Wade Trophy Finalists | The Boneyard

Wade Trophy Finalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Watch List??? There ain't much left to watch. Some of them might only have 1-2 games left. ;)

HGN

Reaction Score
Stewie will win this easily ~~~
Kaizen , they have some good players on the list. But with Stewie and The Gang getting high pub and visibility going for 4- In- A -Row....She stands a good chance. Plus , it will be one way that they all ( Tuck & MoJeff) can share in celebration of having the Wade Trophy among them.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Alexis Jones being omitted from this list is ridiculous. She is easily one of the top players in the country and if she were playing for UCONN would have never been left off.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This looks like a pre-season list. Some of the other awards have adjusted and narrowed their lists over the course of the season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
or if she were playing for Tennessee, apparently.

I am befuddled by her omission from this list. It makes me think that Baylor is still not as respected in the world of WCBB as the more well-known powers in the sport.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I am befuddled by her omission from this list. It makes me think that Baylor is still not as respected in the world of WCBB as the more well-known powers in the sport.

Per Clay Kallam over on Rebkell (who ought to know) the WBCA awards are voted on by SIDs. I believe the conceit is that these are voted on by the coaches but much like the coaches' poll this delegated to the SIDs. SIDs are usually overworked as it is and certainly don't have time to watch games from all over the country. So they probably just go on rep and make sure to get at least one from each top team. Davis has the rep as Baylor's star so Jones gets overlooked. That would be my guess.

That said, DeShields...some people are not paying attention *at all*.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The 30-member list is made up of top NCAA Division I student-athletes who best embody the spirit of Lily Margaret Wade according to the following criteria: game and season statistics, leadership, character, effect on their team and overall playing ability.

You can't argue that Deshields didn't have an effect on her team or that she didn't have some impressive statistics - the team leading 106 turnovers and awesome 0.62 ATO jumps right off the stat sheet. You want more leadership? She also led her team in shots taken. What probably got the attention of the committee was the team leading 125 three point shots taken. I think they overlooked the fact that she only made 31 of them.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The 30-member list is made up of top NCAA Division I student-athletes who best embody the spirit of Lily Margaret Wade according to the following criteria: game and season statistics, leadership, character, effect on their team and overall playing ability.

You can't argue that Deshields didn't have an effect on her team or that she didn't have some impressive statistics - the team leading 106 turnovers and awesome 0.62 ATO jumps right off the stat sheet. You want more leadership? She also led her team in shots taken. What probably got the attention of the committee was the team leading 125 three point shots taken. I think they overlooked the fact that she only made 31 of them.

An appropriate and amusing response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle