Want a Chuckle ? | The Boneyard

Want a Chuckle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is one analyst's take on where Conference Realignment is headed. Please keep in mind that this is from a Maryland fan, so this might help understand his wet dream for the BIG. It is funny, imo

http://saturdayblitz.com/2014/07/07/conference-realignment-future/

I agree it's funny, all right. If the Big Ten is going to pick up a school from the northeast, it will clearly be UConn. They are ahead of BC and Syracuse in athletics, popularity in New York and New England markets, and in the academics the Big Ten values.

The SEC moves make sense somewhat, grabbing Virginia and North Carolina markets.

But if the ACC gets decimated as predicted, I can't imagine that schools like BC, Syracuse, and Pittsburgh escaping, while UNC and even UVa get stuck. And by then, Coach Krzyzewski will be gone, so his phony loyalty to the ACC wouldn't keep Duke in the ACC (although I don't know where they would end up).

Reaction Score
Syracuse and UConn moving to the is a pair that few mentioned. Both do not have AAU (with Syracuse leaving) but both have good academics and great academic programs. Pitt is in their class, but then there is Penn State. The ACC might allow Syracuse go to keep the Big Ten going after Virginia, UNC, Duke, VT and FSU. I believe it is at least reasonable conjecture that moving down south for the Big Ten is perhaps "A bridge too far." If there is truly is a lull of several years, let's see what Buffalo can do to get into contention.

Reaction Score
The B1G doesn't want SU, Louisville, BC and Pitt (in the world according to Newark) and UNC, ND, UVA and Duke are content to stay in the ACC. Therefore, the ACC is stable.

The B1G should look at Kansas and Mizzou, as former OSU president Gee suggested they do.

Reaction Score
It will never happen, but the level of implosion on this board if the Big Ten literally takes every single FBS school surrounding UConn without picking up UConn itself...that would be quite epic.

Reaction Score
It will never happen, but the level of implosion on this board if the Big Ten literally takes every single FBS school surrounding UConn without picking up UConn itself...that would be quite epic.

That article was as much of a waste of time as you are. Why don't you crawl back in the hole from which you came, tool!

Reaction Score
The B1G doesn't want SU, Louisville, BC and Pitt (in the world according to Newark) and UNC, ND, UVA and Duke are content to stay in the ACC. Therefore, the ACC is stable.

The B1G should look at Kansas and Mizzou, as former OSU president Gee suggested they do.
According to "Newark?"....I would guess even CoastA ain't that dumb....SU or Pitt would've jumped if the B1G snapped their finger and if you think the B1G would EVER consider "L'ville" you're not worth listening too....what are you 15? I won't even click on that ridiculous fantasy(according to the sensible on this board).BC as long as the B1G wants ND is their only hope.

Reaction Score
We call this stuff.."The Book of Kook"

Started with the Dude, carried on by MH VER and any kook who wants to blog.

From the archives of the Book of Kook:

Two years ago...the Dude posted this kookism

Posted: 7/9/2012 9:22 AM

Re: Big 12 Expansion Thread Ocho---The Vth B...BOOTY!

theDude-2.jpg

"Last week there was talk in NC that WV is considering a
move that would take their Olympic sports to the ACC and keep their football in
the Big 12."

Reaction Score
According to "Newark?"....I would guess even CoastA ain't that dumb....SU or Pitt would've jumped if the B1G snapped their finger and if you think the B1G would EVER consider "L'ville" you're not worth listening too....what are you 15? I won't even click on that ridiculous fantasy(according to the sensible on this board).BC as long as the B1G wants ND is their only hope.
Hey Nick, is snapping a finger akin to clapping a hand? ;) I knew I was entitled to stop reading as soon as I saw his first move was Syracuse and B.C. to the B1G but averting one's gaze once they've glimpsed the wreck can be more challenging than scaling Mt. Midoriyama, and I admit I remained in Stupidville for the rest of that nonsense. Through all of his extended ridiculousness, though, he never topped his initial bc/cuse brainfart.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Syracuse and UConn moving to the is a pair that few mentioned. Both do not have AAU (with Syracuse leaving) but both have good academics and great academic programs. Pitt is in their class, but then there is Penn State. The ACC might allow Syracuse go to keep the Big Ten going after Virginia, UNC, Duke, VT and FSU. I believe it is at least reasonable conjecture that moving down south for the Big Ten is perhaps "A bridge too far." If there is truly is a lull of several years, let's see what Buffalo can do to get into contention.

Adding the Syracuse vs UCONN rivalry would be a good move by any conference. Syracuse fans are deeply bothered by UCONN still winning national championships despite the conference handicap and UCONN fans are deeply bothered that friggin' Syracuse (this also applies to Rutgers...sorry Nicky) found a P5 home and we haven't. But it appears that preserving rivalries is one of the last things considered in this wacky world of CR.

Reaction Score
The UAB vs Southern Miss battles on ACC/ESPN Network will be primetime mega ratings giants.
Yeah they can market it as the battle for Billies Joe's memorial and Talahatchee Bridge brawl....I hope the brakes on the ol pickup truck are in working order...that boy never had a lick of sense anyways!! Seems like nothin ever comes to no good up here on Choctaw ridge...and then Billie Joe MacAlister jumped off the Talahatchee bridge !!

Reaction Score
Adding the Syracuse vs UCONN rivalry would be a good move by any conference. Syracuse fans are deeply bothered by UCONN still winning national championships despite the conference handicap and UCONN fans are deeply bothered that friggin' Syracuse (this also applies to Rutgers...sorry Nicky) found a P5 home and we haven't. But it appears that preserving rivalries is one of the last things considered in this wacky world of CR.
No biggie....you know my feelings on that and fair play. I feel and did immediately no joy in you're pain(although too many did)...I sensed too much joy from a couple of the privates though. When you guys are in I'll feel better but I'll never forget the way some take joy in others pain?

Dooley

Reaction Score
No biggie....you know my feelings on that and fair play. I feel and did immediately no joy in you're pain(although too many did)...I sensed too much joy from a couple of the privates though. When you guys are in I'll feel better but I'll never forget the way some take joy in others pain?

And you know my feeling (I agree that RU needed to be added first to secure larger cable boxes and football recruiting...but the NYC domination isn't complete without UCONN). Just Cap'n Obvious being Capn Obvious. I just wished all of these conferences would stop the painstakingly long and drawn out process of adding a few schools at a time and just go for the gusto. Better yet, just split off into a D4 already and hold a draft. Send out a list of minimum requirements to play D4 and allow every school a chance to enter the draft. Top 70-80 schools get drafted and sorted by region into an appropriate conference. Done.

Reaction Score
Hey Nick, is snapping a finger akin to clapping a hand? ;) I knew I was entitled to stop reading as soon as I saw his first move was Syracuse and B.C. to the B1G but averting one's gaze once they've glimpsed the wreck can be more challenging than scaling Mt. Midoriyama, and I admit I remained in Stupidville for the rest of that nonsense. Through all of his extended ridiculousness, though, he never topped his initial bc/cuse brainfart.
Yeah seems that article was similar to that ringing endorsement sign in Yankee stadium that Cuse fan's are so proud of and it don't take much imagination to see the fine print!! Paid for by........lol.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Yeah seems that article was similar to that ringing endorsement sign in Yankee stadium that Cuse fan's are so proud of and it don't take much imagination to see the fine print!! Paid for by...lol.

Poor Syracuse. They have to spend millions to say the same thing UCONN can say for free just by beating Michigan State.

Reaction Score
Dooley, might I suggest that you should have ended that sentence containing "friggin Syracuse" with just "by friggin Syracuse"?

Reaction Score
And you know my feeling (I agree that RU needed to be added first to secure larger cable boxes and football recruiting...but the NYC domination isn't complete without UCONN). Just Cap'n Obvious being Capn Obvious. I just wished all of these conferences would stop the painstakingly long and drawn out process of adding a few schools at a time and just go for the gusto. Better yet, just split off into a D4 already and hold a draft. Send out a list of minimum requirements to play D4 and allow every school a chance to enter the draft. Top 70-80 schools get drafted and sorted by region into an appropriate conference. Done.
Yeah I agree...we all know how it has to play out but the time spent waiting plays havoc on recruiting AND perception and sets those still waiting too far back behind the 8 ball. And not many can AFFORD to play the waiting game!! I think in your case though its(justice) coming VERY soon but that doesnt help guys like us stressing and gives some of these troll's a soapbox to school us yankee fools on what we've done wrong! Say what? lol

Reaction Score
Yeah they can market it as the battle for Billies Joe's memorial and Talahatchee Bridge brawl....I hope the brakes on the ol pickup truck are in working order...that boy never had a lick of sense anyways!! Seems like nothin ever comes to no good up here on Choctaw ridge...and then Billie Joe MacAlister jumped off the Talahatchee bridge !!

Oh Gawd.....like the concrete jungles and festering urban sewers of Guidoville NJ.

Where you can tell the bride because she is the one wearing a clean wife beater....where there are only two pall bearers because a garbage can only has two handles...

Yuck, yuck...love the stereoypical humor.

Reaction Score
But us southerners do have some "southernism's" that may be apropos for this board.

"Don't itch where you can't scratch" Granny used to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom