We beat Notre Dame 3 years ago.... | The Boneyard

We beat Notre Dame 3 years ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
And each have new Head Coaches since that day.

I don't expect us to be ND but look at the direction their new coach has them headed and then look due South to see where ours has us pointed.

Reaction Score
Difference was they were not satisfied with 6-6. Nor were they impress with NFL pedigree ( Charley Weiss). UConn settled for what they thought was a safe hire instead of going for bold and daring.

Reaction Score
A former MAC coach brings Notre Dame back to the top. Warde is a MAC guy, where is our MAC head coach?

Reaction Score
A former MAC coach brings Notre Dame back to the top. Warde is a MAC guy, where is our MAC head coach?

We settled for a New England guy. Surprised it wasn't John Toner. Need to join the rest of the big time college football playing country.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yup. Yes indeed. The reason ND is back on top is because they "weren't satisfied with 6-6" and not because they get 4 and 5 star recruits every year regardless of season outcome. Also, another reason is because they have a "MAC head coach," and not one that won I believe 2 Big East championships.

Let me have Val Kilmer sing what I'm thinking...

Reaction Score
Yup. Yes indeed. The reason ND is back on top is because they "weren't satisfied with 6-6" and not because they get 4 and 5 star recruits every year regardless of season outcome. Also, another reason is because they have a "MAC head coach," and not one that won I believe 2 Big East championships.

Stars don't matter! Remember. That's what we've said for years here. Right? I mean we weren't just saying that because UConn got crappy recruiting classes. We just said in Randy we trust.

Turns out the recruiting "experts" knew more than Randy and the rest of the BY. And, yes ND recruits better players, but UConn failed to capitalize on beating the Irish and beating South Carolina and going to the Fiesta Bowl. Totally failed and that began with a piss poor hire when Randy left. The game has passed PP by.

Reaction Score

Charlie Weiss was getting four and five star recruits and they sucked.

Brian Kelly started out at Central Michigan. I would suggest going out and hiring the best Big East guy, but I doubt Butch Jones, and Charlie Strong would leave their current position to come here. Got it Chief?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Anyone who believes that we could have the same recruiting pull today as Notre Dame does in any given year, even with the victories that you have listed, is out of their minds (with all due respect, TDH). At Notre Dame, every one of your games (EVERY ONE) is on national tv. You get to play in front of 81,000 fans instead of 40,000, and you have a hundred years of history behind you. They make movies about that friggin' team!! And I haven't even talked about their coffers of money that they have at their disposal to steal someone away from Cincy like a Brian Kelly.

Trust me...I want Greg Lloyd to make that hit in my avatar every friggin' day of the week, but let's not confuse ourselves if we think they don't have immense advantages to us...

Reaction Score
Charlie Weiss was getting four and five star recruits and they sucked.

Brian Kelly started out at Central Michigan. I would suggest going out and hiring the best Big East guy, but I doubt Butch Jones, and Charlie Strong would leave their current position to come here. Got it Chief?

How about Butch Davis? He'd have us on the right path in no time.

Reaction Score
Anyone who believes that we could have the same recruiting pull today as Notre Dame does in any given year, even with the victories that you have listed, is out of their minds (with all due respect, TDH). At Notre Dame, every one of your games (EVERY ONE) is on national tv. You get to play in front of 81,000 fans instead of 40,000, and you have a hundred years of history behind you. They make movies about that friggin' team!! And I haven't even talked about their coffers of money that they have at their disposal to steal someone away from Cincy like a Brian Kelly.

Trust me...I want Greg Lloyd to make that hit in my avatar every friggin' day of the week, but let's not confuse ourselves if we think they don't have immense advantages to us...

Agreed, but shouldnt we be better than Temple and Syracuse?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

dont know if hes touchable right now. if he is by w/e measurement it is to take, im interested. i would go all out for urban right now. all out. the ncaa needs a letter saying why, i'll give them a letter.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just shows that between recruiting and winning is coaching.

ND never dipped that much in recruiting.

Apply that to our situation however you wish.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

I'm only 75% sure you're kidding, so here's a piece of his page from Wiki:

"In February 2012, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers hired Davis as a special assistant to newly hired head coach Greg Schiano. The terms of Davis' settlement with the University of North Carolina prevented him from taking a coaching position, and he was instead hired as an advisor to Schiano, who was the defensive coordinator under Davis at the University of Miami.[14]"

Reaction Score
dont know if hes touchable right now. if he is by w/e measurement it is to take, im interested. i would go all out for urban right now. all out. the ncaa needs a letter saying why, i'll give them a Fecunditying letter.

Urban... Meyer?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Agreed, but shouldnt we be better than Temple and Syracuse?

How is Temple and Syracuse relevant to how our situation compares to Notre Dame? (by the way, just for full disclosure, my answer to you is, "Yes. Yes we should be better than Temple and Syracuse.")

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Urban... Meyer?

yes sir. he has like a 5 year probation where if he wants to coach a bcs team that schools needs to write a letter saying they are sorry but we need him and i promise we will behave.

Reaction Score
yes sir. he has like a 5 year probation where if he wants to coach a bcs team that schools needs to write a letter saying they are sorry but we need him and i promise we will behave.

And he's going to leave Ohio State, his home state, and a $4million+/year salary for UConn, because....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Buddy he is coaching Ohio State. Seriously come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom