WCBB game results thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
  • First win Pittsburgh.
  • First loss Bucknell
  • First top 25 win OK State (against Lamar)
  • First nail biter ( (5 points or fewer) Florida A&M over Jacksonville
  • Last exhibition? Marshall over Bluefield [nope, several more left]
  • First uninteresting game Arkansas over Sam Houston
  • First upset ? Bradley over Illinois

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
#17 Nebraska doubling up UCLA at halftime 40-20. Jordan Hooper has 19 to lead Nebraska.

Other ranked teams in action today/tonight

#21 OK State 83 Lamar 56
Air Force @ #12 UNC 4:30
#7 Kentucky @ Marist 7:00
Charleston Southern (?) @ #22 South Carolina 7:00
#8 Maryland @ USF 7:00
St Francis @ #13 Penn State 7:00
Stetson @ #11 Oklahoma 8:00
SF Austin @ #15 LSU 8:00
#4 Tenn @ MTSU 8:00
Idaho @ #22 Gonzaga 9:00

Reaction Score
Would like to see Kentucky/Marist.

I upgraded my Direct TV to get SNY. I get a bunch of other sports channels but I don't see any WCB games on today or tonight.

Reaction Score
First upset ? Bradley over Illinois

Illinois committed 24 fouls and were outscored by 19 points at the foul line.

Coach Bollant likes to make a living with a ball hawking defense and turning
folks over. Looks like the new emphasis on hand checking is going to cause
that defensive scheme some problems.

It will be interesting to see if Kentucky has similar problems.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Bowling Green 63 Michigan 52 Chalk one up for the mid-majors
Ohio St 49 WVA 47 Barnburner in Morgantown

Reaction Score
Clemson lost by 20 to Davidson
Future AAC member Tulsa lost to Texas Southern

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Just realized Maryland has to play @ South Florida!

That may not be an easy game for them. USF plays tough.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Marist up early on Kentucky 16 - 12
USF up on Maryland 11-9

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maryland up on USF at the half 43-28

Looking at the boxscore, Maryland's starter have exactly 2 points. Based on the numbers, it looks like Brenda may have pulled her starters and played the bench.

Reaction Score
Wasn't someone claiming that UCLA could beat Stanford?
That was probable before they had those multiple key injuries. They will be lucky to finish in the top half of the Northern division now.

Reaction Score
Clemson lost by 20 to Davidson

I watched this game. Davidson shot in the high 60s from 3 point range and hit their foul shots. Hannah Early (20) and Shneeka Center (18) were 9 for 10 combined on 3 pointers for Davidson. Laura Murray (22) was 12 for 13 at the line. Clemson is going to have a rough season me thinks.

Reaction Score
Md up 4 with 40 seconds to go. We may be dealing with some angry turtles a week from now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yikes OK vs Stetson. 20-10 at the half. Glad I'm not watching that one.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
  • [ ]Last exhibition? Marshall over Bluefield [nope, several more left]
Nope - that's regular season (and I checked their web site to make sure). I don't think any of the "non D-1" opponents are exhibition; you can play outside your division for regular season, and a lot of folks did. FWIW, Rutgers did it a few years ago, played Kean in December.

The wins count to your record, except when the committee is looking at NCAA worthiness.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Would like to see Kentucky/Marist.

I upgraded my Direct TV to get SNY. I get a bunch of other sports channels but I don't see any WCB games on today or tonight.
You missed San Francisco (coached by legend Jen Azzi) vs. Fordham. Which I watched quite a bit of, a lot of 3 point shooting. Wasn't as bad as expected for a while.

There are a couple of games on tomorrow (Sunday) - a replay of the Ohio State / West Virginia game (I may skip) and Hawaii vs. Northern AZ, which I may watch to see Hawai'i. ESPU starts coverage at night.

Reaction Score
You missed San Francisco (coached by legend Jen Azzi) vs. Fordham. Which I watched quite a bit of, a lot of 3 point shooting. Wasn't as bad as expected for a while.

What channel was it on? So far the only thing I see on the Direct TV extra sports channels I get (besides SNY which will have the UConn games) is Channel 679 FSOK and all it says is Upcoming Women's Basketball. Once in awhile it shows a map and the games it says will be available in my area. Pretty sure it showed that the Villanova game was going to be available at 12pm est. I got nada.

As I posted earlier I did catch the Clemson/Davidson game but that was on the computer through Clemson's Tigercast website. Davidson is a fun team to watch.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Nope - that's regular season (and I checked their web site to make sure). I don't think any of the "non D-1" opponents are exhibition; you can play outside your division for regular season, and a lot of folks did. FWIW, Rutgers did it a few years ago, played Kean in December.

The wins count to your record, except when the committee is looking at NCAA worthiness.

Yep, good point, I forgot about that.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think I saw BC up 18-13 over Stanford, but it is now 30-18 Stanford, which means, if I saw correctly, the Cardinal are on a 17-0 run, at least.

Yikes, I looked it up and it was 18-13,. It got to 40-18 before BC scored. They gave up 27 consecutive points. That might be a record for a team losing at the time.

Over ten minutes without a point. Which does happen, but not usually to the team that was leading.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think I saw BC up 18-13 over Stanford, but it is now 30-18 Stanford, which means, if I saw correctly, the Cardinal are on a 17-0 run, at least.

Yikes, I looked it up and it was 18-13,. It got to 40-18 before BC scored. They gave up 27 consecutive points. That might be a record for a team losing at the time.

Over ten minutes without a point. Which does happen, but not usually to the team that was leading.

Lauren Engeln started at guard for BC and has 7 points at the half.

Jewell Loyd has 15 and McBride 13 at the half in the ND game.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What channel was it on? So far the only thing I see on the Direct TV extra sports channels I get (besides SNY which will have the UConn games) is Channel 679 FSOK and all it says is Upcoming Women's Basketball. Once in awhile it shows a map and the games it says will be available in my area. Pretty sure it showed that the Villanova game was going to be available at 12pm est. I got nada.

As I posted earlier I did catch the Clemson/Davidson game but that was on the computer through Clemson's Tigercast website. Davidson is a fun team to watch.
SNY, ironically. A double header with the Fordham men.

FSOK broadcasts some home OK games, however, you may not get them - if the time indicated for the program is "6 hours" you probably won't get it; 2 hours you probably will.

Use the search option on your DVR and enter "Women's College Basketball" "show" and you will get a list of all games.

While there are limited games at this time of year, I get upwards of 10 and up to over 20 games available a week during peak season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom