Wait...Did Stuart do UK-Wiscy game? | The Boneyard

Wait...Did Stuart do UK-Wiscy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is he one of the remaining officials for the title game?????

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt he will get the job. Theres 10 officials to chose from, they better make sure that guy never puts his zebra costume on

Reaction Score
Good Lord I hope not……….

We need officials who don't have Cal's sack on their chins…………quite honestly their bigs get away with murder as well as Randle getting phantom calls many times he goes to the hole……..Dakari is a bull in a China shop!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter who refs the game. UK will be fouling on every play and we will be in foul trouble again. Doomed.

Reaction Score
The officiating in the UK/Wisc game was disturbing. There were at least three pretty obvious charge calls on the Harrisons that went against Wisc. If the refs let UK get away with all the charging tmrw it won't bode well for us.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The officiating in the UK/Wisc game was disturbing. There were at least three pretty obvious charge calls on the Harrisons that went against Wisc. If the refs let UK get away with all the charging tmrw it won't bode well for us.
They've been getting away with it all year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
ironically, think it was him that called the bumped 3 foul near end against UK. How's that for being consistent?

Reaction Score
Not to mention the sequence resulting in a Technical to Kentucky's Johnson. Johnson slapped the Wisconsin player in the face and then pushed him to the ground after the whistle. The NCAA rule is supposed to be an automatic Flagrant for a hit above the shoulders (was accidental, so would have called in a Flagrant 1), which has been applied very inconsistently all season, just ask Bazz and Boat. That was not called at all. The after the whistle shove is what drew the Technical. If both had been called, a double Technical, Johnson would have been done. What was worse was one of the announcers (forgot which one) who said it was no foul at all (he said that about every Kentucky play). That guy needs to get out of Cal's pants and realize that Coach Cal is the only coach to have 2 different Final 4 trips with 2 different teams to be 'erased.'

Reaction Score
One thing, though, was that Wisconsin wanted to allow them to shoot 3s, so didn't pressure the ball (afraid to get beat off the dribble). What that allowed was for the Harrisons to get a running head start. It kept Wisconsin on it's heels, and made for some 50-50 or, in some cases 60-40 calls that the refs gave to UK.

While I'm scared of the refs, it's not in charge calls. I think, as long as the refs don't call ticky-tack fouls on Boat and Napier, we'll largely be able to keep them out of the paint with the dribble.

I'd expect our defense will be trying to do much of what it did against MSU. Let them shoot, but make them uncomfortable, and deny the ball entry into Randle.

Reaction Score
Sources told ESPN that the refs for Monday night's title game will be Verne Harris, Doug Shows and Joe DeRosa.

Reaction Score
Sources told ESPN that the refs for Monday night's title game will be Verne Harris, Doug Shows and Joe DeRosa .

Verne Harris is a West Coast guy; but, was on the floor for the UConn/Iowa State game. No real issues with that game and I like that his exposure to Cal is limited, just hope he is not overwhelmed on this stage. Doug Shows does a lot of SEC and Big E games. Was on the floor for the SEC champ between Kentucky & Florida. Joe DeRosa is my big concern as he was on the floor for that fun, final regular season game against Louisville where 1) UConn played like crap and 'Ville mugged us under the boards. He also had both of UConn's games against UCF. Looking the 'Ville game and the LUSA/Kentucky game he called, he does not blow the whistle against big men much.

Reaction Score
Good Lord I hope not……….

We need officials who don't have Cal's sack on their chins…………quite honestly their bigs get away with murder as well as Randle getting phantom calls many times he goes to the hole……..Dakari is a bull in a China shop!

Biggest concern is the whistle. I fully expect either Napier or Boatright - or both - to pick up a couple bullsh_t touch fouls on the twins in the early going, which could be problematic. In the front court, it's simply inexplicable that Randle, who creates offense by putting his head down and running through guys, has picked up six total fouls in five games.

Reaction Score
Biggest concern is the whistle. I fully expect either Napier or Boatright - or both - to pick up a couple bullsh_t touch fouls on the twins in the early going, which could be problematic. In the front court, it's simply inexplicable that Randle, who creates offense by putting his head down and running through guys, has picked up six total fouls in five games.

They let Young manhandle a few of our bigs last night too……they missed him throw Phil down at about the 2 minute left mark, he got a rebound underneath the rim behind the basket exploded back into Brimah who hardly touched him and they gave him an and-one! Then he ran through Nolan who picked up the charge with about 1:30 left when we were up 10 and they let him lay it up and in…….I like Patric Young but the let him own us almost as if they read "UConn is weak on the interior" and they give our guys no respect!! Scary I admit as the whistles will drive us nuts……...

Reaction Score
Sources told ESPN that the refs for Monday night's title game will be Verne Harris, Doug Shows and Joe DeRosa.

Shows did the UConn vs. Butler National Championship game which is a good thing but is from SEC country.

DeRosa started his high school officiating in Kentucky ect ect... Former NBA guy ect ect...

V. Harris has been around awhile and lives in Colorado. I don't know that much about his UConn history with regards to officiating.

Our draw could have been worse. We won't get any gifts from these guys though.

Reaction Score
Shows did the UConn vs. Butler National Championship game which is a good thing but is from SEC country.

DeRosa started his high school officiating in Kentucky ect ect... Former NBA guy ect ect...

V. Harris has been around awhile and lives in Colorado. I don't know that much about his UConn history with regards to officiating.

Our draw could have been worse. We won't get any gifts from these guys though.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/doug-shows-sucks/

Reaction Score
I believe both Shows and Harris did the UConn-Butler game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom