting woes highlight this fact.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The question asked on the show was - what 5 teams participated in at least one final four and bcs in the last five years.

Now, not sure why they limited the window to just five years, but the Uconn omission was appropriate.
How you determined that 2011 was six years ago, I don't know. Perhaps you are just slow.

Reaction Score

UConn was in the 2011 Fiesta Bowl. Good god, how hard is it to look these things up?

Reaction Score
If they are going to count Louisville's appearances while in the big east, they should count UConn's too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
LOL In his defense even we all can probably admit it seems longer than 5 years ago.

Except he's a sportscaster who's lived in CT for 20 years.

Reaction Score

Math major at BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman