we controlled first 35 minutes | The Boneyard

we controlled first 35 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quite honestly a game we should have won…….no doubt. Some bad decisions and some real bad possessions……too bad UConn is better!

Reaction Score
Ya .. thought uconn had it. Boat had a great shot and then seemed lost and jammed

Reaction Score
Sucks to lose after controlling most of the game. Cinci seemed to want it more. They were more aggressive. Give them credit. Second half, only aggressive one we had was Bazz & he was off a lot of the night....

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Let's put that on a t-shirt.

Reaction Score
That was a choke and Shabazz played his worst offensive game ever airballing shot after shot when they had several chances to extend it. But end of the day Cincy got the W. I don't see this team collapsing down the stretch like this again. Our conference record is a joke so at this point I just want to get a 7 seed or better in the tourney. I think we'll be fine after that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It was 25 minutes of control. This game, much like Stanford was lost from the 15 minute to 5 minute mark in the second half. They nutted up and UConn folded.

Reaction Score
That was a choke and Shabazz played his worst offensive game ever airballing shot after shot when they had several chances to extend it. But end of the day Cincy got the W. I don't see this team collapsing down the stretch like this again. Our conference record is a joke so at this point I just want to get a 7 seed or better in the tourney. I think we'll be fine after that.

They didn't collapse. They were up by 5 with about 10 minutes left and didn't close it out on the road. Do you know how often that happens in college basketball?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This one is gonna taste bad. Cincy amped up the D when we got up 10 and then the points from Bazz, Giff and Kromah dried up.

And that last trey attempt by Bazz was agonizingly predictable. When he missed that was it.

Reaction Score
This one is gonna taste bad. Cincy amped up the D when we got up 10 and then the points from Bazz, Giff and Kromah dried up.

And that last trey attempt by Bazz was agonizingly predictable. When he missed that was it.
agreed. Cincy came out of the 12:00 timeout with an amped up defense that was extended and more intense.
and even with that, Boatright pulls the trigger on that last 3...? We'll never know.

Reaction Score
Boat spends 3 years not passing the ball to Giff...like ever and then sets him up for failure on the last shot. Pretty disappointing loss. 5-4 in conference? We really can only afford 1-2 more losses.

caw

Reaction Score
To me the change in momentum seemed to be the save under the basket by Boat. I don't know what he was thinking there. That was horrible. Even still no one Gould complain much about this game. Top 10 team on the road without Daniels and it's a 3 point game with 20 seconds to go. You have to take that.

Reaction Score
To me the change in momentum seemed to be the save under the basket by Boat. I don't know what he was thinking there. That was horrible. Even still no one Gould complain much about this game. Top 10 team on the road without Daniels and it's a 3 point game with 20 seconds to go. You have to take that.
Big time bonehead play. Well intentioned but that is one of the cardinal sins of basketball.

Reaction Score

They were on the sh itty end of the momentum by that point.

Reaction Score
The turning point in the game was the play where Kromah got rejected at the rim, Giff and Boat hesitated, the ball was deflected perfectly into our backcourt, and Kilpatrick threw down a vicious dunk and got the crowd into it.

Whenever that happened, you can say that we were in control before that, but Cincy was firmly in control after, even though it took them a few more possessions to actually take the lead.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That was an awful loss.

You can call a spade a spade and still support the team and hope they get better by March.

Bad losses happen to good teams. Tonight was one of them.

Reaction Score
Never felt like we controlled the game...up by 10 and 20 seconds later lead was at five. We had a 4-5 pt cushion only most of 2nd half, a couple bonehead plays & bad shots later we were down by 5. We played 5 guys in the 2nd half and got gassed & played like it.

Reaction Score
Also, there were some missed free throws at the end. I know they shot 70%, but they were near perfect shooting FTs before the end, and then we saw 3 players go 50%.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This game hurts because I felt like we had them on the ropes after the first half. I felt like Shabazz was going to drop the usual 12-15 points in the second half and we were going to win by 7.

What hurt more was watching us sink back into our panic time, 1-dimensional, 3-heaving offense.

Reaction Score
Have to say I felt that we were in control through the middle of the 2nd half or so…….seemed like the better team but the offensive wheels fell of and our guys didn't move the ball well at all. Again all hindsight but Giffey needs to get open, himself or plays run………

KO lit into him for not going after that blocked shot with more physical force huh? ……..he reached instead of throwing his body, agree with KO on that one!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
A loss that truly . And yet, it is encouraging to know that we could have easily beaten the 7th ranked team on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom