Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
@ECU
Temple
@BC
Tulane

Those are our four games left. I really believe we can beat ECU and Tulane. BC will likely be the difference maker. I really don't know what to expect from the Temple game as they are unpredictable, but I do believe 6 wins is well within reach.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Six wins is a pipe dream with this coaching staff and that lineup of games. We beat Tulane in the cold and probably no one else. I've watched this staff blow more calls and games in a half season than I can remember any other UConn coaching staff blowing in an entire career.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Six wins is a pipe dream with this coaching staff and that lineup of games. We beat Tulane in the cold and probably no one else. I've watched this staff blow more calls and games in a half season than I can remember any other UConn coaching staff blowing in an entire career.

ECU is on a five game losing streak. They are completely broken. We have a chance there. BC is awful too.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Doable??? I suppose anything is
My Cubbies just made it to the World Series - I've been a die hard fan since 1962 (7 yrs old)
But the difference is the coaching
In all honesty - under HCBD this team will continue to disappoint - IMHO

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
ECU is on a five game losing streak. They are completely broken. We have a chance there. BC is awful too.

Yeah, they're awful, but so is UCF. We've shown no ability to win on the road. And the teams we lost to, with the possible exception of Navy, are proving not to be world beaters as of this weekend's games. UH lost badly to 2-4 SMU. Temple will murder us if their win over USF is any indication.

You know what? We're just as awful as these other teams, so we can't look past anybody.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
@ECU
Temple
@BC
Tulane

Those are our four games left. I really believe we can beat ECU and Tulane. BC will likely be the difference maker. I really don't know what to expect from the Temple game as they are unpredictable, but I do believe 6 wins is well within reach.

I love the belief.

Alright. I'm back. We're going bowling, folks. Despite Diaco, we're going bowling...

Reaction Score
My Cubbies just made it to the World Series - I've been a die hard fan since 1962 (7 yrs old)
Congrats! Sox fan here rooting for the Cubbies to break their drought too. Theo can sure build champions..hell of a young core you have too.

Anyway, I think we split the last 4 and go 5-7. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 4-7 and we beat Tulane in a meaningless game. Hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score

I think all those fans in and around Wrigley Field destroys the whole MY Cubbies narrative you're peddling.

Reaction Score
I appreciate the optimistic post, but this team is dead. Nobody wants to see and you can't win games playing not to lose. That's exactly why they lost to 'Cuse, Navy, and UCF. I think the bowling discussion is a pipe dream, this team is broken and Diaco is the only one to blame. He's lost this team and he has already lost the fans. Today, he is officially on the hot seat. He should use that countdown ConFLCT clock to count down his time here. Unless he cleans house and brings in a new offensive coordinator, and moves on from the bend but don't break philosophy, his time here is limited. In my opinion, Diaco won't do those things, because he doesn't get it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the first time in 18 years I would say who gives a Shiite. If they run the table and can get a bowl we can all fool ourselves how wonderfully the program is coming along with 2 bowls in a row, when everyone knows the truth.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, if we're r e playing the Jim Carey Dumb and Dumber You're Saying There's a Chance game, Ms. Alba still has a chance with me.

Reaction Score

Hope you're wrong too but no way this team gets to six wins..
Diaco keeps saying that the 3-5 record isn't an indication of improvement, but reality is that the teams we play have all improved more than we have.
Offensive ineptitude and a continuing penchant for giving up explosive plays / long drives on defense have been an issue all year..
Think we hang in there with ECU and maybe beat Tulane in front of 5,000 hands in Hartford...
5-7 at best..

Reaction Score
@ECU
Temple
@BC
Tulane

It's a shame it has come down to this. This whole mess is embarrassing. I have given my loyalty to this team though out these last 6 years in the desert. This was to be a breakout year. Most of the time it's the players fault but not this time. I blame the coaching staff for the current state of affairs. The whole thing sucks and I am really tired and really PO'd. Tired of giving up My Saturday golf game. I'm flying to NC for the ECU game and I could care less for fear of being let down again. I have relatives to visit, otherwise I wouldn't bother. That's the sad part about all this. I am starting not to care anymore.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He should use that countdown ConFLCT clock to count down his time here.
Lol...ouch. I'm using that line.

I'm heading up to the BC game. I was really looking forward it. Each week that enthusiasm has been turning to dread. It's a game we can, and should, win. I'm not at all sure that will happen anymore.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol...ouch. I'm using that line.

I'm heading up to the BC game. I was really looking forward it. Each week that enthusiasm has been turning to dread. It's a game we can, and should, win. I'm at all sure that will happen anymore.

Got tix for BC too! I don't know anymore, so tough to get excited when you know things should and could be better.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yeah, they're awful, but so is UCF. We've shown no ability to win on the road. And the teams we lost to, with the possible exception of Navy, are proving not to be world beaters as of this weekend's games. UH lost badly to 2-4 SMU. Temple will murder us if their win over USF is any indication.

You know what? We're just as awful as these other teams, so we can't look past anybody.
UCF isn't awful. They beat ECU by 20 on the road.

OP is correct. It is doable. I think the BC game will feature a new head coach....for BC. Who knows what that means for the game.

Reaction Score
The problem is every team left on our schedule looks at us as a W. We could lose to all 4 of those games. If we are lucky, we win 2 maybe.

This staff is just horrendous. They don't have any feel for the game. They are chicken with their play calls. They go super conservative in the red zone. What the hell were those 6 QB sneaks on short yard situations? UCF saw those a mile away as did rest of us fans. On defense, we play soft and give up big yards. UCF QB had a ton of time all day to pick us apart. Would it kill us to blitz more often? The coaches are a joke.

It is pretty sad most of us just don't care anymore.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I don't see it. We struggle way too much on the road and against Temple for me to be even remotely hopeful for a bowl game this year. We're going full speed backwards.

Reaction Score
Pretty sad statement when I can honestly say I don't care anymore after 18 years. Win or lose, it just doesn't matter. This is another rebuild or we suffer indefinitely.

Reaction Score
@ECU
Temple
@BC
Tulane

Agreed, still within reach. And yes, if UConn loses to Temple, it would probably come down to the BC game if UConn wants to get to 6-6. But 6-6 may not get UConn to a bowl this year. And I do not like UConn's chances against BC. I would say the chances of UConn going bowling this year are 1 in 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom