Wake me up when we start playing to win. | The Boneyard

Wake me up when we start playing to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's time for Diaco to quit complaining about the program and try to win some games.

He has let two winnable games go into the loss column because he was evaluating or playing for the future. This is college football there is no future, there is only this year. Let's see game plans that catch opponents by surprise. Let's see personnel decision that are geared for today. Let's see if Diaco knows how to use his TOs.

If you want to have a winning tradition, giving away games is a poor way to start. The best way to learn to win is to win.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
It's time for Diaco to quit complaining about the program and try to win some games.

He has let two winnable games go into the loss column because he was evaluating or playing for the future. This is college football there is no future, there is only this year. Let's see game plans that catch opponents by surprise. Let's see personnel decision that are geared for today. Let's see if Diaco knows how to use his TOs.

If you want to have a winning tradition, giving away games is a poor way to start. The best way to learn to win is to win.

It's bizarre that you write this after a game where Diaco chose boring and staying in a game to have a chance to win.

Now, you can argue that a more aggressive strategy would have had a better chance of working, but it's clear Diaco chose a strategy based on what HE thought gave us the best chance to win.

We were one play from tying the game for most of the second half.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Might need to change your BY Name to Rip Van Winkle

'The story of Palantine is set in the years before and after the Conference Realingment. In a pleasant village, at the foot of downtown Hartford, lives kindly Palantine, a UConn Fan. Palantine enjoys solitary activities in the tailgate area, but he is also loved by all on the BY—especially the children to whom he tells stories and gives BY points. However, he tends to shirk UConn FB rebuilding, to his Boneyarders dismay, which has caused his fandom to fall in disarray.

One fall day, to escape boneyard nagging, Palanatine wanders up the mountains with his husky, Jonathan. Hearing his name called out, Plantine sees a man wearing antiquated Husky gear; he is carrying a keg up the mountain and requires help. Together, they proceed to a hollow in which Palantine discovers the source of thunderous noises. A group of ornately dressed, silent, bearded men who are playing flag football. Palantine does not ask who they are or how they know his name. Instead, he begins to drink some of their moonshine and soon falls asleep.

He awakes to discover shocking changes. His UConn gear has rotted, his beard is a foot long, and his husky is nowhere to be found. Palantine returns to The Rent where he recognizes no one. He discovers that his favorite coach has died and that his close friends have found a new team or moved away. He gets into trouble when he proclaims himself a loyal subject of Bob Diao, not aware that the Conference Realingment has taken place. Diaco's portrait in the inn has been replaced with one of Bob Stoops JR. Palantine is also disturbed to find another man called Palantine. It is his son, now grown up.

Palantine learns the men he met in the mountains are rumored to be the ghosts of UConns' past winning football teams, which had vanished long ago. Pal learns he has been away from the The Rent for at least twenty years. However, an old boneyarder recognizes him and Pal's grown daughter takes him in. He resumes his usual postings, and his strange tale is solemnly taken to heart by the boneyard posters. Other hen-pecked men wish they could have shares in Pal's good luck and had the luxury of sleeping through the hardships of Conference Realignment.'

boneheads words--
cupboard is bare...
Kids need to develop...
We dont throw the ball because the line cant block...
We dont throw the ball cuz the weather is bad...
We dont run the ball cuz we cant block...

it might be a while before we wake you up...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Might need to change your BY Name to Rip Van Winkle

'The story of Palantine is set in the years before and after the Conference Realingment. In a pleasant village, at the foot of downtown Hartford, lives kindly Palantine, a UConn Fan. Palantine enjoys solitary activities in the tailgate area, but he is also loved by all on the BY—especially the children to whom he tells stories and gives BY points. However, he tends to shirk UConn FB rebuilding, to his Boneyarders dismay, which has caused his fandom to fall in disarray.

One fall day, to escape boneyard nagging, Palanatine wanders up the mountains with his husky, Jonathan. Hearing his name called out, Plantine sees a man wearing antiquated Husky gear; he is carrying a keg up the mountain and requires help. Together, they proceed to a hollow in which Palantine discovers the source of thunderous noises. A group of ornately dressed, silent, bearded men who are playing flag football. Palantine does not ask who they are or how they know his name. Instead, he begins to drink some of their moonshine and soon falls asleep.

He awakes to discover shocking changes. His UConn gear has rotted, his beard is a foot long, and his husky is nowhere to be found. Palantine returns to The Rent where he recognizes no one. He discovers that his favorite coach has died and that his close friends have found a new team or moved away. He gets into trouble when he proclaims himself a loyal subject of Bob Diao, not aware that the Conference Realingment has taken place. Diaco's portrait in the inn has been replaced with one of Bob Stoops JR. Palantine is also disturbed to find another man called Palantine. It is his son, now grown up.

Palantine learns the men he met in the mountains are rumored to be the ghosts of UConns' past winning football teams, which had vanished long ago. Pal learns he has been away from the The Rent for at least twenty years. However, an old boneyarder recognizes him and Pal's grown daughter takes him in. He resumes his usual postings, and his strange tale is solemnly taken to heart by the boneyard posters. Other hen-pecked men wish they could have shares in Pal's good luck and had the luxury of sleeping through the hardships of Conference Realignment.

cupboard is bare...
Kids need to develop...
We dont throw the ball because the line cant block...
We dont throw the ball cuz the weather is bad...
We dont run the ball cuz we cant block...

Rip Van Palatine, it does have a ring. But if you're headed in the Sleepy Hollow direction, you might garner better agreement casting me as the Headless Husky.

In either case, I would never post that the cupboard is bare.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Rip Van Palatine, it does have a ring. But if you're headed in the Sleepy Hollow direction, you might garner better agreement casting me as the Headless Husky.

In either case, I would never post that the cupboard is bare.
I know that!

Those words were from me - not Palantine - but I dont feel that way either - thats the cause of others, those words.

And you are really cranky - couldnt even get a like out of you for my hardwork editing the Classic.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Interesting. First couple of games he was too positive and sunshiny in his postgame interview. Now he's too negative / complaining.

Reaction Score
I know that!

Those words were from me - not Palantine - but I dont feel that way either - thats the cause of others, those words.

And you are really cranky - couldnt even get a like out of you for my hardwork editing the Classic.

C'mon, you don't really count your likes!! Do you?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
C'mon, you don't really count your likes!! Do you?
I dont count them - no.

However I worked hard to implement you into the Wikipedia cliff notes of Rip Van Winkle - thought for sure you would appreciate it with a Like.

Keep your like you cranky SOB...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member