We are the least talented | The Boneyard

We are the least talented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was just listening to Van Pelt and Rusillo and they were talking about which remaining coach would winning the title mean the most for. They think it's amazing Coach Ollie has gotten us to the final 4 saying it's almost unthinkable that he could follow a legend this quickly and make it this far but it would be almost unfathomable that we could win it all because we are without a doubt the least talented team remaining. Man I wish we had some talent, we are doomed.

Reaction Score
Was just listening to Van Pelt and Rusillo and they were talking about which remaining coach would winning the title mean the most for. They think it's amazing Coach Ollie has gotten us to the final 4 saying it's almost unthinkable that he could follow a legend this quickly and make it this far but it would be almost unfathomable that we could win it all because we are without a doubt the least talented team remaining. Man I wish we had some talent, we are doomed.

We have the best all around player left (Bazz) a circus-freak athletic guard (Boat) and"un-guardable" wing (DD) and a 7 foot center who runs like a gazelle (Brimah). Sure sucks to have the talent we have. I am sure Wisconsin has a team full of NBA athletes.

I can't believe these guys get paid to do this. Unskilled? Maybe untalented? ridiculous.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Who was the last team to beat the overall #1 team in the land?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I hope this is what everyone is thinking.

I can tell who's not: Billy Donovan and the team who lost to us on a buzzer-beater four months ago.

Of the many teams who might look past us in this situation, UF isn't one of them.

We're not going to win this game because of a lack of respect. We're going to win the game by outplaying them on the court.

Reaction Score

I wouldn't say we're the least talented myself. Hasn't it been said the the #1 overall see Florida has no NBA players on it right now? If that's true, then how, might I ask, are we the least talented team in the FF? Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter.. we have the best player in the gym so we always have a chance to win.

Reaction Score
don't take anything svp or russillo say seriously, they really just don't know as much as they would like. they are just radio guys. they don't even know what basketball talent is, i've played pick up with russillo and he stinks.

Reaction Score
don't take anything svp or russillo say seriously, they really just don't know as much as they would like. they are just radio guys. they don't even know what basketball talent is, i've played pick up with russillo and he stinks.

last year Russillo said Boatright was better than Bazz and Goodman asked him if he was on drugs, lol

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Not discounting the rest of your post- I don't think Russillo is necessarily the smartest guy in any room- but because he stinks at pickup ball that means he isn't able to identify talent?

Reaction Score
Lappas said pretty much the same thing on CBS/TBS/TNT a couple days ago. Was hoping the staff recorded it and set it on a play loop in the locker room.......

Reaction Score
Not discounting the rest of your post- I don't think Russillo is necessarily the smartest guy in any room- but because he stinks at pickup ball that means he isn't able to identify talent?
it means he is not an authority on hoops. in fact his entire opinion on hoops is invalid . van pelt is just a joke, all about his personality. all those damn wing spot commercials, dropping drake references when he is old .

Reaction Score
It's all nonsense. No one has paid us any attention all year so no one has anything legitimate to say about the team. They know they've seen a guy named Shabazz on sportscenter highlights a few times, they know we have a young coach, and they know we're a 7 seed in the tournament that has beaten a 2, a 3, and a 4.

What's the easiest story to put together?

"They're a scrappy team (FRESH OFF A BAN FROM THE TOURNAMENT FOR APR VIOLATIONS), which has one great player named Shazam Nay-pee-yay (aka Kemba Walker, except he has no real chance of winning a championship), and are led by Kevin Ollie who sure has some great catch phrases (and is friends with Kevin Durant and LeBron! Wow!). They were lucky enough to beat an MSU team who had a bad night, but surely have no real chance against this powerhouse of a Florida team. UConn, coincidentally, was the last team to beat Florida but it was only because Florida (who has a team full of great players, unlike the Huskies) was missing it's point guard for the last 2:30. Wouldn't it be a cute story if these underdogs (get it? Cuz dogs??) won the championship?"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was listening to the show the other day, and they were going back to their picks after the Final Four had been settled. The reviewed their initial brackets, and the brackets they filled out after the round of 64. Between the two of them, in all four brackets, they had correctly picked 1 team in the final four (Florida).

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's all nonsense. No one has paid us any attention all year so no one has anything legitimate to say about the team. They know they've seen a guy named Shabazz on sportscenter highlights a few times, they know we have a young coach, and they know we're a 7 seed in the tournament that has beaten a 2, a 3, and a 4.

"They're a scrappy team (FRESH OFF A BAN FROM THE TOURNAMENT FOR APR VIOLATIONS), which has one great player named Shazam Nay-pee-yay (aka Kemba Walker, except he has no real chance of winning a championship), and are led by Kevin Ollie who sure has some great catch phrases (and is friends with Kevin Durant and LeBron! Wow!). They were lucky enough to beat an MSU team who had a bad night, but surely have no real chance against this powerhouse of a Florida team. UConn, coincidentally, was the last team to beat Florida but it was only because Florida (who has a team full of great players, unlike the Huskies) was missing it's point guard for the last 2:30. Wouldn't it be a cute story if these underdogs (get it? Cuz dogs??) won the championship?"
This is perfect lol

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Only players who flat out can't play can be first team All-Americans. Might as well call it worst team. Damn we suck.

Reaction Score
We have the best all around player left (Bazz) a circus-freak athletic guard (Boat) and"un-guardable" wing (DD) and a 7 foot center who runs like a gazelle (Brimah). Sure sucks to have the talent we have. I am sure Wisconsin has a team full of NBA athletes.

I can't believe these guys get paid to do this. Unskilled? Maybe untalented? ridiculous.

Let them think we stink! People thought little of UCONN in 2011 too. Check out this Bleacher report from 2011 entitled 5 reasons UCONN is destined for an early exit, LOL:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...5-reasons-uconn-is-destined-for-an-early-exit

Reaction Score
They said the same thing in 2011.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Like it but you went too far with the last sentence. That's unthinkable.

Reaction Score
it means he is not an authority on hoops. in fact his entire opinion on hoops is invalid . van pelt is just a joke, all about his personality. all those damn wing spot commercials, dropping drake references when he is old .

Van Pelt is a caricature. Why anyone would take his opinion seriously is beyond me. This team may be the least talented but lucky for us we have enough of it to cut down the nets next monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom