WBB History - semi-shameless self promotion - WBHOF articles | The Boneyard

WBB History - semi-shameless self promotion - WBHOF articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
A while back I mentioned I'd be back doing some writing (and earning a TON of money, as all writers about WBB do). Et voila, finally finished four pieces on folks going into the WBHOF. Michelle Edwards (Iowa), Yolanda Griffith (Sacramento Monarchs), Mimi Griffin (Philly/ESPN broadcaster), Jasmina (Jazz) Perazic (Maryland).

They're being rolled out now over at Full Court, Edwards being the first.

Hoping to speak with Charlotte West (SIU AD) and Lin Dunn... and might squeeze some stuff in from the '76ers....

If you're interested:

http://www.fullcourt.com/wnba/24887...-fame-class-2014-michelle-edwards-miracle-ice

Reaction Score
A while back I mentioned I'd be back doing some writing (and earning a TON of money, as all writers about WBB do). Et voila, finally finished four pieces on folks going into the WBHOF. Michelle Edwards (Iowa), Yolanda Griffith (Sacramento Monarchs), Mimi Griffin (Philly/ESPN broadcaster), Jasmina (Jazz) Perazic (Maryland).

They're being rolled out now over at Full Court, Edwards being the first.

Hoping to speak with Charlotte West (SIU AD) and Lin Dunn... and might squeeze some stuff in from the '76ers....

If you're interested:

http://www.fullcourt.com/wnba/24887...-fame-class-2014-michelle-edwards-miracle-ice
Excellent article. Can't wait to read the rest.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Great article.

Ice is a class act. At the WNIT final, she kindly added my wife and myself to the guest list (only way to see game). Similarly, I remember her helping with guest list issues at NCAA tournament games several times in the past (not for us in those cases, we traveled with someone on the list). And always a nice hello, even though she "really" doesn't know us and others personally, just that we are / were regular fans.

AllAmerRedHeads

Barnstorming America author
Reaction Score
h a d "I c e " o v e r m y h o u s e o n c e w h e n s h e w a s w or k i n g o n a d o c u m e n t a r y . g r e a t p e r s o n

a n y o n e e l s e h a v e t r o u b l e w i t h o n l y 1 s t l e tt e r s h o w i n g o F e a c h w o r d a n d t h e n s k i p i n g a s p a c e ??

i t o n l y h a p p e n s o n b o n e y a r d

JS

Reaction Score
So what....I don't understand why some persons act as they do on forums.Seems some have a better/smarter than you attitude.
I don't understand either. Take you, for example.

What's with the hostility and the better/smarter stuff?

Are you Izzy Mandelbaum?

AllAmerRedHeads

Reaction Score
So what....I don't understand why some persons act as they do on forums.Seems some have a better/smarter than you attitude.
not sure if that was directed my way but now that my system is working better, id like to comment.

Im better than no one.. my kids will confirm that. there are some on this board that are very involved in writing and other things. many not for money but out of love for the game. i appreciate when they drop names etc because if im working on something i now know they may have a contact

mechelle has a passion for the history. i did post that. i have posted other things from time to time. that has often had someone contact me asking for assistance.

im too much of an introvert to think im better than others. if anything i have the opposite feeling of myself.

JS

Reaction Score
For those who don't know, AllAmerRedHeads is John Molina, a dedicated historian of women's basketball.

Because I know John is a humble and modest guy, here's a little light reading about him.

John, I'm sorry you felt the need even to respond to a post that was completely out of line.

Good thread to highlight the work of two of our accomplished Boneyarders who have contributed a lot to the lore of the game.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
But wait, there's MORE: Women's Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2014: Mimi Senkowski Griffin -- A love affair with the game

“I grew up on Big 5 basketball in Philadelphia. It was religion in our family,” explained Griffin. “My grandmother played back in the day when they had cages around the court. They played in bloomers and guys weren’t allowed in the gym.” At six-feet, Griffin's mother Anne, played for Little Flower High School in the Philadelphia Catholic League, considered the elite of girls’ basketball. “She told us that their coach would call her ‘the point,’ but not in terms that we would recognize it. She said it was because he would tell the rest of the team that ‘the point’ was to ‘Get the ball to Anne!’”

Reaction Score
not sure if that was directed my way but now that my system is working better, id like to comment.

Im better than no one.. my kids will confirm that. there are some on this board that are very involved in writing and other things. many not for money but out of love for the game. i appreciate when they drop names etc because if im working on something i now know they may have a contact

mechelle has a passion for the history. i did post that. i have posted other things from time to time. that has often had someone contact me asking for assistance.

im too much of an introvert to think im better than others. if anything i have the opposite feeling of myself.

Misunderstood your entry..thought last sentences were negatives directed at ThisJustin.

AllAmerRedHeads

Reaction Score
Not sure what was understood, but I have nothing but the greatest of respect for ThisJustin and anyone else that has taken extra time out of their own personal lives to do something that helps promote womens basketball. DishnSwish, Philster and others as well as Nan and everyone that runs fan boards like the Boneyard.

I know the time and dedication it takes, and often much money out of our own pockets and time away from family and those we love. I believe in what we do and that it has had a positive impact in the game that brings us all to the same blog.

Peace..

Reaction Score
Not sure what was understood, but I have nothing but the greatest of respect for ThisJustin and anyone else that has taken extra time out of their own personal lives to do something that helps promote womens basketball. DishnSwish, Philster and others as well as Nan and everyone that runs fan boards like the Boneyard.

I know the time and dedication it takes, and often much money out of our own pockets and time away from family and those we love. I believe in what we do and that it has had a positive impact in the game that brings us all to the same blog.

Peace..
By all means,Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member