Walking Dead Season 5 second half | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 5 second half

Reaction Score
Why? If she's that smart, she knows she needs them.

Why does she need them? Based on her interviews with them, maybe she knows that if she gets rid of Rick and Daryl, the others become nice law abiding contributing members of their little society.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why does she need them? Based on her interviews with them, maybe she knows that if she gets rid of Rick and Daryl, the others become nice law abiding contributing members of their little society.
She needs some muscle in her group. They are very weak. Personally I don't think they realize how weak they are. Rick's Gang does though.

Based on her interviews with them, maybe she knows that if she gets rid of Rick and Daryl, the others become nice law abiding contributing members of their little society.
Oh, just Rick and Daryl. Making Rick a Constable is a pretty weird way to get rid of him though huh??? Besides from what her husband said, she would realize how much the group thinks of Rick. Anybody who would do anything to Rick (or Daryl) wouldn't get along very well with the rest of the group.

Of course there's a possibility that's their plan. But I think they might be smarter than to try that.

Reaction Score
She needs some muscle in her group. They are very weak. Personally I don't think they realize how weak they are. Rick's Gang does though.

Oh, just Rick and Daryl. Making Rick a Constable is a pretty weird way to get rid of him though huh??? Besides from what her husband said, she would realize how much the group thinks of Rick. Anybody who would do anything to Rick (or Daryl) wouldn't get along very well with the rest of the group.

Of course there's a possibility that's their plan. But I think they might be smarter than to try that.
So far the show hasn't operated with secret agendas, more towards overly obvious villains and heroes and until now they haven't really explored the gray area of Rick's group. Yes they've beat 'what should their ethics be' to death, but other than solitary survivors and small groups we haven't seen Rick's group pitted against a bunch of innocents as in this case. So unlikely diabolical plan from Alexandrians, very likely EVIL outside and then we explore to what extent Rick's group brings the evil necessary to defend into the interior of Alexandria.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So far the show hasn't operated with secret agendas, more towards overly obvious villains and heroes and until now they haven't really explored the gray area of Rick's group. Yes they've beat 'what should their ethics be' to death, but other than solitary survivors and small groups we haven't seen Rick's group pitted against a bunch of innocents as in this case. So unlikely diabolical plan from Alexandrians, very likely EVIL outside and then we explore to what extent Rick's group brings the evil necessary to defend into the interior of Alexandria.
Yea, that sounds about right. Would be more in line with the comics too. Right now, it's becoming Rick's group are the bad guys. Or at least some of them. There could be a split there too....before the evil outside arrives. Looks like the first outside they'll have to deal with is The Wolves (come in sheep's clothing?).

Reaction Score
Yea, that sounds about right. Would be more in line with the comics too. Right now, it's becoming Rick's group are the bad guys. Or at least some of them. There could be a split there too....before the evil outside arrives. Looks like the first outside they'll have to deal with is The Wolves (come in sheep's clothing?).
I hope they don't do bad with Carol again as that's repetitive. There was a real chance that Carol immediately shot that kid or can/should decide to dispose of him - but exploring that is too severe as their gun hiding contingency simply isn't worth that level of risk. If/when they needed guns badly they know they could break the stupid window and grab them from inane supply babysitting lady. With such a docile population they don't really need a No Firearms in Big Whiskey policy anyway.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
My heart was broken TWICE yesterday...once when the men lost to SMU & again when the walkers got Noah. Never saw it coming & was devastated! I thought Aidan would be the end of the carnage in last night's episode, but NOPE! I didn't mind when he got chowed...he was such a DB & admitted killing those 4 people in their group. Not much of a loss. Course I expect the --IT will really hit the fan when Glen gets back & has to tell Deanna that her son was killed, especially after her conversation with Gabriel (speaking of DBs). How many times did Rick's group save his sorry ?

The one bright light in last night's episode was Eugene. He was the HERO! Way to go Eugene!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My heart was broken TWICE yesterday...once when the men lost to SMU & again when the walkers got Noah. Never saw it coming & was devastated! I thought Aidan would be the end of the carnage in last night's episode, but NOPE! I didn't mind when he got chowed...he was such a DB & admitted killing those 4 people in their group. Not much of a loss. Course I expect the --IT will really hit the fan when Glen gets back & has to tell Deanna that her son was killed, especially after her conversation with Gabriel (speaking of DBs). How many times did Rick's group save his sorry ?

The one bright light in last night's episode was Eugene. He was the HERO! Way to go Eugene!
Yea, the Noah death took me by surprise too. I figured Aiden got eaten and that would be enough drama for when they got back. NOW, both sides (Rick's gang and the Alexandria people) are gonna be pissed. When Rick (and Carol) find out what Abraham had to do, and what Glenn and Eugene had to do while the Alexandria people chickened out, they're gonna trust these people even less. And with what Gabriel told Deanna, though I think right now she might think he's kinda lost it, she's gonna have some major doubts about having let them in, and given them authority. Besides the fact Rick told her it was a mistake to let them in to start with.

Wonder how Michonne is gonna feel about this? I think Glenn will now side with Rick and Carol on a take over, but not sure about Michonne yet. Looks like they won't have Daryl around to help either for a bit. Hope we get Daryl and Aaron out and about next episode some. That could be interesting if they run across the Wolves.

Some cool things from last nights episode. Glenn gets saved by someone distracting walkers while driving by like he did back in Season 1 (Guts). Not as cool a vehicle though. First time Glenn has lost people when he led a supply run. (well maybe you could count Meryl) Abraham finally has a mission again and looks and acts much better. Liked how Carol, after losing Sophia, Lizzie and Nika, doesn't want to take on any more kids. But also liked how she recognized the spousal/child abuse that she had gone through. Gabriel saying Satan comes as the Angel of Light, talking about Rick's group, while as a priest/minister he is the most Angel of Light and really has done one of the worst things. Also liked how conflicted he is about getting a new congregation, since he didn't do real well by his last one. (similar to Carol getting a new child to look after)

Nice Eugene had to save Tara, since she was one of the only one's he really trusted. Would he have come through for anyone else?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I think the producers know where they're bread is buttered. Daryl, Rick and Michone aren't going anywhere. The second tier is Carl, Carol, and maybe Maggie. I think Noah is next to go. Then Abraham... Glenn maybe, but I think they are going to keep him on longer.
Boom!

Sad to see him go though.

Damn. I think Aiden's buddy is a bigger doosh then he was - was hoping that Glenn would finish him off but this way there will be conflicting stories coming back on what went down and will add to Deanna's perceived dilemma.

Eugene finally grew a sack.

Father Gabriel I think will survive this and finally pledge allegiance to Rick once he sees what's coming down the pike.

Reaction Score
I liked how Carol's menacing, uh whoops idle threats simply resulted in doubling cookie demand. Feel bad for Noah, but he isn't alone in dropping out after the first day of architecture school and watching him construct buildings wasn't on my must-see list. Likewise it was subtle how the Nicholas guy tried to run rather than save Aidan, fed Noah to the zombies and then tried to carjack Eugene. Did he just get scared or are they saying he's a coward?

Where is Dr. Drunk getting all the beers from? Wouldn't even this community get a little antsy when he continually trades his kids food tokens for twelve packs and brings 75 cans every recycling Sunday? He probably has no choice since they at least closely monitor the communities' stashes of oxycontin and morphine.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I wondered where Pete was getting all the booze from too...maybe that's how he's paid?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I liked how Carol's menacing, uh whoops idle threats simply resulted in doubling cookie demand. Feel bad for Noah, but he isn't alone in dropping out after the first day of architecture school and watching him construct buildings wasn't on my must-see list. Likewise it was subtle how the Nicholas guy tried to run rather than save Aidan, fed Noah to the zombies and then tried to carjack Eugene. Did he just get scared or are they saying he's a coward?
I'm thinking most of them are a bit cowardly.

Where is Dr. Drunk getting all the beers from? Wouldn't even this community get a little antsy when he continually trades his kids food tokens for twelve packs and brings 75 cans every recycling Sunday? He probably has no choice since they at least closely monitor the communities' stashes of oxycontin and morphine.
Being the resident Dr, he probably monitors the stash of oxycontin and morphine. And being the only Dr, he probably has a lot of leeway. We'll see how much, i.e. enough to beat his wife? You know maybe she's just gotta take one for the team?

Reaction Score
I'm thinking most of them are a bit cowardly.

Being the resident Dr, he probably monitors the stash of oxycontin and morphine. And being the only Dr, he probably has a lot of leeway. We'll see how much, i.e. enough to beat his wife? You know maybe she's just gotta take one for the team?
Doc clearly couldn't fit in Noah's elective foot surgery (promised by Aaron) until next week. Curse the luck, the demanding Architecture class schedule or the suddenly low morphine supply?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Doc clearly couldn't fit in Noah's elective foot surgery (promised by Aaron) until next week. Curse the luck, the demanding Architecture class schedule or the suddenly low morphine supply?
I guess it's a good thing he didn't waste the medical supplies. ;)

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Seems kinda weird that they ration the chocolate, but you can have all the booze you want!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
When the time comes prob easier to make booze then chocolate.

I wonder if they ever get to the point where there is some sort of industry.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Gotta feel bad for Aidan. Not only will he turn, but he can't go anywhere with four steel rods holding him to the wall.

Although I guess they have to go back there to get the parts they left if they really want the power back on. So Deanna can put a bullet in his head if she's a loving mom.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When the time comes prob easier to make booze then chocolate.
Especially around DC. Not a lot of cacao plants around there. Although plenty of stuff to make alcohol out of.

Reaction Score
If Dr Domestic Violence or any of the other Ostriches are taking the time to brew beer Rick can shoot them out of general principal

Reaction Score
Great minds think alike.
P.S.
Someone does NOT like Doctors. Bob, Herschel & now this guy all have alcohol problems and all particularly gruesome deaths. That hospital was no picnic either, although I guess the murderous Doc there brings the show's percentage of alcoholic Doctors down off 100%

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Never saw that parallel, Dog. Thanks for the insight!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
P.S.
Someone does NOT like Doctors. Bob, Herschel & now this guy all have alcohol problems and all particularly gruesome deaths. That hospital was no picnic either, although I guess the murderous Doc there brings the show's percentage of alcoholic Doctors down off 100%
Well, Bob was really a medic and Herschel was really a vet. Not MD's. Anyway.

I don't believe Dr. Stevens (Woodbury) was alcoholic. Nor was Dr. Subramanian ( Dr S. at the prison). Otis was an EMT, don't remember him being a drunk. Dr. Jenner (at the CDC), eh maybe. (he might have been a PhD though, maybe?? IDK).

Back at the hospital, Dr Edwards (murderous) and Dr. Trevitt (one he let die) weren't portrayed as alcoholics.

However, yea a lot of them had some pretty gruesome deaths. And most of them don't seem to live too long.

Reaction Score
I knew it - RICK doesn't like Doctors!! Very good episode, and loved the way they kept Deanna's opinions unknown or neutral except being against capital punishment. The wolf thing is really working as the unknown villains as well. Hard to be subtle on zombie show yet they are succeeding using Jaws concept of don't let them see the Shark until 2nd or 3rd act.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I knew it - RICK doesn't like Doctors!! Very good episode, and loved the way they kept Deanna's opinions unknown or neutral except being against capital punishment. The wolf thing is really working as the unknown villains as well. Hard to be subtle on zombie show yet they are succeeding using Jaws concept of don't let them see the Shark until 2nd or 3rd act.
Agree, for an episode where not a lot happened (unlike the prior episode) it was still stressful. You know somethings coming, just not sure what. An attack from inside Alexandria, an attack from outside Alexandria? When are the Wolves gonna show up. Where's Morgan?

The preview of next week was really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom